1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Something I don't like about the community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CookieEpic, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

I don't get this "Minecrafting" term. I stayed at base as a builder to make some factories and build our base to make sure it withstands more than one bomb, but apparently that's "Minecrafting". Since i dislike minecraft and found the term slightly offensive, i then learned what the term meant. :(

Isn't building your base a part of the game? Shouldn't you have at least a decent stone tower? :huh?:

butterscotch likes this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Minecrafting is a term used by players to describe someone who is back at the base building stuff when they should in fact be more forward and helping repair/putting up towers at the front. Build time generally gives you more than enough time to make a decent fortress (unless your team is bad). You won't be called a minecrafter if you stay back for the few minutes (although the less manpower you have, the more likely you are to lose the initial push and therefore the game). However if most of your team is already at the other teams base and you are still back at your base, then you are minecrafting because there is no point to making a tower strong that's way too far for the enemy to possibly attack and instead you should be helping with offense, whether that be providing towers up front so your team has more land claimed or repairing said towers.

3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sometimes, when the time is right, you need an all out assault. Every single player that's behind back at the base makes the assault less effective.

You get used to the term eventually.

4. CookieEpic

Thanks for the response. I'll keep that in mind on my next round of KAG. ;)

I understand now. I'm happy to finally understand what they mean. Next round, i'm going to make a base within build time, and then help the push by making some boats.. :)

5. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

You've been around for over a month already, how have you not noticed the builders that spend all the time working on the main castle? The thing is, any time the front line is not at your doorstep, any effort put into building the main castle is wasted, because it's not being used. There's a mode for that, it's called creative. Creative players wasting space on a team in any other mode are dead weight. These players are referred to as Minecrafters, because that's basically what they are playing. In spite of this action going on, they dig away for stone and hack away at trees, all to build up their house. And that's it.

Your time could be better spent making far more shorter, thinner walls that still hold back enemy knights without builder support and can be spammed everywhere and upgraded as necessary, or by going up with a knight push and making lots of ladders and team bridges to help them. If you manage to make it over their wall along with the knights, then you can prevent the enemy from climbing their own wall, convert their wall to your own (replacing team doors and bridges), or just destroy it outright. Any one of these options is far more effective than reinforcing the one wall that's least likely to be attacked.

6. CookieEpic

Look, i read your post, but i've already been answered.

Also, i've been playing KAG longer than i've had a forum account, buddy. :)

7. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Why are you proud of that, being here longer? That's just all the more reason you should've caught on already.

Also, this is a public forum. If you only want one answer, private message your question / comment to one player. Otherwise, don't complain when others show up. Welcome to the internet.

Finally, I'm not your buddy, guy.

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Minecrafting is okay on creative servers. On any other, your building should have some purpose.

9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

To put a concise, formal definition to this neologism I would go with something like:

Minecrafting is building for the purpose of self-gratification without benefit to one's team.

This can take the form of building structures that are functionally valid but are not in a useful position or by building decorative or otherwise functionless structures regardless of location. Minecrafting is viewed by some as essentially griefing because you are taking stone, wood, and your playerslot and expending these resources in behaviours that fail to aid your team.

While this kind of behaviour gets a bad rap I personally don't mind it at all. Public matches are silly casual things and minecrafters make good fodder for my sword. It is annoying when you lose because of an excess of minecrafters but generally speaking the distribution of minecrafters will be equal to both teams.

FuzzyBlueBaron and cleggy like this.
  10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Shouldn't this be in the BETA general discussion?

11. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Not really, this applies to both and doesn't have many Beta references.

12. Contrary

Also lol of all the failings of the kag community this is what you make a thread about

thebonesauce and Ej like this.
  13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Do NOT like this post. Let him suffer. Let his screams of agony echo in the wind as his L:P ratio becomes inferior to every forum being.

Alpaca likes this.
  14. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

[​IMG]

Ej likes this.
  15. Contrary

Saying "oh Contrary is only likefarming" is the most popular likefarm.

CookieEpic, Alpaca and LucasTT like this.
  16. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

I like how the thread was about the "bad community',or just something a guy doesn't like,and now we are all talking about Contrary's posts.

17. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Well locking this thread since I guess the topic is settled. PM or post on my profile if you want it reopened.

killatron46 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.