1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mismatching Versions? [Solved]

Discussion in 'General Help' started by PlayaPlay, Aug 21, 2013.

1. PlayaPlay

PlayaPlay Catapult Fodder

I just got KAG after watching my room mate play it all week, and was attempting to join him but it seems our versions are incompatible. He's running 0.91a and I have 0.9b. Who's version is out of date and what do we need to do to get them working together?

Thanks for any help,
    -Playa

2. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

The latest version is: build: 590 version: 0.91A
    You'll have to uninstall the game, delete the remaining folder, then install KAG again.
    Deleting the folder is an important step.

PlayaPlay likes this.
  3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Lel Master, you can't into reading and comprehension of the core problem.

PlayaPlay: Problem lies here: You probably have your game looks like this:
    Beta.png
    While your friend has this:
    Alpha.png
    Problem is you are using Beta build and your friend is using Classic/Alpha build. Go to the kag2d.com/en/download and find the "Classic Download" Button. It's at the bottom. I'm guessing you'd both want to play classic since it comes with free multiplayer and you don't seem to be gold. However, if you guys are both gold, then your friend can download the beta and play with you on that client (Those would be one of the links that doesn't say Classic Download). But yeah, if you are going to swap client between clients, you may have issues if you don't uninstall it or change the default location of where it sets up.

amgtree likes this.
  4. PlayaPlay

PlayaPlay Catapult Fodder

Awesome, Thanks Kouji! Downloading classic now :D