1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Indie Game Stand Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

For the next four days you can pay whatever you want for KAG!
    Please abuse responsibly :)
    IndieGameStand is a different approach to the “Pay What You Want" sale pattern, where instead of a bundle of games, each game featured gets the spotlight to themselves for 4 days.
    KAG is on there at the moment, so if you are strapped for cash or want to get some friends into the game cheaply (or maybe just support development some more and have a look at the art book, you good hearted awesome people … :^) ) check it out - over a hundred new smiling faces have gone gold since it started a few hours ago!
    [​IMG]
    Click here to have a look, beat the average for access to a one-off 189 page art book cataloging the history of the game! The Art Book collates all the art done for development, from the wild pipe dreams to zombies sketches to new design pictures.
    [​IMG]
    Included in all sales is access to the current state of the beta (check the forums) - we’ll be talking more about this very soon and will do a more official and public release asap. We’re very excited about how far it’s come, and will continue working our butts off on making it the best game you’ve ever played!
    Tell your friends, and enjoy!
    Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

AcidSeth, Noburu, Maverick and 12 others like this.
  2. Shadreki

Shadreki ᴋᴀɢ ᴅᴡᴇʟʟᴇʀ Donator

I want that ebook!

Bint likes this.
  3. goalma

goalma Catapult Fodder

Thank you very much for putting the game on Indiegamestand. A question. If I buy now the game when it launches on Steam will have the key ? ;)

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yes goalma, all the premium users will have a steam key if they want when it comes out.

5. Thronewolf

Thronewolf Catapult Fodder

So... what about the rest of us who bought the game year(s) ago? Do we get said artbook?

PinXviiN likes this.
  6. Shoes

Shoes Catapult Fodder

I bought this just last week!!! Not only is it ridiculously cheaper on IGS (~$1!), but you also get an artbook and Desura key!
    What on Earth was the point of me ordering directly from the developers just a week a go? :l

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

The point was to support developers which you did and we are really grateful for that.

8. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Shut-up-and-take-my-money-590x368.jpeg

amgtree, cschm49, Geti and 1 other person like this.
  9. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Art book? :O I'm definitely buying this xD

I have two questions about this that I'm not too sure about, if you could enlighten me: is the art book a physical thing; and can this Desura key simply be activated on the website just like a normal key would, for people who don't have/don't want to use Desura?

Thanks!

10. Shoes

Shoes Catapult Fodder

It's a two-way street though. You earn support through your deeds and actions. It should never be taken for granted.
    e.g. If I'm made to feel my support is irrelevant, why would I continue to support your products in the future?
    As a consumer I need to feel that all THD customers are being valued equally.
    So which you rather be?
    Customer X who pays $10 and gets 1 copy of KAG or
    Customer Y who pays $10 and gets 10 copies of KAG, exclusive artbook and Desura keys.

I'm a new member here, I've not even got round to installing KAG yet so I don't know how you guys operate. This is my first taste of THD.

But thankfully I've just received a very informative email from Max/Geti which helps alleviate some of my concerns.

11. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

bought another key, might do a giveaway to support the KAG team :)

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This seems like a great chance for people looking to do giveaways to pick up a few keys.

Cool stuff getting on IGS too.

link6155 likes this.
  13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Art book is not a physical thing (sorry) just a huge lovely pdf, you get a normal key and can optionally redeem a desura one (we're working with them to make this work properly at the moment).
    Thanks for the support!

We're going to be providing access to the art book later on for people who've already got the game - its no fun if its not at least a little exclusive.

I've already sorted out shoes' concerns via email, hopefully there aren't too many others feeling like we're shafting people, that's just the way sales work!

For those wanting earlier access to the ebook, consider buying to support us and gifting the key to a buddy :^) KAG's even more fun with friends!

14. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

Thats what I did, 2 keys, one gifted, one saved for later. :D Now go make update :P

15. alex4864

alex4864 Shopkeep Stealer

To be honest, I'm a bit insulted by this. I was among the first 500 to buy the game, supporting from the beginning. Now you're forking the game over for a fraction of what I paid, and adding insult to injury these bandwagoners get access to the art book before the original supporters do, because they're somehow "exclusive" for shucking out pennies for your game. Anyways, good work on KAG, I think the full version looks like barrels of fun. Thanks for making a great game!

16. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

I was amongst the first 100 to buy. I feel insulted that the only thing I got in return were 2 years of fun. It's outrageous.

AnRK likes this.
  17. reading2stronk

18. alex4864

alex4864 Shopkeep Stealer

I know I still get access to it, but I don't understand why someone who bought the game years after me, for a fraction of the price, gets it first.

19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

ho2make a story of kag + art in 2011
    i think there is a reason they made the book in 2013

norill likes this.
  20. Bint

Bint Haxor

If it's so cheap and you want to support the team just buy it again, then you can get a better username with a new premium account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.