1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gamemode innovation contest

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Downburst, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

KAG needs more input from players instead of just from the devs. There are so many possibilities to make awesome gamemodes with scripts and 100rds of variables that can be changed.

I would like to stimulate the innovation by creating this contest.

Rules
    • KAG full version
    • Create an innovative server, so not just some new maps and a different spawntime
    • Mod for a max 60 slot server (that I will host)
    • Has to be released open-source
    • Doesn't involve any kind of money making possibilities
    • Preferably not reliable on tcpr
    • You deliver the mod, I will host, for free
    Contest
    • Make a post in this topic advertising your server before 24-8, this post must include a zip of your total mod
    • A vote will follow till the 31st. I will host the best 4 mods the next 3 weeks. Modifications to the mods are allowed once, at the end of the first week.
    • Final vote together with a jury will decide what the best mod is.
    Prize

I will host your server for quite some time, at least some months. You will be admin and stuff.

2. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

3. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Mazey better get over here.
    Uggu~~~

butterscotch, miniu, Atheon and 2 others like this.
  4. Boea

Boea Such Beta

For the Tower Crush, maybe having the tower being filled with special health entities could be used, if they are destroyed, then it ticks down until all the health entities are destroyed, and it is considered crushed.

xChapx and Duke_Jordan like this.
  5. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Where will server be hosted?

6. Downburst

France

7. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Well, what about a proper War mode? Where it involves building your own base, making defenses to it and more freedom when it comes to number of factories and maybe get dorms back with the population?
    Right now I made it that you can build the war base, with costs of 3 different resources, you can change the cost.
    [​IMG]
    I have also made it possible to build dorms as well but migrants don't spawn so I am waiting for a feedback at the mod help section. Made it 30 wood just for testing, multiple resources and bigger costs can be made.
    [​IMG]
    Well right now I can include buildable war base, nursery without grain seeds, because I am not sure how to drop grain from grain plants when destroyed. So this can be used on any map TTH or without halls.

Edit: Added Cattle Farm and some old buildings, hosting to see what people think, and will try to bring migrants back that come from the dorms and drop grain from the grain plant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Good news! With the help of Norill, farming is back! Grain is dropped from grain plant on death.

8. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I tried to connect but it didn't work, now the servers down :QQ:

9. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Are you talking about mine? Well I went to sleep at that time lol.
    So to make an update.
    What is included
    Farming is back
    -Seed Nursery: Pine Seed,Oak Seed, Grain Seed, Flower Seed 500 wood, 250 stone, 50 gold
    -Cattle Farm: Shark,Bison,Fishy 500 wood, 250 stone, 50 gold
    Some old Buildings:
    -Barracks 150 wood, 250 stone
    -Dorm 250 wood, 50 stone
    -Kitchen 200 wood
    -Fireplace 50 wood
    -Warbase 350 g, 1000 stone, 500 wood
    Warbase haves a spawn and dorm haves a spawn + heal, what does this mean? This means you can finally go out of the hall and make an entire base at another location, with spawn point, barracks, kitchen for heal, and cattle farm to use the animals in a defensive manner, tunnel can be packed from the war base.

Minor bug with the war base you need to be left from the hammer icon that is on the workbench so you can get things from there and also when you buy factory or tunnel from the war base they will go up when they are unpacked I will check that as well.

And for the future, I am trying to bring migrants back, and see what happens on a maps without a hall, like a War mode.

I think to include some more buildings like mobile storage and so on, and then I will upload the stuff here.
    The server is called TTH Modded

Edit: I will make the dorm with much higher price so it is not spammed, because it acts as a universal spawn point and it heals, so kitchen becomes absolute if there are many dorms.
    -Dorm 500 wood, 250 stone, 25 gold

I am also thinking to make the stone mining yield 2x stone, wood doesn't need any improvements because its unlimited and the gold, not sure yet, I don't want more than 2 war bases at the same time.
    I am doing this because you need a lot of stone just to build the buildings and there is no stone left to cover your base and to make big forts as well.
    Edit: I made the stone x2 and gold x1.5 because a lot of other buildings need gold as well.

Ah Downburst, should I make another topic if I want to post these kind of improvements or here is fine?

10. Downburst

Yea I think it's better to open another topic so you can easily receive feedback from others without spamming this topic.

It's good to see that at least some people are modding :)
    You have 5 days left to post your submissions..

Froghead48 and Tsilliev like this.
  11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Is there any tutorial on how to make a mod for dummies? I have no idea of programming and got some ideas for a mod...

12. Downburst

13. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Well, that not a new gamemode, just a Mod_Compilation to make your server moded ;)

Tsilliev likes this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

And here is TTH Builder Improved Download
    Unrar the rar at base.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 23, 2013 ---
    Unfortunately others must download materials.zip and unrar it inside the base folder if they do not want to crash when they throw and try to pick up the coins, or they can skip downloading but they must not pick up any coins on the ground with C.
    Anyway,so the mod is all about giving the builder more options.
    So what do we have?
    -Coins
    -Nursery
    -Buyable bison and shark
    -Buildable Barracks
    -Buildable Tunnel
    -Buildable Storage
    -Dorm
    -War Base
    and other stuff as well :D
    What is the point of all of this?
    The point is, the builder to be able to build a base outside the hall, with barrack,dorm as a spawn point,tunnel,storage and nursery to grow trees around the base, mining resources are increased as well because building a base from nothing takes a lot of resources.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2013 ---
    I am also learning the code so we can use the coins like in tdm so you don't have to download.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2013 ---
    Just tested it, people can join without downloading, they will just see coins as an empty box or invisible if they are on the ground, otherwise it is okay.
    But! If you throw the coins and try to pick them up without downloading the materials folder you will crash.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Good job, Tsilliev; I like the idea of a hybrid between CTH & some of the more fluid elements from Aplha's CTF. :)

[Also, plox just use edit unless it's a major update-- e.g. "I am also learning the code so we can use the coins like in tdm so you don't have to download" could have been an edit.]

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  17. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I like it Tsilliev I tried this is Sandbox and it was cool, something I noticed is when you build a building it indents into the terrain making a hole with it, would it be possible to fix this at all? Also very Nice adding things back, like coins. Maybe you can get the migrants back?

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  18. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Which building makes a hole in the ground? And about the migrants waiting for the devs to include them in the trader because they disabled them from working in a factory and their life span is a few seconds, when they fix that in the next build we will have migrants as well :D
    About the building in the hole again if its the War Base I need to change its b.size.Set( 40,24 );, at the builderinventory.as, I guess I forgot to extend the size of the War Base I will reupload later, if it is another building, I need to play with the size a little and it will be fixed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2013 ---
    I agree, I will work more onto that. And what about the workbench like the catapult,ballista,warboat etc to be able to be bought with coins?

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  19. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Let's take discussion to another thread as requested. Tsilliev, I've replied to you here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/tsillievs-war-mode.15777/

Tsilliev likes this.
  20. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What's the status on this contest?

inactive_account likes this.