1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Sales for all!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Wonkyth, Nov 14, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Chillander

Chillander Shipwright

I didnt know that HumbleBundle had start doing weekly games, they are "pay-what-you-want"
    as everything else on their site. And this week it's Alan Wake, originally developed for the
    360 by Remedy games. Bought it yesterday and I was like "This will probably be a bad PC port",
    but man was I wrong, it's a terrific port and the games itself is so far totally great.

I would describe it as a thriller/drama game, and kinda scary too, packed in third person
    perspective goodiness. Tbh I don't play a lot of new AAA games, but this one has got me
    hooked. Check it out!

While talkin indie sites/games, I would just like to recommend a action platformer that's feels
    kinda "oldschool", I bought it a while back, didn't make it all the way through think I lost at the
    last level a couple of times.

http://indievania.com/games/climb-top-castle

Cheers!

2. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

Actually the Alan Wake one just ended the new one is le supher much better and I'll have to try that fancy fancy game if only because I haven't been to indievania in so long.

the Humble Weekly Better Than Alan Wake Weekly Bundle Bundle :P
    6 days left
    Back to the Future: The Game
    Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse
    Poker Night at the Inventory
    Hector: Badge of Carnage!
    Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
    Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures

BTA currently $3.90
    The Walking Dead: All of it All Five Episodes! All of them!

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  3. Chillander

Chillander Shipwright

Wow, I just checked the site before I wrote that and I can swear Alan wake was there,
    maybe just some old cookie/browser save.

Anyways, I never really heard of any game besides The Walking Dead and Sam & Max.
    I played a few minutes of the first episode of The Walking Dead (TWD) and it was great,
    but I never actually bought it. Don't know why, cause I don't think it was expensive, but
    now there really is no excuse anymore. When school is over, I won't leave the house
    until the baddies and darkness of Alan Wake is brought to light and the zombies plaguing
    the lovely inhabitants of, eh, "the-zombie-invaded-city-which-is-probably-New-York" has
    been taken care of!

Oh, and if you try the fancy fancy game, tell me what you think of it!

*edit*

Regarding The Humble Bundle 8, Hotline Miami and Thomas was alone seems awsome, I own
    both but still haven't tried em yet. Damn you KAG...damn.. you.. kag...

4. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

Do you have a head? Do you prefer hammers to anvils? Are you more sexually attracted to hammerheads than lemon sharks?
    Are lemon sharks a kind of shark or am I confusing myself?
    If you answered any of these questions you probably take me too seriously if not than the Indie Royale the Hammerhead Bundle is the bundle from Indie Royale for you so buy it for me at indieroyale.com.

$4-5ish
    Primordia
    Pressure [Platform racing AND shooting games?! This game is crazy! Must have been a lot of pressure to pull off that combo.]
    Forge [Steam fancies technically they called this game an FPS lol]
    Richard and Alice
    Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage
    [I get so excited inside by bundled racers cause who knows why they aren't even my favorite game genre.]
    Plus ? The game? This game? will def have absolutely nothing to do with sharks of the hammer verity.

This will be the first Indie Royale I buy in a bunch of months! ! I'm excited to bundle royally again. I feel so British and hungry.
    Also: $8
    MY OK BBS's chiptune album: It's Not Great [Is the album name I assume it is in fact great and smexy.]

5. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

6. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

If you guys haven't seen it yet, check out the newest Humble Bundle! There's some great games available on it:
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

VanHuek likes this.
  7. Bint

Bint Haxor

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Fwiw, GOG is having a sale today. Here's a link to the the page. Sale ends June 22nd at 12:59am GMT.
    Just a few of the games on sale:
    Hotline Miami: $3.33
    The Witcher 2: $5.99
    Fez: $4.99
    Faster than Light: $2.49
    Tales of Monkey Island: $5.24

They have bundles on sale too:
    Might and Magic Megapack (Might and Magic 1-9 + Crusaders of Might and Magic): $8.45
    Library of the Myst (Myst + Real Myst + Riven + Uru + Myst 5): $9.45
    Indie Puzzle Box (Unmechanical + Incredipede + Spacechem + Shatter Haven + Puddle +The Ball): $14.94

There's quite a few more than that, but I'm too lazy to type them all.

lavalord and Noburu like this.
  10. Bint

Bint Haxor

TheWids likes this.
  11. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Wonkyth likes this.
  12. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

13. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Noonan likes this.
  14. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Actually there is one. You have to install and use fukken Origin to play Battlefield 3 and Sims 3. This is EA's platform huge promotion.

Also by default you support charity for gay rights if that bothers you :)
    Last paragraph: http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2013/08/ea-americas-worst-company-raises-over-2.html

eamono likes this.
  15. eamono

eamono Arsonist

forgot about that, and another downside is that it's taking forever to register the game keys right now,

16. WarrFork

Promotion or not, EA don't receive any money from that, it's only for humble and charity, it's incredible + 5/8 are on Steam, it isn't that much a problem, stop that hating. :fcp:

eamono likes this.
  17. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I'm just amazed that a company so well-known for being money-whores are releasing some of their most popular game on humble bundle. All of those games (except maybe mirrors edge and the sims) are worth the purchase

18. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Short Term gain for PR. Learn to Company Management. It's all good that Humble Bundle is giving money to charities and that they are rasing quite a bit this way for them. That said though I do think that should be focusing on indies a bit more rather than AAA games that are old since it was one of the ways indies got noticed that weren't really noticed before.

Contrary, Ej and Noburu like this.
  19. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I realize that they aren't doing this because they want to help out with charity, but it's still a great deal none the less

20. WarrFork

Who cares what's their goal? It still help charity.

Mods: BlueLuigi