1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MEDIC - KAG's Newest In-Game Guides!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thebonesauce, Jun 30, 2013.

1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Hello! As a result of many new players feeling alienated, I have come to the conclusion (with the ideas of a few other players (namely Monsteri and Contrary)) that this game needs experienced players in-game with the clantag MEDIC who are willing to help newer players become more accustomed to the game and it's complexities!

Want to contribute? Here's the deal, I'm posting this here asking for some help from the community. I would like to round up as many people as possible who are willing to do this. Our mission will be to be available on IRC and in the game on random servers helping new kids on the block. It's really that simple. Click here to apply for the social forum.
    Monsteri came up with a great application form, so here's what I want anyone interested in joining to do; copy/paste this form into a conversation with either me or Monsteri, fill in the answers, and send it to us. If we feel you are competent enough, you're in!
    Hello! You have requested to join MEDIC, a group of players who take it as their task to help the new and inexperienced players.

To proceed being accepted into the group, please answer the following questions correctly and send your answers to thebonesauce or Monsteri. Use as fluent English as possible!

1) What is expected of you while wearing the MEDIC tag?

2) How to acquire premium membership in KAG?

3) How does the coin mechanism work in classic KAG?

4) How to make & use a catapult?

5) How does one buy a bomb & throw it?

6) How does bombjumping work?

7) Explain notch climbing.

8) What is the Beta?

9) What is the win condition of Beta's main gamemode - WAR?

10) Why do you want to participiate in MEDIC?

11) Describe yourself in a few sentences.

NOTE: EVEN CURRENT MEMBERS MUST FILL THIS OUT!

New guys! Keep an eye out for anyone with the clantag "MEDIC" if you have any questions about the game. Feel free to ask for advice, questions, comments, etc. We'll be more than happy to show you building techniques, good ways to fight as a knight, archer tactics, farming for gold and coins, etc. Within the coming weeks, there will hopefully be many of us out there, so you'll never be without some help!

If you are interested, post! In the next day or so, I'll be starting a conversation and add the people who have decided to join up. I'll be sending this link to Geti so it can possibly be posted on the devlog, the main thing that most players see as most are not on the forums.

Thanks for your interest! If you have any questions/comments/criticisms, feel free to post!

Titmau5, Gofio, feet and 24 others like this.
  2. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

This is a great idea!

thebonesauce likes this.
  3. Great Work Bonesauce, i'm sure this will be successful and will be very helpful to new players.

4. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That's right, Monsteri was talking about something like this. I don't have much to do on KAG besides my regular duties, so I'll apply for this!

5. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

keep a eye out for people with the xCube clantag, they will help you by lowering your self-esteem if you need it yo.

6. morganblahblah

morganblahblah Catapult Fodder

thebonesauce i would love to help :3

7. thebonesauce

Welp, don't know you all that well but you're more than welcome to help!

8. morganblahblah

morganblahblah Catapult Fodder

thebonesauce shouldnt we add like a server for the new guys to go in and we could train them there?

9. thebonesauce

My views on beginner's servers and in-depth tutorials;

I just don't see the point. I learned to play KAG the hard way; I joined Jaedizzle's House (one of the 64 player servers back in the day) and learned. I watched other players building and fighting and tried to get the moves down. I messed about in Sandbox building things I thought would be useful.

A "beginner's server" doesn't give the real experience of KAG. The only way you can learn is by doing, and joining a random server is the best way.

Digger101 likes this.
  10. SlyStalker

This idea will only work if newbs know about us. If they think that we are just another competitive clan, we won't be of any use at all.

11. thebonesauce

Exactly why I put that information on the Social Group. I've also passed this idea along to Geti in hopes that the group is mentioned in the devlog or something of the sort, that way people know what to look for!

SlyStalker likes this.
  12. SlyStalker

Getting the devs to publicise this is another good idea. :thumbs_up:

13. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Should get the developers to setup something like Valve has it setup in Team Fortress 2, you type a command(!coach) of some sort into chat and that gets relayed to a Coach(Maybe through IRC, like the Guard system works). Which then, that coach will get a message showing what server the player is on, and then he/she can assist the player. Proves to be very helpful for new players, and signing up people for "Medic" is just an extraordinary start for bettering the community as a whole. Also have it setup where the Coach can lock spectate on the player that requested help and have a 1v1 chat system so the normal chat won't get spammed with what to do from the coach.

Plus some good building guides on the forums would help, along with the do's and don'ts would be helpful. Good idea though, hope this helps a lot of people.

14. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

I would be more happy enough to help :)

Also, very good idea!

thebonesauce likes this.
  15. thebonesauce

16. Force

Force Shark Slayer

MEDIC reminds me of Tf2...

Im interested

Gofio, GloriousToast and thebonesauce like this.
  17. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Sounds like a good idea sauce bone, if new players are actually willing to listen to you guys. I'd help, but i think i'd give you a bad rap with mah rage issues :heart:

E: idk, i tried "adopting" a scrub once, but someone else ended up perma banning him. Apparently they didn't find his over all douchery as adorable as i did </3

18. thebonesauce

Nice to have you aboard! You'll be a great addition for the builders.

19. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I'm interested in helping :)

thebonesauce likes this.
  20. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I can help, in overall anything weapons, how to's etc.
    Depending on when it will be realeased on steam, I got time most day's, unless my life starts to get busy ;~;