1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 806 - Tweaks, Fixes, Mad Ballistas - POLL

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 3, 2013.

?

Do you like this build?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2013.
  1. Yes!

66.7%
  2. No!

17.8%
  3. Kind of! (post response with reason)

15.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I agree that 2 skilled knights and one skilled builder can do a LOT but not in that situation.
    If you seen the pictures ( here is it
    [​IMG]
    just in case you haven't seen it).
    You can see that the spike are Right in front of the blue main base. It would've been impossible to cover one builder from falling bombs from the top and knights slashing at you when you cant jump.
    And there weren't a few people it was the whole blue team. Which made it even harder.
    Can you agree with me?

2. In this case, it requires a concerted effort from the entire team- but as I said, if your team had've nullified the spikes with blocks at the same time as building an above-ground tunnel, you'd've been largely protected from bomb blasts as well as being able to advance with not much effort. Let's have a little diagram.

This below is a simple spike spam. x = spike, ___ ground or stone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now, if you place blocks above the spikes to block them, and then a stone or wood block two tiles above that, you have a moderately defensible passage.
    _________
    <- pass through here, undamaged by spikes, protected from attack
    _________
    xxxxxxxxxx
    _________

thebonesauce and delankski like this.
  3. NKking

OK Now I will tell you a few problems with that diagram

1) It is impossible to build sealing of the tunnel and the bottom part of the tunnel + I will count as sky bridging because spikes are not providing support. I will prefer to lose than bug / disbalanced mechanics abuse.
    2) Bombs destroy instantly stone block, wooden door and wooden block. I call it bunker buster . When you have a builder in a box of stone you throw a bomb on top of that bunker and builder inside dies. As easy as that. ( shields wont protect builders from explosive damage.)
    3) Someone needs to defend the front line.
    4) People are selfish. COMEON When was the last time you came to a full server and said listen up guys do that , that ,that and then we will archive this, this and this. I bet Next moment you say that people will just ignore you or say to shut up.
    almost everybody does what he wants. (sadly) [ I had ideas about something like a commander mode, but it will have to many problems in KAG].

And again you don't get the point ( or maybe you do)
    It is not about how easy is to get or destroy or what ever the spikes. It is about how easy to spam them and hat was cause by their low price. Because of that devs will rise a cost of a single spike in the next build ( again we will see. will it fix the problem or not.

4. genobee

genobee Builder Stabber

In this kind of situation, I'd be forced to make a trampoline cannon to get past those spike.

amgtree likes this.
  5. lazas1234

lazas1234 Builder Stabber

Guys, this isn't a post for complaining about how to get past spikes. It's one for feedback on the build.

By the way, I liked everything in the build and I could build quite a few traps with back wall on water with trap bridges. It wasn't hard to take out though so back wall on water takes the water should be kept. Sand is also a good idea, only thing I am worrying about is if a griefer takes all the sand a spreads all over your base so you can't really build anything. I don't think sponge should be made with just wood, it should also have sand in the recipe to make it a bit harder to obtain.

Can't wait for the update!

Reudh likes this.
  6. NKking

You wont be able to pick up sand.

7. lazas1234

well then for the sponge you can use a bucket in the recipe but make the bucket reusible in the recipe

i was playing on beo's server a couple mins ago and then the hall dissapeared halfway through capturing

EDIT: played again on beos server and after a long time the halls become destructible and everyone breaks all of them

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Having sand blocks underwater because it looks so weird with water now, blocks don't even get wet on contact.

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It would be neat if you tried catch this again with some screenshots and fill a bug format.

10. lazas1234

I did get a screen shot but for some reason it was on my desktop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.