1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is old beta dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 26doller, Jul 29, 2013.

1. 26doller

26doller Base Burner

I personally don't exactly really highly enjoy the halls all that much, but I played the old version of beta for hours on end. Is there any chance of the old beta maybe being a different gamemode?[​IMG]

giggiggiggiggig and amgtree like this.
  2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

All of the stuff for "old beta" is still there in the files. You could make a mod.

Digger101 likes this.
  3. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

I'm not sure, but it may be turned into a CTF mode. (With the latest updates of corse.)
    --
    The thing about 'the old beta' was that there was a stand-still on almost every map, this made it not fun. People spamed turrents and just camping in their base, building fortifications, thy making it barely impossible to break through and win.

Halls on the other hand give limits on factorys, so you realy have to think about what your team needs, and what will win you the game.
    --

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I
    It wasn't like that at all. You would move up build a wall/tower, make a tunnle, make a storage, and some factories and bam you got you team there helping allowing you to push up. Most of the problems were problem because of no red zone and small player count. The migrant hotels could have been put to a end or a somewhat different balance, but with a different mechanic than halls. What I'm hoping is since the rename of tth we will have room for old war or something of that nature.

The halls on some maps that would of worked before have actually made it very difficult to capture, because you have less tools to move up with. Another problem with halls is one guy can just ninja his way into a base usually by some freak teleport or explosion and just seal them self in and bam 10 minutes later the hall is on the enemy team. You just can't put that much power in one persons hands. Teams might be terrible, but this is a team game and you should have to work as a team, not get lucky. But in the end this is not my game and I'm just giving constructive criticism that doesn't matter.

5. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

I think that the latest update made that much less of a factor actually. The fact that you can't carry a keg in your inventory, that you can't blow up wooden doors with 1 bomb and that it takes much longer to capture a hall.

I know I have a much harder time to ninja halls at least. I used to use the old keg in inventory thing and that made big holes.