1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Progress, Day 1 + Other news

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 20, 2013.

1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I'm just mad that we ddn't get a massive minigun that instakilled and shot though walls. :(

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I'd much rather have a Vualting Staff, less bitching a moaning about it, more mobility and options for the archer.

Hopefully this time, it is harder to negate, the knight surely have one, such thing.

3. Powse

Powse Haxor

Ok, obviously you can kill the archer, but i was hoping there'd be a side mechanism apart from elimination...

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The grapple is literally 8 tiles long plus or minus a bit of velocity tolerance and network latency - if you can't slash or shoot them when they're that close you've got bigger problems than their grapple not succumbing to swords.

The grapple itself is not a physical object. A lot of the bugs in beta are caused by things being physical objects or "too physical" when they don't really need to be, like the arrows sometimes being collidable on the ground and the boats desyncing in earlier versions when materials were dropped on them.

@NKKing re: "I might have seen a bug in the gif" - i simply recasted the grapple, it didn't phase through the ground.

To confirm - archer's cannot grapple objects (for net sync and performance reasons) and the grapple does no damage. It's simply a nice way for archers to get around quickly and something unique to the class. Knight bombjumping is much faster for getting over small towers anyway, for the knights anxious they might actually be in danger from an archer.

I'd be much more worried about the legolas style overcharge if I were you guys :>

[​IMG]

NinjaCell and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  5. Tylda

Tylda Shopkeep Stealer

I like Compability news :P

6. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

I'll support you, fellow newbie!

Cool idea. Of course it makes sense to first see how the Grappling Hook works in general, but it does sound like a cool idea to be able to repeatedly deny a fleeing Archer from his last lifeline.

7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Again, Pole Vaulting for Archers.

[​IMG]

Anyways, Knight have at least two life lines available to them at all times, can't you allow an archer one?

8. aww i relly liked the knife i get ALL THE KNIFE KILLS

9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

What sort of demon magic do you possess?

10. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

yup.
    does anyone ever get backstabbed by now?
    It's become impossible to properly instakill builders now they now how to avoid it :(

I really want a grappling hook.
    [​IMG]
    this
    plus
    [​IMG]
    this
    is awesome
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 26, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 25, 2013 ---
    The grappling hook is great, but very OP.
    Every noob and most of the veteran players will probably bitch for years.

A charging mechanism should prevent that:
    Like a crossbow, you collect the rope (charge) then release it whenever you want with another press.
    So... not like a slash cause that'd be bad. very bad.

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

And how exactly do you know this? The build isn't even out yet..

NinjaCell and LostPix like this.
  12. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I'm not saying it's OP or joining Gofio side , but in the .gif you see how he missed and he just quickly used the grappling hook again , that needs to be nerfed and they probally already nerfed this.

13. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I personally think that adding a charge-up time to the grapple defeats the purpose of it, I think the grapple will be useful for quick escapes from knights, bombs, ballista bolt, etc etc. adding a charge time would take that away. I think it should have no charge time but a 2-5 second cooldown between uses.

But then again the update isn't out yet so it's all speculation and stuff

14. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Your speculation is sort of crap, it doesn't consider this is supposed to be the method that replaces "Arrow Climbing", and "Finally Allows Archers the Mobility that Rivals/Exceeds that of a Knight", making it slower would probably negate one of these intended uses.

Be thankful it can't grab or damage people.

Knights still have their shield, their skip, slide and glide, they can still use bombs, they can use kegs, and they can bomb jump, and these things allow them to outpace an archer, by a significant margin, the supposedly fast support class, all of the time.

NinjaCell and GangstaWarlock like this.
  15. GangstaWarlock

GangstaWarlock Builder Stabber

I agree with Boea. Knights currently have an advantage in damage output, mobility, and defence. The damage output and defence superiority make sense because of the archer's main role as a supporting class, but the huge number of mobility bonuses to knight make it overpowered. I fully support the addition of grapple to even the playing field somewhat.

16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I don't see how it's going to make archers op in any way, they are going to be quick and nimble and all the time on the move and it's how they are meant to be, tossing a bomb is still viable and cornering them too, a good archer will always keep distance and use special arrows, all you need to do is adjust to new game conditions and learn how to deal with it instead of blandly speculating without having any proof to back up your arguments, once everyone tests it then it will be tweaked accordingly so please.

NinjaCell and amgtree like this.
  17. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

If you really think about it Archers have a lot of bounces as well
    Tree climbing, bomb arrows which instakill, water arrows which stun (after that use bomb arrow and knight is dead),fire arrows, Satchels for close combat napalm( just throw it in front of the slashing knights you will lose half of its health and it will confuse him), arrow climbing, knife.

The thing is that due to the lack of classes in KAG knight includes Tank class and Assault class + Dreadnought class.
    I know some players who can go as archer 1 vs 3 knights and vin that battle , Example :landoo.
    Like you know when you start playing MOBA type games and you see another character it seems op and when you chose that character you still suck. Well same with Knights and Archers. It is just REALLY hard to play at least good with an archer, but if someone become a good archer We will seem like he is op (like Landoo)

I don't mind if devs will add grappling hook but only if it's wont be a disbalanced piece of carp. I personally play only as a knight because I don't want to mix both knight and archer class.
    If you run after two hares, you will catch neither.

18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Archers still have high damage output, don't forget that. It's either the knights now how to shield, or die. And in the case of buildings, how fast people can douse/repair it, or make it out of stone, and remember to keep the building sealed.

Anyways, with tree climbing, trees are probably too unreliably placed/destroyed for tree climbing to come to any use.
    In the heat of battle, everything is wrecked, and builders fall back on wood to rebuild, it is natural for trees to be cut down often, and to be too dangerously near an enemy hall.
    Trees really are only useful for a ladder, if and when people remember they can climb on them. It falls onto arrow climbing to get a nice vantage point when the tower, or high ground isn't an option.

Bomb arrows are again not an instant kill. Only if it hits, and in the case of a knight, isn't still blocked.
    But then again, the knight has so many bombs, it really isn't comparable.

Also, there are no more satchels.

19. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

For expert player is it doesn't matter how good the tower is. It is about how expert the defenders are.

Knight:x3 bombjump (will allow to jump over any tower) then put a mine in front of the door and fait for a noob , you can even type in the chat so they rush to that base)
    Archer : arrow climb over anything if needed burn stuff go near the door stun someone who is standing in the doors kill him , go inside, Done
    Builder: block all exits and collapse whole tower in to the hall. it will kill everybody. Done

both knight and builder are viable strategies I tested them in game and they work fine.
    I never play archer but I saw people preform that strategy.

The only thin is how much skill you have to preform these actions,

20. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The easy way to fix up the knight is faster and controllable shield gliding, if you notice in game during gliding it locks you up into place and you can't change the shield direction unless you click again and there is always no time for this, if you fly through the air you should be able to control it the way you want to block the damage, you may fall and then put shield up to glide again, that's one thing. Much more like Classic.