1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG I play with low fps! And is strange!.

Discussion in 'Help' started by Retric, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Retric

Retric Shopkeep Stealer

Hello everyone, the other day I was trying to play and what found me strange is that upon entering the Kag Beta my fps was slow, slow interface, the game, the mouse in the same interface, everything is something strange that pass me that (I have a normal PC). Then, I tried entering the Kag Classic and equal. Since I installed Windows 8 me going on this (and is the only game that happend, I could play back MW1).

Hope they can help me, thank you.

PC:

MS Windows 8 Pro 32-bits
    AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor
    4,0 GB RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD serie 4200
    </br>--- merged: Aug 2, 2013 3:13 PM ---</br>
    Please, anyone can help me? :QQ:

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png

If you aren't running in compatibility mode, then your computer might not simply be able to run it it and you'll have to wait for more optimization.

Drusse likes this.
  3. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

That's strange, I have Windows 8 and I don't have this problem, though I have the 64 bit version. Is this still a threat to me?

4. Tylda

Tylda Shopkeep Stealer

Drivers? Cause it looks like, or Copper40 has just stronger PC

5. Vogie

Vogie A Madman and a Scholar Donator

I've been running into this same problem. I updated my drivers, had compatibility mode off and restarted my computer and it still does it. On top of that my ping launches into the 300s for every server and when i try to close KAG it crashes.

6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

What about single player? Do you have performance issues, when playing Challenge or Sandbox?

7. Vogie

I get the FPS drop in both single player modes and even in the menu. i should also mention i tried changing resolutions and running it with faster graphics and none of it did anything.

8. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Can you post your hardware details? Including your Operating System?

9. Vogie

PC:

Windows 7 home premium (64-bit)
    Intel core 2 duo CPU 2.8GHz
    4 GB RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Sometimes Fraps is bugging for me and uses 70% of the CPU usage so it is unplayable.
    Does a process uses a lot of CPU?

11. Tylda

Tylda Shopkeep Stealer

gj man, he is not recording, he is playing without fraps

12. you probably want to post how much CPU usage Beta causes, it might say if it's a problem with compatibility or simply with your computers

also W8 is shit for games in general, what helped me was constantly turning off/on compatibility mode until it worked.

13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Actually there is and has always been a random issue with KAG, perhaps related to Irrlicht as it's not fixed in Beta either: Your fps for no apparent reason will go down to 3-6, even in menu, updating drivers and so on won't fix (it in my experience at least). Dunno if that's the case here, but it could be.

14. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

This happened to me with KAG before on windows 8. Turned out the driver update for my video driver was the problem. Check to see if you have the latest video driver and if you do have the latest version, try to roll it back to a previous version and see if that works.

15. Vogie

Just tried this and it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion!

Not sure how to check how much CPU Beta uses, is it just the memory usage listed next to the process on the task manager? if so it said about 60,000K.

Thanks to everyone who is helping me try to figure this out! I am extremely grateful!

16. Tylda

Tylda Shopkeep Stealer

60 000 k isn't much.

did you tried this ?
    And try this.
    While in game you can increase priority of kag
    Ctrl+Shift+Esc
    and find process called "kag.exe" right clikc and you can change priority, increase one or 2 levels
    also can you uncheck save priority?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Vogie

Didn't have compatibility mode on to begin with but tried with it both on and off. Neither did anything.

Set priority to high and it still has problems. Don't even have a save priority option.

I also just noticed that a little bit after I run KAG the audio abruptly cuts out so I tried updating/rolling-back/re-updating the sound drivers and that did nothing. I was also wondering, is there a crash dump? I looked but I didn't find anything readable.

And I'd like to mention that I DID manage to run KAG and play it with no problem shortly after the beta came out. After one of the updates, either the first or the second one, it started doing this. Thanks to everyone for the help!

18. kaizokuroof

You can always post your console logs, they're dumped into Base/Logs/console-dd-mm-yy-tt (or something of the likes) we can go over it and see if there is any problems, but at this stage it might just be incompatible hardware... =(

19. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Having the same problem on windows 8. Did everything but still none ;-;

20. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I don't have this problem on W7 but I have it on Linux ( Fedora 19 64-bit ).
    So it's maybe an issue in the c++ code.
    MM or Geti should read this, because it's really strange.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.