1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Progress, Day 1 + Other news

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

>implying you guys even know how the grapple physics/controls are going to work
    >implying we aren't still testing grapple cause we know people are going to complain about it being op

2. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Time to bring my epic ninja rope skill from worms to kag. I really like this. If people think its op. Then nerf the range, its speed, or what it can attach to. Its just really easy to balance. You people need to remember this is beta. Its the perfect time for TESTING mechanics and new ideas.

3. GangstaWarlock

GangstaWarlock Builder Stabber

Oh, don't get me wrong, grapple sounds like just the thing to round out the archer class. Balancing will obviously addressed, as I hardly expect the devs to release something ridiculously OP. For the record, with the skybridge comment I was referring to basically putting a dome covered in spikes around captured territory, but that was just unfounded speculation.

NinjaCell and amgtree like this.
  4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The gif is very Soldat_CTF-like

thebonesauce and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  5. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

The idea of a grappling hook sounds alight but just wondering is this going to be a daily update blog of CTF?

6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The Grapple hook doesn't seem that fast. So if anything, it makes jumping pits, and climbing walls easier on the archer.
    I've had many problems, myself trying to arrow climb out of death, or simply run from a knight, with their seven ways to move so much faster.

7. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

I don't really mind grapple if you make bomb jumps go farther.

I also feel that there should be a limit to how many times you can grapple, cause it will make normal archer movement pointless since you can grapple all the time.

Might as well give knights 3D maneuver gear and some titans to fight while you're at it though.

16th and Robinskie like this.
  8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Bomb jumps will be superior, even as they are. And please no, don't make them too much more powerful, people are learning how to do really basic things like place two bombs on the floor, trust me, that makes you go high and far with zero effort.

Anyways, the grappling hook is probably limited already, and I don't care if it makes an archer as fast or faster than a slashing, or sliding knight, it fixes the inevitable problem of having an archer being a confirmed kill each time.
    Leave bomb jumping as it is, because it is a very powerful thing as it is, and it could probably, or should, negate the speed of the grappling hook.

All in all, I don't see your point Brilly, Knights already don't move normally, because of slashing, sliding, water skipping, and bomb jumping.

9. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Don't get me wrong Boea.

I'm going to love playing charging archers.

Especially if the shield blocks the grappling hook.

The erratic movements following such an event will show me the terror in their hearts.

10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The hotfix generally is "Don't run into that horde of obvious knights", my hotfix is, "Waste their time, health, and resources", of which I'm getting proficient at, and can sometimes kill a charging knight.

Anyways, one archer should be roughly the trouble of one knight as with one builder.
    Archers need lovin's too, and remember kids, make sure to not expose wooden structures to archers, or really anyone, since everyone can break wood.

11. TerranMarine

TerranMarine Haxor

Soldat-styled CTF? I like it

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

But can we grapple people?
    In the foot?
    to stop them falling to their deaths?
    If none of you understand that reference I will be disappointed.

Robinskie likes this.
  13. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I think I got it
    But the main question is; Will the grappling hook deal damage if not shielded? if yes it is op straight away.

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Why would grapple deal damage? Of course it doesn't. And yes, you can grapple over most structures (though spoilers: bridges + spikes) but it doesn't matter because the archer can't do whole lot once there. They can't light kegs (I wouldn't mind if they could)

15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

And that is to say the mounted bow isn't overpowered, regardless of how one developer, and several people say otherwise?

As far as I know they've been labelled both useless and redundant by a dev [GETI] and tester.
    And no, they can't grapple players, or movable objects, too many issues with the physics involved.
    If they do damage I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being only marginally better than the bow in close ranges, because they don't seem to have a minimum draw, and their rate of fire is dependent on how fast you can reel it in, which from the teaser, seems to be as fast as the delay on the hit confirm for the knife, anything short of a full heart damage wouldn't even begin to be overpowered since the hitbox of the shield is so massive as to make a knight nigh invulnerable to arrows.

That aside, a new gamemode would be refreshing, and hopefully a good way to avoid systemic/problematic issues caused by turtling, while still being more than just a strange mating dance of blades in a cramped arena.

16. Seladur

Seladur Catapult Fodder

Aiming to share more news about it, or to release this new feature? :huh?:

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

To release, but we'll see if we make it or not. We've shared quite a bit of information about it if you look around :^)

CTF and the Co-op stuff is being done separately so shouldn't hinder the release, but the two large engine changes may cause some delays (tilemap and angelscript update).

18. Powse

Powse Haxor

Is there a way to disarm a grapple? Like, opponents shooting an arrow through the rope, thus making it break?

19. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

By killing the archer.

20. Boea

Boea Such Beta

[Which isn't very hard, in all honesty]