1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TEST] How to increase death limit?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by who, Oct 8, 2011.

1. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

How do Increase the death limit (its 60 by default) or just completely get rid of it?

Noc likes this.
  2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Good question. It's not inside the config-files afaik.

3. Darcia

Darcia Chief Fur Love Director <3 Donator Tester

I feel stupid asking as I'm sure I know this already... But what's the death limit?

4. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

units count.png
    Introduced with testbuild 171. When one team does have no more units you will not be able to respawn anymore. Every player (of that team) who dies will have to wait until the next round which starts if the remaining players cap a flag or all die.

5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hmmmm. Ask SirSalami - he set up his test server with the 'mongol hoard' game mode to have a 75 units for the blue team and 750 for the mongol reds... Very fun! :D

6. Darcia

Ahh! What game mode is that? War? CTF?

7. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

CTF most likely. But its a server setting that can be turned on for any game mode, I believe.

8. Darcia

Hm. Well if they use it in CTF I'd like to see war mode be without the limits, for those of us who want to have a huge brawl rather than be tactical. :P

9. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Sorry for the late response guys. for CTF, you can change it with "unit_count" in /kag/base/rules/ctf/team1.cfg and team2.cfg. It's an expression based on max player count.

To be very specific, it's considered a game-mode rule, which is independent for each team. Each team.cfg file is called from the /kag/base/rules/ctf/gamemode.cfg which is called, when the servers starts, from /kag/base/scripts/dedicated_autostart.gm.

illu likes this.
  10. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

alright, thanks