1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Offline LAN Play

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TruthBerry, Aug 2, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. TruthBerry

TruthBerry Catapult Fodder

I'm going to be hosting a LAN party and was hoping to add KAG to the game list, but it would be impossible to play because we wont have access to the Internet. Is there a plan to add an offline LAN feature to later builds?

2. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I would love to see this feature too.

3. Diago

Diago Builder Stabber

I'd like to add my support for this idea. Since KAG is both such a social game and physics intensive, offline LAN play would be a great option between friends.

4. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It should be added.

5. Krux

Krux Shipwright

I just want to say that this would be awesome

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

There might be a way to do this already, but even if there is, it's way too inaccessible for normal players. I'd love having some sort of a proper LAN game setup menu.

7. i dont understand your problem. you just host a server and other players click Multiplayer -> Connect to... how could it be any simpler?

8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Not to mention you need to fiddle around with game files and such and know a lot of stuff to be e.g. just able to play the gamemode you want.

9. Fillmore

Fillmore Catapult Fodder

This would be brilliant, especially since I'm always in the same position as the original poster. I rarely have access to a network when having a LAN party and cannot set up a server for us to connect to.

10. ffsff

ffsff Haxor

If this was implemented then I would be overjoyed. I have wanted to just run a solo world and have my bro connect to it with just the click of a button, not a huge infinite step way to set up one.

And also, along these lines I think that adding an easier way to run a solo world and be able to have the game automatically start hosting it when you command it to would be awesome.

Also, I usually use Hamatchi for quick out of the way mini servers for almost every game. and I have not been let down on easily doing it on every PC game I have played until now. So ya... cannot wait for this to happen :yes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm ffsff, and I approve this message!

Mods: Rainbows