1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by MechaTrickster, Jan 16, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Me and Radpipe have been playing this... its actually the best PokeMMO ive played. ;)

Radpipe likes this.
  2. Birdman159 and Contrary like this.
  3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I'm pretty new to the competative seen and i need help with my team, so far i have
    1. choice specs Zoroark
    2. Moxiecross
    3. Regenerator Amoongus
    4. Substitute/pain split Chandelure

any suggestions for the last 2 slots or constructive criticism would be appreciated :)

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I'd recommend you get a physical wall, maybe physically defensive Slowbro since he really complements Amoongus and in general is really good since fire and fighting types are so prevalent. I'd also recommend other bulky water types such as Blastoise, Suicune, or Milotic. Each of those will be able to cover Amoongus' ice and fire weaknesses while he covers their grass and electric weaknesses.

Then I recommend either something that can revenge kill or something that can spin away hazards. Kabutops has priority, hazards, can spin, and gives you an answer to rain. He's very hard to use though, and especially with a set that does all the things I listed you will need to predict and bluff incredibly well to make use of him. There's also Hitmontop who I find kinda blah but has priority and Rapid Spin. Spinning or denying hazards should be top priority for you since hazards damage gives away Zoroark and you will need him for busting down walls so Hera can sweep (teams will be well prepared for Hera now).

I'm going to be on IRC a bunch more now that school is over so all y'alls should challenge me for fights.

edit: Physically defensive Arcanine is boss:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-15195963

eamono likes this.
  5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Thanks this is really helpful, last time i used a simmulator i made a team having zero clue about anything, my first/only battle i got destroyed 6-0. I'll be sure to challenge you guys sometimes (and probably lose :D).

6. eamono

eamono Arsonist

as much as i use the moxiecross it does't get me nearly as many KO's as when i send out zoroark disquised as moxiecross, then wait for them to send out a physic XD

oh and FYI contrary weather and entry hazards do not make zoroarks disguise break :P

7. Contrary

They don't literally break the disguise but the enemy can more easily tell it's Zoroark if there are hazards. For example if you've already sent Heracross in once he'll have already taken stealth rocks damage once. Then if you try to send in Zoroark later disguised as Heracross they'll see he hasn't taken damage yet and they'll know its Zoro. Also if you try to send him in as Chandelure they'll see he doesn't take as much Stealth Rocks damage as Chandelure would have.

8. eamono

eamono Arsonist

ahh thnks for clarification

that's why i usually send out zoroark as my regen slowbro/ammongus so they won't think that

9. Contrary

GloriousToast likes this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

i said i was invinsible at the chat @ OU, i rekt all invites and got a gymbadge

11. Contrary

koujiej.PNG

I think I'm going to try to learn to not suck at this stuff. I made lots of mistakes and the match wasn't really that entertaining, but its a start.

12. dat sultry voice

13. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

15. Contrary

Damn Crobat putting in the work.

So I've been working on my commentary more, I've got a couple up on my channel now.

Sigsson likes this.
  16. Today I learned that Pokemon battles could be fun to watch.

17. Contrary, MechaTrickster and Sigsson like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi