1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cube World

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fate, Jan 14, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

well looks like I won't be able to buy this game for a while since they constantly close down their registrations. Some fags are DDoSing their servers :(

Hopefully this will be resolved soon and once it is resolved, I will certainly buy this game :D

2. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

PS: The website is back up :)

3. link6155

Sweet, well, I'm not sure if I want to shed out $20, already spent quite a lot on other games :P

4. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

So I was able to register before it crashed again O.o (lol)

Also, what's DDoSing?

5. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

6. link6155

DDoS (Denial of Service) is an attack on a server. What you basically do is overlord the server with too much dta for it's to process, causing it to crash.

7. I've been waiting for this for two years now... its what I've always dreamed of... except I can't ever shell out my money for it. Ever.
    My dreams are crushed. ;_;

8. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Holy... I just downloaded the game on my tablet (not really, just the files, without password), will test it on Linux when Ill be back from the vacation.

9. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

PinXviiN likes this.
  10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

emagawwd bloody DDoSing, I want to register nawwww!

Apronymous likes this.
  11. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

This game is just sooo much fun, I've spent my whole last day playing this. The only thing I'm sad about is that you can't have more than 4 people on your server(at the moment; is going to be expanded heavily afaik). Damn.

12. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Galen, there are public servers where you can play with more than 4 people. No lag luckily.

But the bad thing is that servers for Linux are hyper-buggy, making a hell pain for Linux users :(

Edit: So after I saw that the register thingy is down... I was still able to register? Wow, was I lucky at timing... Or I registered a commenter profile? :P

13. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

There is no linux server build yet, and no working config file in the files of the game itself. I already looked that up. Dunno how these guys manage to get more than 4 people on their server, the last time I tried that it made the server crash as soon as the fifth person wanted to join.

14. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I've started a server which will be up when I'm up, if not ping me on IRC: 86.140.82.23

Digger101 likes this.
  15. CrispyChips35

CrispyChips35 Bison Rider

This game is awesome, but really unfriendly with new players. But when you get the hang of it, its really fun. I played it with friends yesterday, it was alot of fun. :thumbs_up:

VanHuek likes this.
  16. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Definitely - CPU at 72 degrees celsius.

17. CrispyChips35

CrispyChips35 Bison Rider

Yeah, i don't lag all the time, but i get lag spikes. Sometimes their very often, and when i turn off the game, it freezes, so i have to close it through task manager -.-

18. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Holy....

Chill out guys, it's in first public alpha :huh?: Basic has been done, and they are still developing it. I'd die in happiness if I would able to play it (on this very bad Linux).

19. link6155

Well the game doesn't work on my desktop as it uses an Intel HD graphic card, which Cube World doesn't support. However, the game does work nicely on my laptop and tablet :)

Apronymous and delankski like this.
  20. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Tablet?!?!? Is it Windows tablet or android?

Gofio likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi