1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 813

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

More tweaks and bug fixes:
    • can pick spawn point while waiting for respawn
    • fixed twitter feed in launcher
    • it says "no spawns available" available instead of "respawning in..." when no halls
    • fixed archer arrow selection
    • added fire emoticon
    • fixed duplicating wood on workshop build

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Locked all the old threads about new builds. Please keep the discussion here.

Apronymous likes this.
  3. blox863

blox863 Bison Rider

Thanks for new build guy's , gona test it out now. also should i make a reddit subforum for kagbeta because we allready have /r/kag i would make /r/kagbeta

4. Retric

Retric Shopkeep Stealer

Good work guys :)

5. MM

Fixed halls cant be captured and fire arrows. Restart servers.

delankski likes this.
  6. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

:p Fire emoticon yes!

7. galdrad

galdrad Shopkeep Stealer

8. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

Well while you fix the capture bug I'm gonna write what I think about the game so far.

First of all I think combat is in a good place right now. Kegs are a little bit too powerfull but that's mostly due to the bug where you can light a keg and put it in your pack. Other than that it's fine. Knight slashes are more suceptible to lag than in classic though as far as I can tell.
    The mouvement when you try to climb something is a little bit sluggish as illustrated perfectly by the war boat when it was REALLY hard to get over it before you added a ladder inside. The mouvement in classic is much smoother. Also bring back the old block+ door way of climbing, this is fun. Right now someone found a way to do it but its harder to do (need 3 different blocks).

The researches need to be switched around. The 2 upper paths are fine (the ones with the boat) but the bottom ones are uneven. Water ammo to demolition is by far a superior choice right now. Now accordingly, fire cost more gold if you want to buy the scroll compared to water, but when you get water ammo and demolition, you don't really need fire anyway. Also bombs arrows are too situational to ever warrant a research on their own. This should work like a paper stone scissor game. Let's say we separate all researches. A team could decide to rush fire first hoping the other team don't go water first. Bombs arrows could make (maybe they already do, couldn't test it lately due to arrows not working) kegs explode on contact that way bomb arrows would counter demolition. That sort of things. Also the whole buying scrolls from the old man is awkward. I like the idea of spells a lot, so maybe keep him just for that ?

The capture points are way too succeptible to cheesing. Someone could go all the way around to the other team's first point and cap that alone while noone is watching. This is not so fun and forces you to pay constant attention to it. I think there should be a clear front where fights are happening. Maybe make it so you can't capture a point before you capture the one before that ?

Balance wise the maps with 3 capture points are not so good. whoever rush the middle point the fastest has a clear advantage. Personally I like the factory limit but I would scratch the capture the point idea and allow 7 factories per team. This allow to be flexible as to how much of one tech you want while not being able to just get everything.

Maps in general are way too elevated. By that I mean the terrain change too much. Elevation should come from buildings. On many maps you have floating island which are realllly hard to assault because you need a builder to be there to make ladders (builders are made of papers) otherwise you won't ever get on them. The problem is the same on maps where the area near the water is higher that other areas. It become impossible for a team being assaulted to get to the ballista on higher ground. Imo flatter is better here. Sideway trampolines are right now a fix to that more than anything else.

I don't think the drill should auto cool off in water. this make underwater tunnels way too easy to do.

I think knights should still be allowed to destroy wood slowly. It's still a huge obstacle and when you go deep enough you won't have a builder with you because they die really fast and everyone aim for them first. To balance that maybe make stones avalaible again in the supply drop ?

Mines should kill warriors who run into them with their shield up. Right now it does nothing which make them useless.

You shouldn't be able to remove a saw from a saw trap. Right now if it's not too deep you can do that. Also spikes traps are way less effective but I can't think of a fix to that.

You should be able to drop down from a platform from your own team. Right now these blocks are barely ever used for that reason.

There should be stacks of things in the team's storage. I'm used to, at the start of the game, make 3 war supply factories and have them so that what them make go in the storage. When a knight want to take bombs in the storage he has to click storage, then the 1 bomb stack, 4 times in a row. Maybe don't make the storage auto close after you picked something and add a close X icon like in windows.

Also if you could disable said knight slash when they click on storage. Everytime they click on storage they slash which destroy the ladders that are usually inside of a base.

I think the bomber is an awesome idea and I can't wait to get to use it in a war game. I think it should be buyable at the workbench for a lot of material to compensate for how powerfull it is.

I'm having way more fun in the beta than in classic, so going in the right direction :p.

greyfox, Varion, Kalikst and 3 others like this.
  9. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Old notch climbing was removed for a reason, it was obnoxious, not logical and in favour of making doors at floor which is way better, I was madly tired of climbing towers all the time.

10. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No need for it.

11. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Last I checked /r/kag was dead

delankski likes this.
  12. TheUltraHamster

TheUltraHamster Tree Planter

13. blox863

blox863 Bison Rider

so wouldn't that mean we could start a new one for beta then ?
    </br>--- merged: Jul 11, 2013 10:48 AM ---</br>
    On my side i don't really think that the drop down platform on your own team would really work as it would become too 'op' and it would just lead too it becoming more like gold instead of beta, keep going the way you are going and it will become better than terraria (it allready is lol)

14. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Man I wish MMs us server had a higher playercount

15. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I live on east coast and i get a higher ping on the reg server than on the US server

16. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

Hey fellows!
    My interests and my addiction to this game decayed from build 762 to 813 from 25252525 to maybe :(.
    As I already mentioned in one of the earlier build posts, I more and more miss the freedom that builders had. There were more tactical options, tunnels, baracks, etc. etc. Its just, you cant build an outpost with any infrastructure anymore, and I dont know wich reasons speak against building better outposts.

Therefore:
    I would like to see a build where the Dorm system is connected with the Hall system. Like Halls give a certain amount of Migrants for free like it is now, and for more Migrants you need to build homes(Dorms). If you have built another Home for migrants you can tell the Hall to produce a migrant. A Home grants a livelihood for about 2 migrants.
    To prevent the hotelbuilding pictures from the past, limit the Homes to a cetain amount for example 5. Also migrants shouldnt live and sit, in the Homes anymore, Homes should be like a normal house in "Age of Empires" or "Starcraft". Just a building that serves space for Migrants.

By the way, I know one of the reasons that speak against all of the dormitory stuff is to accelerate the game to get into fighting situations faster. How ever I really enjoyed the arming race. But maybe thats just me...

At the end of the day, you decide how your game should be like. On the one hand a fast moving Soldat game with a lot of games in a short time concentrated on Sieging and fighting all over the place. Or on the other hand a game including a well thought out race of farming stuff, rearming your grounds, and a longer Siege time.

Think about it, greetings.

amgtree likes this.
  17. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Some ideas while playing the ticket modded server, for new features:

*wooden trapbridges -i know that we should also find an efficient substitute for them with the present features-
    *being able to jump downwards from a trapblock or a platform
    *opening and closing doors by pressing a key, Big gates to open from the inside of a castle or a cave -once you sneak into it, you open it and the teams breaks in-
    *dig/construct orders to peasants: in a semitransparent grid on the screen you make a construction or a passage underground, on the terrain itself; the assigned peasant would work on it automatically until we run out of resources or until he finnishes it.
    *traps that have to be activated by the player, but that need a large loadtime -as in Soldat the LAW, the missile launcher-. I was thinking of that automatic spike of Prince of Persia

What I noticed lately -now I'm beginning to see some posibilities of the BETA i hadn't imagined- is that when building, digging or gathering resources I need to go faster since the constructions are bigger -more resources, bigger things, horrible explosions!-. The drill helps it a lot, but it'd be ok to have a help at laying blocks. It would be like rts, you give an order to someone to perform -building barracks, mining, gathering resoources- and then move on. BETA looks like needed of bigger castles or harder defenses. There's a point in which the game becomes a mess, everything has blown up and everybody is running senselessly to the water or to a bunch of holes... The blocks are more expensive, but you get stone or wood faster -I got all of a sudden 2000 wood in a moment-.

When will you show us the rope system?

keep on the hard working!

nkChehov likes this.
  18. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

looking for update for builder(combat system, block placing, blocks rework), knights(100 slash in sec, even for those knights its annoying), economy

19. MM

I agree with the water ammo / demolition research branch. We gotta do something about that. Suggestions are welcome.

20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

ask rayne

Ej likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.