1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Harmless trash talking/joking ingame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DNightingale, Oct 6, 2011.

1. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Mission accomplished archont! XD

2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeh its just naggers no racism at all! *forces smile*

3. Traveller

Traveller Shipwright

"It's time to slam jam!"
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest."
    And, if there's a good line to shout while falling to your death from skybridge/catapulting into the unknown, it is "CHAOS DUUUUUNK".
    It's even better when you manage to fall on someone.

4. Erasold

Erasold Shipwright

My opinion on trash talking and even vulgar language is that it should be allowed, and in some cases encouraged.
    But there is a big difference between cursing in general, and cursing at someone. That I believe should not be tolerated at all.

As for trash talking I don't think there is anything wrong with raging at someone for pwning you(:
    As long as you don't cross a line and seriously hurt an individuals feelings.

5. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

I propose we should either be allowed to say BOTH 'nigger' and 'cracker', or NEITHER.

Because, black people call each other 'nigger', it's not even always derogatory. However, I've never heard white people call each other 'cracker', and is almost always used as an derogatory term by black people. And guess which one we are allowed to say on the radio...

But yeah, no flaming. I'm okay with casual swearing and stuff, as long as you don't direct it to someone in a derogatory manner, I guess.

6. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I tend to greet everyone by calling them peasants, and I tend to taunt enemies as a knight by using the down key (or if I'm a builder I'll awkwardly bounce on their head a few times).

7. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

As long as it's kept out of extremes, trash talking is capable of much more good than it is harm. It's enlivening to see friend and foe alike gloat over their victories; most oft, in my experience, through the employ of smug smiling and teabagging. Tactful use can make stalemated maps pockmarked with craters fun again. The problem arises when, regardless of actual intent, people start interpreting things as personal attacks and get all uppity and offended. Thankfully, that's not a thing I've observed entirely too much! I suppose I only have the community to thank for not being horribly rude and childish.

8. lehoon

lehoon King

I trash talk all the way until we lose, then point fingers at my teammates and friends, just for dramatic effect. Its all in good fun, but then people start telling me to calm down. That's where the fun begins.

9. LightzZ

LightzZ Shipwright

for this motive i only talk with my team and don't say shit '-'
    but when anyone does any basic thing wrong...

10. Erasold

Erasold Shipwright

That's when things start to get serious? ^.^

11. LightzZ

LightzZ Shipwright

yeah i hate when my team start doying shit because the team down with her -''