1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The KAG experience is getting ruined by noobs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chiplink, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiplink

Chiplink Shipwright

I've been playing KAG for quite some time now and in the course of time this game has became really frustrating for me as most games get ruined by noobs. Basicly I have two other options if I don't want to play in a public (griefed/full of noobs) server:
    1. I could go on Gold only servers but those are mostly empty and I like games with many players
    2. I could go on a KAG Gather server but when I have time to play I don't wanna mess around with IRC registering and waiting for people to play. I just wanna get in a game and play.
    I play this game everyday and I've seen the most stupidest stuff happening in front of my eyes. I'm not a noob-hating guy and where I can, I try to help players but this is just insane. In most teambased games it doesn't matter if you have a noob or two in your team. But in KAG where you need to build/adjust building; if one player fucks up something the entire team can be doomed in seconds.

Best solution would be an extensive scripted tutorial that would lead every player through basic controls, building tactics and fight tactics. This tutorial would start up the first time playing the game so every player has to play it; and only after that he or she would be able to join online multiplayer games. I know this game is in Silent Beta (although I'm not playing that version) and the current version probably won't get a new tutorial but when KAG 1.0 comes out it should ship with a tutorial. KAG 1.0 will have much more extensive features and without a proper tutorial KAG will be terrible.

For now I just deal with it but I can't see myself playing this game any longer if this issue is not getting worked on. I hope I don't seem like a dick, I probably will but I really had to get this from my chest. It has been bugging me for too long.

TL;DR: KAG 1.0 needs a tutorial!

Beepo, Gofio, Awesomer and 10 others like this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You're not seeming like a dick at all, and it's not just an issue with the experienced players, but the newbs as well. Grasping the game goal and content requires a decent amount of knowledge, and the inexperienced players get a lot of hate on them in the public servers. A lot of the testers are constantly bugging the developers with the necessity of a tutorial, and I believe they are slowly getting onto it.

Perhaps we'll see an official announcement regarding it soon.

butterscotch and Chiplink like this.
  3. Chiplink

Chiplink Shipwright

Thank you for your response. Let's hope the devs will work on it!

4. uhh, since there are usually noobs on the other team too, why dont you just got and carry your team, killing all of the other guys?

delankski, butterscotch and -Q like this.
  5. wildnikke

wildnikke Burner Donator

Well i see noobs as new players getting used to the game i do get very fustrated somtimes with *Noobs* as u would put it but if u can see they arnt propper used to the game help them if its a asshole greifer or a hacker or even a guy who says *Im boss and better than everyone* then calls u a noob then i think that guy is a total asshole and will probably never get freinds because of his dick like behaviour :) thats my way of looking at it

SlyStalker likes this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey, give newbies a break; they fulfill the necessary function of cannon fodder. ^_^

7. wildnikke

wildnikke Burner Donator

[​IMG]I agree fuzzy newbies need to get used to do game which i help newbies gain more strength so people don't be tight and call em crap or somthing

8. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Well,

* Find some mates
    * Get on mumble/teamspeak
    * Laugh together
    * Find time to play a gather
    * Play some clan wars
    * Enjoy kag

In EVERY game, there are beginners/noobs/pubbers, you just have to deal with it or learn them how to play, give them some advices.

butterscotch, SlyStalker and azemazer like this.
  9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

It's no use to be helpful when new players can't even speak a common language. Time and time again, I've shouted at a builder to BUILD A FUCKING LADDER and he just continues to hammer a rock or dig a hole in the dirt. This is unacceptable.

PinXviiN likes this.
  10. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Kids can't handle online game. That is just how things go unfortunately.

11. bruthsaw

bruthsaw Shopkeep Stealer

We always need Cannon Fodder, there wouldn't be pros without noobs.
    And remember. You used to be new too. A public service announcement.

12. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

How 'bout clicking the big button in your KAG Classic start menu that says manual, eh?

Chiplink likes this.
  13. PinoyPooPow

PinoyPooPow Shark Slayer

But people need to learn to use catapults, how to build good things, what to build.. The last time I checked the tutorial only showed the basics on knights and archers

Chiplink likes this.
  14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This is the story with everything.

"Poetry is ruined by noobs." - O.G. Poets

Happiness, GloriousToast and Ej like this.
  15. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

• Catapults are easy to use well.
    • Just ask an experienced builder what to build, or look at what good players are building.

16. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

This is why parents need to watch what their SMALL CHILDREN do online. It pisses me off to no end when I hear children THIS YOUNG on a public server.

17. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Well, here is a picture of 3 year olds playing KAG.
    [​IMG]

Bint likes this.
  18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

lol, is this for serious?

I remember when a friend of mine told me her young son (I believe he's 7) was playing Minecraft and MW3 online all day long. I pointed her in the direction of a few videos that showed exactly what online interactions are like, and she locked up his Xbox 360 for a month.

It's not like it used to be when I was a kid. When I was a kid, multiplayer meant playing against your friends who were sitting right next to you. Some of my fondest memories are beating Contra with my older cousin (who is in prison now...) and nearly fist fighting with my old friend Bobby when we tied each other in a Mega Man X race. Those are TRUE multiplayer experiences, not poking fun of someone like soulrealm (he's 12, right?) who lives thousands of miles away from me.

Juaro, Canadian98, BlueLuigi and 4 others like this.
  19. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

We all used to be noobs, but I agree that there needs to be a better tutorial which covers all the mechanics of KAG.
    Smosh If Video Games Were Real (either #1,2 or 3) Call Of Duty sums this situation up perfectly.

Gofio likes this.
  20. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Guys, the real problems don't come from the tutorial not being extensive enough (although it kind of isn't), they come from the fact that all of the kids just skip it. "oh, tutorials? those are boring, i'll figure it out as i go", so then they go in a server, and they try to learn, which would usually be fine and all, except for the part where servers are so filled with scrubs that the new players will actually start learning how to be bad from one of the scrubs, instead of learning how to help their team from one of the more advanced players, and then they in turn will pass down their poor knowledge, etc., etc., and when someone who actually knows what they're doing tries to give them advice, their response is almost always "fuck you, i do what i want". I swear, if i had a penny for every time i've heard a player ask "how do I use bombs?"...

tl;dr version: the tutorial needs to be MANDATORY, not just an option. I know Chip link meant that in his original post, but i just though that it needed to be emphasized.

Chiplink and Conquerer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.