1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Since Monsteri is e-peening here...
    screen-13-08-22-18-54-23.png
    I died again at about 40+ kills during a far too daring aerial assault.

Think we should split these off into a beta pub?

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Lol, nice work, Contra.
    Nah, I actually like how the pub traces back through a lot of the game's history & development. I will, however, move it to the Beta section & leave a permanent redirect in the Classic GD.

3. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

screen-13-08-29-19-09-16.png
    Boom I was neutral, what a time to be alive. Imagine the things that could be done, I could start the UN, I could make laws on warcrimes and be the impartial judge creating a era of peace and prosperity.
    Suddenly like a baby being born into a underfunded NHS hospital I was flung out of my red heaven of bliss and thrown into the dark and slightly more pixelated world of real life.
    The first person I found upon being forcefully shunted to the right was the left buttock of a builder I had quite literally cannonballed into, served him right for trying to extend the sea when rising sea levels are already causing problems for the international community.
    With understandable confusion among the red team I started stibbity stabbiting the local builders who, assuming
    I was one of those arseholes who was knight all warm up time and spent his time getting in the way. Little did they know I was simply looking red from their teammates guts and promptly set back construction like I was the english government on a northern infrastructure project.
    Alas the tides turned and they built a wall to keep my knightly bum firmly wedged between a red wall and a stone wall. Having an immediate respawn I just kept getting my head dropped upon by various objects to the extent even Hella managed to get a kill in.
    Warmup finished and I sat on my tod with the realisation I was in the middle base with 16 enemies from both sides. I managed to get a single stone block up before the vengeful reds were up to my left. I changed to knight and a blue popped up beside me. I swung and he was doing a grand impersonation Sean Connery in The Man who would be king. A red to my right promptly blew himself up on forgetting what button threw the bomb and that was that from the right. Before you know it bam, keg took the entire level off and me with it. In the end a red minecrafter who had only just realized the match started was the only one to survive the keg.

He wandered down and capped the hall and my ambitions of having a 3 party political map were in a worse shape than Nick Cleggs. The timer sat there counting but it just kept resetting every time.

It is worth noting this was the wizardry server and this ailment was probably due to some line of code. My warmup exercises had left me with a decent score and i was elected wizard, or at least I could when i spawned.
    BUT NO
    I kept resetting.
    Enough was enough and I rejoined.
    My spawn was one ahead of the countdown till I was ejected from the wizardly possibilities.
    I was going to make it but
    PLOT TWIST
    I was spawned behind enemy lines!
    With no hope of getting to a base in time I was lost and eventually the guy in 3rd place got the wizard hat.
    I was tunneling with a sword and got to the wooden door between me and their main base.
    Cruelly halfway through battering them down I was team swapped.
    While still alive.
    ggrrr

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

u wot m8 u rekt shitlord?! fite me irl
    [​IMG]

Beef likes this.
  5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

contrary still bttr reklurd
    [11:06] <Mazey`> .c 33 / 2
    [11:06] <Serene_Silk3> 16.5
    contra^
    [11:06] <Mazey`> .c 100 / 12
    [11:06] <Serene_Silk3> 8.33333333
    u^
    lelel git rekt

6. Monsteri

i'd like to see him maintain that kdr until 100 kills

protip: not possible without 0 ping

7. who cares about kdr, grappling over overhangs is all that matters for real p0rs

8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Well, I took two halls because no one thought that an infinite spam of arrows could be countered by anything.

And

That one should totally think that an Archer, with 2h, can kill a Knight with 4h, with an arrow that does 1h.
    Especially when the archer is holding open the door.
    And the knight is right next to them.

End of Story, Archers kinda blow now, potshots either have no chance of landing, since the knight has no reason to put their shield down; or, the potshot only does 1h damage, per, and people forgot how to dodge, and didn't learn how to use a grappling hook like a slingshot.

Anyways, real pros don't waste time humping a wall, using their three dimensional movement gear much like in ATTACK ON TITANIC \XXX\ PART ONE.. They use arrows, and climb them, like a ladder.

---

I keep winning because people keep holding the doors open. It's the main reason why I place directional plats in front of them.
    And I am learning how to use the shield in the most annoying way, which is entirely related to the previous statement.
    [srsly, you can last indefinitely in the last enemy hall with just your shield, just long enough to have your team compromise the wall]

9. Rainbows

screen-13-08-31-15-48-28.png
    Day 10:
    The archers still do not realise I can climb towers and kill them in one slash.

Froghead48, toffie0, Contrary and 4 others like this.
  10. Contrary

I see you monsteri. You gonna get ezd even more once I actually find an american server with people on it

11. Rainbows

screen-13-08-31-20-21-29.png
    1/0 = ?
    Best k:d

Guitarman likes this.
  12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Isn't 2/0 infinitely better?

tlc2011 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Well shit, dividing by zero.

Contrary likes this.
  14. Contrary

screen-13-09-01-00-08-58.png
    Normally I don't spend so much time KD whoring but just for you...
    screen-13-08-31-23-42-18.png Now lets see your best KD at 2 deaths.
    We can stop now and call it a draw if you want.

Stevedog, tlc2011 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  15. Monsteri

Well damn. This is from the same match i posted earlier
    [​IMG]
    you win slightly but only for now

16. Ajax

Ajax Arsonist

This whole thread is why KAG needs a running leader-board

17. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I really want to get into beta but it seems every time I play I never enjoy myself.

I have to work the rest of this week 3-11pm EST (all the way til Sunday), so after that I'm unsure, but is there any action between like 8am-2pm EST?

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Fwiw if you ping me on IRC around 8am EST you'll prolly get me, bone.

19. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Will do, FBB! If I'm actually awake in 6 hours... hahaha

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  20. Ajax

Ajax Arsonist

So Shadlington decided to play for a while...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Condor-2 didn't make it out alive ;_;

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    Beef, FuzzyBlueBaron and tlc2011 like this.