1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ip address? Help :)

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Chumind, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

WHat should i put into the IP address? It sounds easy but i think it should be harder. What EXACT ip should i put so that my server can be seen by anyone online.

http://imgur.com/mSHwLKY

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Open command and give the output of the command "ipconfig /all"

ps you shouldnt add a virtual server but open your ports. Check the gaming tab

3. MurCon

MurCon Catapult Fodder

If you are using windows 7:

- Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center(copy and paste this into a window navigation box) then click "change adapter settings"
    - Right click your main connection
    - Click Status
    - Click Details
    - Look for Ipv4 Address, and put that in the ip box in your router.
    - Set protocol to UNP & TCP(If you got the option, otherwise just leave it on TCP)
    - Private and Public port you want to put your server port, so for example the default server port is 50301(You would put this in both boxes)
    - If you have a firewall setup, or you use the default firewall make sure your server is allowed through it with the ports. Refer to the wiki here to get more assistance with it.
    - After you done all that, start up your server and connect to it with the direct connect(Not the multiplayer list, its not possible to connect to the multiplayer listing while hosting on your windows pc), and other people should be able to connect and join your server.

On the side note with the IP address is that; people will connect to your wan ip and not your dynamically assigned IP(Use whatismyip.com to see your real ip or just look in the router for it). If you plan on having your server up 24/7, I would recommend you setup a static IP and set it out of the range of your routers DCHP so you can make sure your ip never changes. Thats where port forwarding comes in. So when someone trys to ping your wan ip and port, they will be forwarded to your dynamically assigned ip(e.x 192.168.1.23) which has your server. Most servers have a dhcp max client from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.50, so setting up a static ip to like something like 192.168.1.100 would be wise.

Btw, he is in the correct spot to forward his ports. Routers are different, some say port forwarding exactly, and some say virtual servers. Essentially they are the same thing. Also this link here verifys he is in the correct spot http://www.trendnet.com/kb/kbp_viewquestion.asp?ToDo=view&questId=2121&catId=584

Gaming tab is probably for QOS control.

4. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

How do you direct connect?

5. MurCon

MurCon Catapult Fodder

> Multiplayer

> Connect To

6. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Can you team view me? I cant see my server on the list but i can connect to it. No one can see it

7. MurCon

MurCon Catapult Fodder

Yeah sure can, do you got IRC or something?

8. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

I will send info soon

9. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

KAG2d staff is not responsible for any harm caused to your computer by teamview-sessions with random strangers.

inactive_account likes this.