1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lord's GUI Re-Edit!

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Lord_Gerth, Oct 11, 2011.

?

Is this an improvement?

1. Yes!

52.6%
  2. It's ok..

21.1%
  3. Nope I hate it.

26.3%
  1. Lord_Gerth

Lord_Gerth Shipwright

Lord Gerths GUI Re-Edit
    First Time At Pixel Art
    Please View The Video To See Cursor's
    • New cursors for the knight, archer and brief change to the 'Point and click cursor' (view video)
    • HUD Re-Edit, New Colour Scheme and new Health Bar
    • Potions now drop on the ground instead of HP hearts,
    • Potion Icons replace the 3 hearts on the 'hover' display on players
    • Chat box, Builders Block Selection and General Buttons have been colour changed to suit the new style of GUI (couldn't see an option to change the text background unfortunetly, which breaks the overall effect with the pale yellow)
    • Catapult Progress bar re-done
    The video below highlights the most visible sections of the edit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLtQL4jmaCA
    [​IMG]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?wc3y3klzxec0n27

If you can let me know what you guys think, this is my first time at pixel art as stated above :)
    Installation:
    1. Download the zip, and un-pack it
    2. Go to c:/KAG (or custom path)
    3. Copy the downloaded files into the kag Base/GUI and Base/Sprites folders
    4. Allow the copy and replace when asked to do so, load up the game as normal!

Erasold likes this.
  2. Wolven

Wolven Shipwright

Need pics, not many people will load the video.

3. Sh0dai

Sh0dai Shipwright

Pls give link for sound. In video, if progress bar miaxumim - sound.

4. Lord_Gerth

Lord_Gerth Shipwright

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

This isn't really an improvement the 'Hearts' are clumsy looking and the knight cursor above the head was shunned when the devs released it like that, the Archer cursor is less precise and is quite difficult to fire a fully charge shot due to not technically being able to see the charge.

The GUI is better looking but not a neccessary change, I'll take it for a test drive when I'm home and I'll edit my final verdict in then.

6. Erasold

Erasold Shipwright

Great job Lord, this texture pack is pretty nice!

7. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

This doesn't really improve anything, aesthetics if anything are being improved here and I don't like them personally. I have my own cursors which just work much better functionally as well. If you could make the speech box transparent or something for functionality it would be cool.

8. Lord_Gerth

Lord_Gerth Shipwright

Yes mostly visual, it is most definately a personal opinion on things.. but..I like that idea! I'll see how it works with the chat box, could you provide some imput on the fighters cursor? I'll have a play with a totally new style of archer cursor, dont forget this is my first time at pixel art!

Really appreciate the input everyone! Please by all means keep it coming !

Pictures will be coming once I've finished the final thing.

I think I will remove the potions, for me once I put them in there wasn't really appealing to me after playing a few games.
    Should be done by Sunday.

Edit: Heres a quick screenshot of an invisable chat background Want it? Downlaod this image to the base/GUI folder here
    [​IMG]

9. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Is the chat box itself not editable? I meant make the whole thing transparent if that's possible. As for the cursors I'm using some edited ones from an earlier build. They aren't actually that good except I saved them before the update and thought they were at least better than the updated ones. You should make your own I think, just make sure the player knows for sure when it's at each stage of the charge. Maybe make it especially unique for when it's fully charged with differing colors or some such thing.

10. Lord_Gerth

Lord_Gerth Shipwright

As far as im aware, the tan coloured section isn't actually editable, which is bizarre, I think im gunna have a play with completely different cursors, make 4 for archer and 4 for knight and see how they do. Well thing is, I did make my own >.< They were just an idea I had, I didnt see the cursors you are talking about from the earlier release, just went off an idea in my head, ironic if they are similar!
    EDIT: Thos saying that.. the new build is out soon, might see what I can dow ith that once it's released!