1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Desura failed to locate CD key.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Razputin, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Razputin

Razputin Catapult Fodder

Bought this from IGS.
    Activated my key on Desura.
    Comes up with that error message.
    Help?

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

3. Razputin

Razputin Catapult Fodder

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

So what you are saying is that you got the Redeem key, logged into here: http://kag2d.com/en/ and applied your code there?

Also FYI, since your name is gold here, pretty sure it already activated.

5. neuroaktivo

neuroaktivo Catapult Fodder

same is happening to me

6. bj888

bj888 Catapult Fodder

+1, and the kag site say this (when i try reedem Desura key): "That code does not exist" :(

Desura say this: "
    Failed to locate CD key
    Status:The game you have reedemes does not allow you to request additional keys.
    [38.100]

7. Razputin

Razputin Catapult Fodder

Yup, already redeemed it on here, I put the Desura key into Desura, it downloaded it, when I try to play it, it comes up with the message. Pretty sure the Desura keys are broken.

8. Kouji

9. bj888

bj888 Catapult Fodder

Ok, but my name is not gold, cause I cant use my code on Desura or here (so i cant play right now) :(

10. Kouji

Well, you can still play the game, you just won't be able to join gold servers (although the forums only updates once an hour, so you might already be gold without it showing yet). Just download the game from the first link I showed and login. If you see a banner ad saying "you can buy the game right now for... blah blah blah" then your account isn't gold. Otherwise it is.

11. Razputin

Razputin Catapult Fodder

Already done, enjoying it now. Good to hear it's going to be fixed.

12. bj888

bj888 Catapult Fodder

Ty, i download and logged in and i see the promotional banner, and i cant join any gold server..np, im waiting for the solution :)

btw: i cant register here my Desura key, sooo this is the main problem, i think some Desura key broken :)

13. Vankin

Vankin Catapult Fodder

Hello ! I hope I'm not flooding, but I encounter a similar problem. The game key from IGS activated just fine on kag2d, I'm premium now. But I activated the game on Desura, installed it, and when I launch it, I encounter the same error :

Failed to locate CD key
    Status:The game you have reedemes does not allow you to request additional keys.
    [38.100]

I can still play the game, but I'd like to be able to play it trough Desura, as I bought a Desura key. You're saying that the devs are working on it ? I'll wait then

14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Desura keys don't work for now. We're working on it. Be patient.

15. bj888

bj888 Catapult Fodder

Hmm i just wondering..everyone can activate Desure key (on kag2d profile), except me :(

16. gerbercage

gerbercage Catapult Fodder

I also got this problem.
    I bought from indie game stand. Got desura key and cd key.
    I activate desura key then install.
    After that, I launch, I see some server but fail to connect into it cos it say I am Free version rather than full version.
    I can't find a place to put the cd key inside the game.

17. Kouji

18. gerbercage

gerbercage Catapult Fodder

ok thanks, I found it.

19. bj888

bj888 Catapult Fodder

Can u activate manually my key? I cant launch the game on Desura, and cant activate here (cause the site say: That code does not exist")..so..its pretty bad:argh:

20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You should see above the button to request the desura key a button to request the KAG key, fill that in on the site.
    After login in the game that you can download at IGS (KAG Beta) _or_ download from kag2d.com (KAG Classic)