1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 781

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

Hey folks!
    I thought about NKking's post, here is my oppinion about his points.

I disagree,
    In a nutshell: Keg explosions are a huge benefit and should only be caused by organized assault.
    I think Kegs are useful, but not used correctly. You basicaly describe the life of a suicide bomber. But Kegs are supposed to be used at a bigger assault. First kill enemy knights, your teammates should protect you (the Keg carrier) as good as possible
    (shielding water bombs/arrows etc.), get time to place the Keg correctly, and only then you should get the benefit of a Keg explosion. What game would it be if every random stranger is able to get every keg perfectly placed, ending in blowing up your castle...

I agree,
    The new Keg explosion really doesn't fit well in the game. Everything is well painted, realistic and beautiful maps, and then a "bomberman" explosion, c'mon.. really?

I don't get it? if you light a Bomb, you already hold it in your hand...???

Thats already done, the Item selected is on the very left side.

On buildings fire usually is easily spotted. I like to build a separate room with a bunch of filled water-buckets, when isee that the enemy approaches with pyrotech. But you are right some times in the forest the flames are hidden behind bushes, corn and logs.

Bases look how you build them.
    In a nutshell: Upgrade Dormitory for 100 wood, hold 2 Migrants.
    Sure as it is now you have to build a whole lot of dorms to be efficient, and I understand that its ugly when 15-20 zzZZ's are blinking. So my suggestion to fix this, Dormitories need to get more space, for more migrants.
    My suggestion for this problem is upgradeable dorms. Make 2 or 3 classes of Dormitory, add a second available button next to the Migrant head. The Upgrade button, I would say a 100 wood to upgrade the Dormitory so it now holds 2 migrants. A Upgraded Dormitory has 2 cool downs for 2 players to spawn at the same time. You could also think about a 3rd Upgrade...

Thanks for reading. :):thumbs_up:
    Sry for longpost

JacKD, galdrad and driecoolguy36 like this.
  2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Great work as always guys :thumbs_up::yes:

3. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator

1) Have you EVER seen an a attack coordinated like that in beta. I was playing with 3 of my clan mates and even the we weren't able to do an attack like that. I thin it sis 90% impossible to do such well coordinated attack.

2) Right now players light bombs from their inventory. I am telling that if the player holds the bomb outside of his inventory I automatically changes to the type of bomb you have and light s it. that mechanic could've helped with the more professional style of play.

3) It is bugged. When player just throw bomb away from the inventory it still shows that he has it.

4) New update hides fire really well players are able to see blocks being destroyed, but it is too hard to spot where is the fire specifically, due to that players jus run past the fire and then ask, "How is our base is on fire?".

5) Have you EVER seen a castle like that since the update!
    [​IMG]

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It actually _is_ like that now, just anything bought from the trader comes out as a separate scroll as well due to a bug. The game ending on stealing their research is actually a pretty good idea.

I'd address the other stuff but I'm on the train at the moment and typing is murder. Just wanted to clear up that the researched stuff _is_ all in one book.
    Have you played a low ping match yet? "Longsword" slashes only happen in laggy matches as far as I've seen and have been fixed everywhere else. I can't help that everyone piles in one server with the low population, but we have been fixing as many combat bugs as possible as well as building all this content.

Apronymous likes this.
  5. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

Well I do not doubt that you can't pull off an assault that would benefit in a good KEG blow, with 3 guys. Unless the game is maybe a 5v5 - 6v6.
    Don't you see the argument, that a well placed KEG is hell of a pain in the ass for the other team, and therefore needs to be "deserved".

So what you are trying to say is that if for example, you have selected a normal bomb, and you pick up a water-bomb with "c" and then press space, the normal Bomb gets lighted?

I have not experienced this bug so far.

Ah, now I got you. Yes thats totally true, the animation of the fire does not really show where you can get burned. But I can't tell what requirements need to be served that a player catches up in flames.

Nope I haven't because the update is about 1 Day "old"... :D

6. NKking

No
    Example:
    your inventory has one bomb.
    You pick up a water bomb.
    You don't put it in your inventory.
    but you chose a bomb to be lit when you will press spacebar.
    you press spacebar
    The game automatically sends a command to light a bomb but then game notices that you have a water bomb in your hand(not in your inventory) so then game sends a command to light watter bomb because script sais that bottle in your hand stands on a higher priority than the bomb in your inventory.

It is not hard to program for a experienced programmer it is just the mater of putting priorities on what should be lit first.

Maybe players should have an ability to chose the order. some sort to option I the menu.

It took me 2 matches to spot all that stuff ;one day is enough to find 70 -90%of the bugs with so many people playing no 4- 7 servers.

7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I reported that bug! :P

8. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

781 is great, i only see the much dormitorys as a problem and maybe the research could be done a bit easyer (noob-friendly).

You get hit from far? then fix your internet or join a server near your location for optimal ping and you'll notice, laggers have a disadvantage to good ping, i usually got 33 ping on my clan server, while another mate from indonesia has 400, i can hit him from very far when he's moving away from my sword atack, he get's hit cauze his hitbox has based on the high ping a small delay, means his hitbox isnt always on the place "on his screen" cauze of the almost 1/2 sec delay.

Also, the Bomberman explosion is so fun, Geti that was one of the coolest idea's and as i've seen it since bomberman first time, i dont find it's a stupid idea to make some memories to good ol' bomberman :thumbs_up: (propably the people which dont like the explosion, came in bomberman never above lvl 1 :oops:) ^^
    Also, the keg has now to used with a bit knowledge, you cant just throw it near a tower and hope for a super-huge crate in the wall, you gotta place it well or fire it with a cata now to have a good effect, which is great and makes them not so annoying as fuck.

thats my opinion.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: kegs - we're likely to remove the downwards part of the explosion, or make it a little weaker as the huge trenches are a bit of a pain in the ass to get around (especially in the dark) but I think the bomberman explosion is quite fun and feels really powerful. I thought it was quite funny that someone suggested we'd be sued and should be ashamed for the hat tip to bomberman (and the nostalgia factor of the old bombs, for those that have been around that long).
    We might be changing the amount of damage it does through walls at some point but I think we'll likely be keeping the bomberman aspect since it makes them really useful for crushing towers. The explosion on being shot out of cata needs to happen again though, for the sake of exploded archers.

@NKKing - yeah that bug is noted and fairly high on the list to be fixed, thanks for elaborating though.

See https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/current-issues-and-dealing-with-them-poll.14432/ for discussion of what's good/bad and your thoughts on how we'd like to deal with them please guys :)

FuzzyBlueBaron and JacKD like this.
  10. NKking

Geti will that be ok if I will copy all the problems there again?

11. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Released a compatible patch (restart your dedi servers):

[fixed] knight picks up burning satchel (hilarious bug)
    [fixed] migrant cant open door
    [modified] moved crate up in pickup priority
    [fixed] warboat missing from factory on some occasions and magic scroll in there
    [fixed] arrows not colliding with mines
    [modified] cheaper dinghy

12. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

explain to me what this is? just want to know as mm calling it hilarious

13. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower

The main problem, that makes me exit the game its a Lag. Solve it, and it gave 300% buff to people stream. ;)

14. NKking

It is hilarious in the way I want to cry that's what it is .

15. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

Need to fix water bombs.

16. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Does that mean knights can walk over fire with shield down and stand against burning blocks by aiming shield towards fire?

17. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Yes.

BoiiW likes this.
  18. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

While playing the Beta, I noticed a huge lack of fortresses, walls, or any kind of defensive building.
    Each team's builders just kept making Dorms and Factories, until both teams eventually met and one of them lost.

What happened is that the focus of the builders has been diverted from making a fortress to making a happy town.

So, how do we (or rather you, the devs) fix this?
    I suggest making the map bigger. The terrain part should grow just a bit more, but the ocean should occupy a much larger space.
    This would slow everything down and make wars feel like actual wars.
    As of now, an ocean is as big as two boats. It's ridiculous.

Also, the terrain needs to be a little more flat. Right now, structures larger than 10 squares are impossible to make, since the terrain is flat for atleast 7 or 8 tiles, and then it has a mountain or a cliff. What do people do when they don't have horizontal space? They utilize the vertical space, of course.
    That leads to the creation of tall skyscrapers full of Dorms and Factories. These skyscrapers take long to build and occupy the space needed to build defenses.

In short, there's a lack of defensive buildings because everyone is so focused on Dorms, Factories and of course attacking.
    The game is not anymore about who builds the best castle and has the best fighter, but about who gets that little improvement first.
    Right now it's a marathon, not a war.

GloriousToast and xDeity like this.
  19. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

@nkking or who ever this will never ever become minecraft as kag is a different in practically everything except they are both sandboxes and have similar blocks.
    Also about hit boxes you can hit a lagging retreating enemy because his character box is trailing behind him and is not actually where the player thinks he is. This is also the reason that you can do the gay multifall bug in kag alpha and die from a low height.

20. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

At first I really didn't like this update, but I have come to love it! :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.