1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Subvein

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fructdw, Jun 3, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fructdw

Fructdw Shopkeep Stealer

Subvein - The free top-down online shooter!
    [​IMG]
    http://subvein.net/index.php
    Subvein is a free multiplayer action game. It has over 20 weapons, a strategic skills system, crazy vehicles and countless user-generated maps. It's tactical, fast-paced and most importantly, fun! Download and play Subvein now - it takes mere minutes to setup and best of all it's 100% FREE!

Gameplay video:
    Subvein Accelerated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwr2CxrbXA8
    Subvein Origins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD1ozANfS7Y

2. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Guest

I've tried it before, didn't really like it, not user friendly at all.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Made my computer fucking stuck and slow, dunno if there was a virus, plus it didn't even work. I really didn't like it.

4. iflamberg

iflamberg Shipwright

Are you kidding me? This game is awesome! Just give it a chance. Just watch the trailer on main page. Just wait for an evening when there are more then 3 players. 20 weapons + 20 skills makes this game much more interesting than Soldat.

Doesn't this game user-friendly? Well, does Dota user-frieldy? In Subvein you start lvl10 with 11 skill points, you don't know which skills better suits you, you don't know you can shield with Ctrl key, you don't know you can run with Shift(at cost of high recoil), you don't know how to counter others skills, etc, etc. Also, it's an rpg, where player gain levels, and develop themselves from game to game. Nobody wonders if lvl85 always kills lvl10 in WoW? So, you shouldn't go mad if you're killed by high-leveler in Subvein. Well, at least, in Subvein you have a chance to kill high-leveler.

Really, Ben, the only maintainer and developer, did great job to make this game easier for new-comers. Of course high-levels use lot of skills. But every skill has it's drawback. If I used plasma, then I slowed down for a while. If I attack someone with venom skill than he loses health, but has higher ROF for a while. If I use invisibility, than I do only 25% of damage when I show up. So, practically, there is a very small gap between lvl10 and lvl80. lvl80 just has more variety in tactics.

2Monsteri: Don't know what are you talking about. It runs perfectly even with my netbook(1.6Atom processor). You just might need to update your openGL drivers, as this game doesn't use DirectX.

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Uhm, I got the game but no-one was in the servers. Since it's only multiplayer I stopped playing it.. o.O

6. Vatx

Vatx Ballista Bolt Thrower

This game basically died some time ago... shame, it is a great game.

7. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Tried this once... It was too hard for me xD I didn't like the style.
    --- update on: Nov 17, 2012 ---
    Changing my mind. It is awesome. Hosting an european server!
    --- update on: Nov 27, 2012 ---
    Come all and play it, it has Penguin's seal of approval :3
    </br>--- merged: Nov 27, 2012 4:19 PM ---</br>
    Not true about that, it is in development for few years, that's right, but it wasn't officially released yet!

8. Graver

Graver Haxor

Great game =)

9. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

All feel invited to #subvein on Quakenet. For now we're just trying to gather people there :)

10. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Tried it. Spawnkilling was rampant. I don't like being spawnkilled.

11. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Game provides cool built-in antispawnkill mechanics. Also there are gamemodes where you can't spawnkill (like rounds teammatches).

12. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Yeah, that mechanic is invulnerability unless you move. Except it doesn't work very well when there are 3 enemies just waiting for you to shed that invulnerability.

Mods: BlueLuigi