1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Story The Life And Times Of The Badmin, or How King Arthur's Gold Ruined My Sanity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thebonesauce, Jun 19, 2013.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

hehe Jaedong did that? That server was fairly funny I remember; It feels rare thinking of the admins of that time, i don't remember any of them...

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

J would fuck around a lot learning stuff those days cause he hadn't playd much with the admin, so yeah, that kind of stuff was quite common, he did apologize for it though and stopped doing it after that first week or so.

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Exactly. Just thought it was a good example.

4. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I could not agree with what you said more. Although I'm not an admin on many servers in KAG, I too have seen a large decline in player intelligence. I took about a six month break from this game only a few weeks before the Yog video came around, and upon my return, I could definately tell that not only had the game changed A TON but it also felt as though everyone kept to themself. No one really talked to one another and had no real tactic as a team. They all just seemed to do whatever they felt like. Trying to help someone nowadays is generally greeted with a "Fuck u idot."

As a former admin on a few SS13 servers, I too have seen my fair share of childish or ignorant players. Today, many servers are flooded with a much younger playerbase and dealing with them is too difficult in my eyes. I resigned because of them and a few incidents, but I feel exhausted of all kindness because of that experience.

I am a pretty cold and callas admin, but I still have a want, a need to enhance those players that still enjoy this game for what it is. If I could, I would honestly be an admin on as many servers as I could for that same reason. Those few years I had admining those servers, I became numb to the daily bans and babysitting, rather than becoming cynical. Hearing someone yell, "ADMIN ABUSE," is just white noise.

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.

Kazaco97, 8x, Froghead48 and 2 others like this.
  5. The servers that I admin on see a pretty regular influx of griefers, but it's all good. I don't mind dealing with them, and I can back myself up with chat logs if things get nasty.

And Fucu, SS13 is Griefer's Heaven. The first time I played that game, I was beaten to death a single step outside the spawn point. Not justified ICly either. XD
    I went on BS12 once and I was banned permanently for asking IC 'how do I chat OOC'?

thebonesauce likes this.
  6. thebonesauce

Probably a dumb question, but what is SS13 and BS12?

7. Space Station Thirteen is an odd roleplaying game set in a space station. It's got terrible controls, idiotic network code, the worst badmins you'll ever see, and yet it's a thriving game.
    BS12 is one of the servers hosting its own fork of SS13, "Baystation 12." It's not really associated with bay12 anymore. Just brought it up because tonnes of badmins.

thebonesauce likes this.
  8. wildnikke

wildnikke Burner Donator

I'm admin on some servers but i got to admit i can be an ass some times but most of time im fair :D just having fun!

9. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

There have always been griefers in SS13, but generally once you can handle yourself, they'll be easy kills. Admins for a lot of the servers are looked at as badmins mostly due to the fact they make questionable decisions. It's hard to find the line between role-play and just plain grief. If admins don't respond to your cries in the ahelp, they're most likely either dealing with much bigger problems or afk.

Anyways, I hope this community improves just as I hope the SS13 community improves. I'm getting tired of seeing such hostility towards one another because of one's lack of skill or just lack of manners. Then again, I'm old fashioned so what the hell do I know?

rocker2 likes this.
  10. thebonesauce

Well, hopefully MEDIC will fix all the issues within the community by giving new guys a helping hand when they're just lost.

I remember what it was like when I first joined. I played for about 10 minutes (I bought premium immediately, before I ever even played the game) and thought I made a horrible mistake because I had NO CLUE what I was doing... A week later I tried again, read some guides and asked for help from other players, and I learned a lot that week. It's kinda sad to say, but KAG changed my life. I've never been a huge fan of online gaming, and KAG was the first game of the online nature that I ever got into, especially enough to play for a year and a half.

That said, I really didn't have anyone to turn to when I had no fucking clue what I was doing back in the early days... So I'm hoping my little contribution to the community helps.

11. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

Hey, im a fucking 11 year old but i dont "troll" people. I havnt played classic in a while but i imagine the community has gone to shit and as bone sauce said admins have decayed into badmins.

Cheers.

12. thebonesauce

Uhm, probably best that you keep your age to yourself duder. A lot of places on the internet have a general rule that you can't register for forums/websites/etc. unless you're at least 13 years old...

Not all admins have degenerated into the dreaded badmin. I administrate the same way I always have, it just seems that most new players cry about the slightest thing regarding administration. I refer to myself in this article as a "badmin" simply because that's what I've been called recently.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hey, did someone say there's an 11 year old in this thread? I hate 11 year olds.

Beelzebub likes this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

And they love you too. <3
    ----

Here's hoping that the MEDIC movement will change the vicious cycle that leads to goodmins turning into arch badmins. :)

thebonesauce likes this.