1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG's Rating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Element_Wolfe01, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I live in Australia and if you are unfamiliar with Australia's rating system, its here http://classification.gov.au/
    For my Video games and Machinima subject at school, I wanted to use KAG, but we are only aloud to use G and PG. So I need to know what its rated if it even is.

2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

At least M.

thebonesauce, Guitarman and Conquerer like this.
  3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Indie games aren't usually rated by the ESRB or it's counterparts, and they don't rate Multiplayer interactions.

Realistically the game would probably be rated T (Teen) or M (Mature) for the blood and gore, and sometimes ugly player interactions.

4. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I'd probably say its PG.

5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

what's his face let his 3 year old (?) cousins play and he's a respected member of the community.

rated G for fun

Apronymous likes this.
  6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

7. M for Malicious

8. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Probably rated M.

9. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

I say M not just for things they may incounter in-game, but for understandability and playability reasons. 95% of 12 yo should not be playing KAG imho.

Conquerer and inactive_account like this.
  10. Thanks :D. Really helps.

11. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Ask your teacher on their opinion, kag forum is unreliable ;)

Also, you can remove the chat in a few ways (to remove most player interaction, although you'll still get ":bird:" from everyone).
    One way to do this is open up Base/Scripts/autoconfig.gm (Inside where you have KAG installed) and search for the line that says:
    Edit X to 1000 and nothing will appear in the chat console.

I just realized that you can still see what they're saying, just above their head.. So it'd be great if someone new how to remove that too?

12. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Well, if you're in the server with me. It'll be rated atleast X18-21+

CrystalClear and Guitarman like this.
  13. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

G of course. Kag is fun for the entire family. All of you will loved being called a little faggot-ass nigger by xXx36On0sc0p3hedsh0xl33txXx, while being tea bagged by someone flying through the game with pieces of bedrock appearing randomly all over the place.

14. You says its G, then you proceed to call someone 3 derogatory names when they may in fact be an admin.

15. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

According to the link on OP, PG content:
    I think we both agree that 15 is a reasonable age, and PG allows some level of harsh language, like the built in insults (your mom is a hamster) and mild impact themes (While war is not mild impact, the pixels and the goofy nature of the game make this impact far reduced). We even had 3 yos playing kag (under the supervision of an adult, of course).
    So, answering to the OP: kag probably falls under PG. The online interactions can be raw, which I think it's the reason for most of people rating it as M, but the game itself is really PG. If you bring it to your school, I recommend showing them the beta, so you can disable the gibs and blood.

Lieber, killatron46 and Conquerer like this.
  16. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ah, we've come to another person that can't detect sarcasm. Don't worry. There are multiple people on this forum that can't detect. You aren't alone.

Conquerer likes this.
  17. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I would say PG even though I don't tell my parents "can you come and watch me while I play KAG?'
    I don't even know what the use is of PG, no parents watch their children play anyways.

18. Perfectly legitimately: I'd say, with the current rating system, it'd barely get over the line to M15+. Any online game is not rated, because the content may vary wildly.

19. TheUnknown

TheUnknown Shipwright

The game is not rated yet. And i think the game is rated PG/T for blood,gore,violence.

20. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I reckon that is should be or E+13 or something. I know a game that has swearing and stuff that is E+10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.