1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by MechaTrickster, Jan 16, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

2. mad cuz bad

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

true cuz huehue

4. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Note: I play with random teams, cuz I dunno how to build a good team. :s

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

6. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Can't we have a battle with random teams? :f

7. Mazey

random battle worst, even LC is better..

8. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I liek random battle. It's the hardest mode, cuz u don't know what would you get.

9. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Would the tournament be in the UU format? Or the UU suspecte text format?

10. i guess UU since suspect test doesnt affect people out of top200

11. bout

bout Shark Slayer

12. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Are you ready?
    Are you ready for all these new battle forms? Look at Ampharos, look how ready it is to wreck your shit.

Attached Files:

13. are you still waiting for X and Y, Kouji?

14. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Something like 'Reborn' in Dragon Ball? D:

15. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

http://www.serebii.net/xy/megaevolutions.shtml
    DI-DI-DI-DIGIMON DIGIMON
    Actually I think its pretty cool, Mawile and Absol getting the evolutions they deserve and Ampharos just being cool
    Also late mention of Sky Battles and Horde Battles, enjoy trying to catch a running Pokemon when its in a group or fighting Gen 6's Zubat equivalent eight times in one sitting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jJZpOpCRM

Ej likes this.
  16. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I would be down for a tournament but I only play OU so I guess I'm out

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

OMG Mecha Huge Power Mawile damnnnnnn. Magic Bounce Absol will be amazing also. The designs are not too appealing to me though, except MegaMewtwo which I always thought looked cool before we knew what it was.

Also, watching all your guys' replays gives me a heart attack. I am making a team building guide tomorrow.

edit: Adamant Mawile reaches almost hits 600 attack with Huge Power which is more than any other Pokemon in the game. However considering the low base power of his best STAB (Iron Head) he hits weaker than Darmanitan's Flare Blitz. Mawile will be even easier to handle because of its low speed and bulk as well as the crappy offensive typing of Steel, though iirc he is receiving a secondary Fairy typing which means possible access to better STAB as well as a niche in sponging Draco Meteors. He does get Sucker Punch though, so especially with a Swords Dance up Mawile could be a huge threat.

18. My team limps along just fine :P

19. people on smogon pointing out that the mega-evolutions look similar to already existing legendaries. also they last only during battles

theres hope they might activate only when battling against a certain legendary/with the legendary on battlefield/in your party/etc.

dont get me wrong i really like that mawile, absol and some other dudes got some spotlight finally but those things look fucking horrible

edit: holy shit, digivolutions are confirmed for receiving stat boosts. u wot m8
    edit2: trailer
    http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/videos/
    </br>--- merged: Aug 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM ---</br>
    Pokemon UU circlejerk announces new tournament for all KAGers!

Rules:
    -we play UU standard format (Froslass allowed)

-number of teams a player can have is limited:
    -Round 1 you can use 2 teams
    -every next round you are allowed to use 1 more team (2 original teams+1 new in Round 2, 3 previous teams+1 in Round 3; etc.)
    -the teams cannot be suspected to ANY change during the course of the tournament, if you play a tournament game with a modified team, you will be disqualified
    -This is to prevent making direct counter teams and to prevent having completely scouted teams in later stages of the tournament
    -the tournament format is Double Elimination bracket, in both the Upper and Lower Bracket we play bo3
    -in the finals the player coming from the Losers' Bracket has to win a bo3 and a bo5. The player from the Winners' Bracket has only to win a bo3. [that is a subject to change yet]

-no slots limit, in case of some players receiving upper slots, we will shuffle the bracket so it's random who gets the advantage

-players will be given time to play their matches and submit replays, there will be also fixed match date when they have to play if they
    can't schedule a game themselves. In case neither of them can meet the deadline, both will be disqualified

-the entire tournament will be judged and casted from replays by Contrary. He will also make sure that teams don't get changed (possible need of providing complete builds to him).

-you need an account on these very forums to play

The entire thing is purely for fun and epen measuring so if you think it's rigged, nobody forces you to play.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Qz6f52hOzD

Contrary, Kouji and Kalikst like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi