1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

As I said,you can look at your verification email.

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

He said game time. Not when he registered.

3. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Well,if he means how much time he played KAG,then it is impossible.

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Thanks, I know when this comes out on steam it will be tracked. Ill just wait.

5. garrettw2000

garrettw2000 Catapult Fodder

i bought the game and it still wont let me play. on any other profile except for my administrator.

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

That you bought the game has actually nothing to do with that it doesn't work; it's just that you should rightclick KAG.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run as administrator.
    Don't know how the stuff is actually named as I don't have windows myself (I think you have windows?), but you should understand what I mean.

7. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Is there a way to downgrade your version of kag to a specific build.

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Not easily, and tbh you wouldn't want to as unless you get everyone else to also revert you'll be playing alone.

9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I know that I'll be the only one. You say it wouldn't be easy, so its possible. How do you do it?

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Well, you can't exactly "downgrade" so much as get an old version and make it not update itself. If you search the forums you will find a few threads where people have posted .zips of some older builds & have instructions on how to disable the autoupdate.

11. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Thank you for the help.

12. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

How do i fix the problem with the spoiler in my signature???
    The triple spoiler :(

13. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Fixed, you messed up your BB code because you had tags half inside spoilers and half not inside spoilers. Also put all your images in a spoiler as well since it can cause lag for people who's computer can't handle that many images at once.

14. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Thank you so much Kouji!!!!!!
    And I used the spoiler button when making it anyway. Thank you!!! :D

15. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

How does the Tech Tree work in multiplayer?

Can you control the progress of research somehow?

I know players can vote for Techs to be researched but is it more about team communication than a way to control research?

Thanks!

16. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You can't make stuff research itself faster or slower, you only have three different research trees with paths that can be changed. That's all there is to tech tree tbh.

17. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

In addition to what Monsteri said, if there is a trader on the map you can mine gold to trade him for instant access to an item in the tech tree.

18. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Thanks you two!

Just one clarification: how do you change between the three paths? Is it a collective effort (voting) or can an individual do that outside Scrolls?

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Clicking on a tech will place a vote in it's favour, path that satisfies the most votes is the one that will be taken (if votes are even then it'll default to whatever the server has as the preliminary tech path-- i.e. what it was before anyone votes on anything). Basically, if you vote that you have a say in what happens, if you don't then you don't.

A good tactic is to work out which techs you'll be able to buy and then vote to research the ones you're not buying (remembering to take scroll prices into account and that there's only so much gold in a map [and you won't be able to get it all]).

20. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You simply click on the items you want to research, and the path changes to the whatever choice that has the most votes.
    EDIT: Ohh I forgot I had left the tab open for the night. Oh well.

Mods: Gurin