1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In-game moderators (AKA Royal Guard) [Updated June 3rd, 2014]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Congrats to the new guards

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I'm sorry the invisible HA member Thorn gets KAG Guard? *Headscratch*

3. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

I don't even know half of those guys. Congrats anyways =D
    I also don't think much will change, the only one of the 3rd batch I've ever seen in-game was Paul_the_Peasant.

*rage*

Edit: Just saw something...Well, interesting. Explain something to me, why do you pick people that behave completely invisible? No forum account(well, some), never in-game. Some not even show a life-sign.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Trelawney paul the peasant and spitfirexero are very active.

The others are trustworthy too and even though they are not as active they are considered people who would never abuse mod powers.

5. MrKaputtnik

Thorn made a forum account a few hours ago. Very active, indeed.

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

We are trying to get everyone who can be trusted with it to be a guard. If the person isn't on much it does no harm, there is no limit to how many guards the admins can appoint at any time.

I'm quite surprised people are so upset, not too long ago everyone was complaining about a lack of guards- and here it is, as many new people as could possibly be trusted.

Would you prefer there were fewer guards?

7. Neat

I'm as surprised as you are Contrary. Doesn't seem like we can do anything right to be honest.

8. MrKaputtnik

I didn't say I want fewer guards, I said I want useful guards. Yes, there it does no harm if the person isn't on. If the person if doing absolutely nothing, no harm here.
    Stop here and read the sentence again. Now tell me, what is the sense in that?

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

There isn't any sense Kap considering you made a spelling mistake :)

10. MrKaputtnik

Really? Correct it, then, please :3
    I hope you know what I meant.

11. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

I'd imagine Forum Active Players that have been here for months would be top priority for being chosen as KAG guards. Hell, Mr.Kap and Valkyrie would have been on my list, but all these people that were chosen, i dont even know except through playing with them once on a random server. Also have a feeling that these are the premium members that have been chosen.

12. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

We didn't take anyone premiums' status, nor clan membership, into consideration while selecting the new guards. We simply felt that they would make good additions to the guards.

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Me KAG Guard with my attitude? People would want me dead before my first day's done :p

Edit: Also Kap you put 'If' twice in one sentence.

14. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Please consider that the people chosen have to be agreed upon by a majority (of Guards). Perhaps to you it may seem sketchy, but everyone here is levelheaded and can make good, rational decisions.

15. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Alright then, just please get more guards, best to have enough guards to where at least 1-3 guards will be able to patrol around 24/7 on the servers, still seeing those hackers sneaking in during the night.

16. Snow

Snow KAG Guard Tester

I can vouch for Thorn.. especially since we're friends living in the same city and about to be business partners. He's been sick for a while now - which got aggravated by his job. Despite his annoyance with the new battle system, he's a true fan of Kag so definitely good addition to the team.

17. Thorn

Thorn KAG Guard Tester

Yeah, I'm still here. Like Snow said, I've been struggling with severe health issues, as well as being busy working what little hours I'm physically able to. I will have more time in the foreseeable future as I'm leaving this job to find something less stressful.

Also I was put off by the new combat system and the extreme lag that the servers seemed to have ... Hopefully it's improved by now. I'm gonna get back in the game tonight and see what's what.

18. Neat

You'd have to employ ridiculous amount of guards to do that, even then it's not possible when server owners disable guards.

19. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Things we look for in guards

- Must-haves:
    Trustworthy
    Level-headed
    English-speaking

- Nice-to-haves:
    Forum activity
    In-game activity
    The respect of their fellow players (i.e. have a good reputation)

- Bad-to-haves:
    A sense of entitlement
    A tendency for abusive behaviour, in or out of the game

Being of an under-represented nationality can help too (i.e. we only have one russian guard and a few french - it'd be nice to have more)

There are lots of people that have plenty of the nice-to-haves, but if they haven't proven themselves to have the must-haves then they can't be a guard.

There is no agenda going on here. We are just trying to ensure that the people we choose are not going to abuse it.

20. MrKaputtnik

@Shad I think you are trying to prevent me as a guard by every means. Probably because of that one time when I was angry about laurentiu. Such a thing happened only once. He said my thread should be deleted and I overreacted. And I also don't know why it was abusive, in your opinion. Anyways, the sun is shining again.

im german btw

@Valkyrie O_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.