1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In-game moderators (AKA Royal Guard) [Updated June 3rd, 2014]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, I didn`t expected for such a mini-rage and was almost shocked...Even so, it wasnt that bad, I mean I too get angry sometimes.

2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Paranoid, much?

I had completely forgotten about that till now.
    Though how you can not think saying "Honestly, you're fucking annoying" isn't abusive, I don't know.

3. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

No, I'm not paranoid. It just seems like you would.

Also just looked up the word 'abusive' in Google Translator. I always thought it means like abusing mod powers or something. English fail I'd say. Yeah, offtopic, I know. Still, it wasn't that harsh.

4. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

You contradicted yourself, Kaputt. Let it be known that childish grudges are not held here; most of us, not just Guards, are mature enough to not carry a personal vendetta against anyone. You are not being oppressed by Big Brother. If you are meant to be a Guard, you will be in time.

Do read the criteria that Shadlington posted, though.

5. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

- Must-haves:
    Trustworthy - Check
    Level-headed - Nope , looks like im out of the KAG Guard list :D
    English-speaking - Check

- Bad-to-haves:
    A sense of entitlement - Entitlement of being a Turtle, but nothing else
    A tendency for abusive behaviour, in or out of the game - Abusive towards griefers, and complete morons/hackers

Then get the KAG devs to invent a good anti-cheat engine for KAG, but since that will never happen... Employ additional troops!

Hah! Looks like im not going to have a shot at this KAG guard thing at all. Ah well. *Curls up in the turtle shell*

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Look Kaputtnik, I'm not sure I'm allowed to say this but here's the deal. Before the newest wave of Guards you were breaking even on the votes. Since your recent outburst you've gotten way into the negative and will probably be blacklisted.

Congratulations.

101i likes this.
  7. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

hmm *Rolls in turtle shell* Your always good at encouraging people aren't you :)

8. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Owow, well I have to say my changes are waay gone now. I have to say I would have liked to be a Guard, but never really showed it. I just know there is no point in tellings this, but I feel like I had to say it.

:)

9. Contrary

Why would I encourage him to complain unreasonably?

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

*Can see this turning into a flame thread*

11. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

Why are you taking this so serious? O.o I was wrong with the inactivity of the guards and whatsoever. Now everybody's upset and argueing with me.

So, uhm.. What outburst? I'm taking this as a normal discussion. And about the blacklist, it's not like I care, it isn't very important, my life doesn't consist of being a KAG Guard. If you prefer not having me as a guard, okay. It's just that I'm most of the time in the right places, most of the time even caring about griefers, hackers and such. It's fine now. You're taking every post as a potential flamewar.

12. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Just ignore Contrary. he seems to be adept at creating arguments without knowing. Now back to topic, Will there be an anti cheat engine other than roaming admins?

13. Shadlington

That isn't on topic either.
    This thread is meant to be for 2 things: announcing new guards and congratulating new guards.

Things it isn't meant for include:
    - Criticism of the selection process
    - Applications for being a guard
    - Conspiracy theories
    - Proposing alternative systems to the guards

And don't be so damn condescending Turtle.
    Contrary made a valid point - it is now looking unlikely that MrK will ever be a guard and the only person he has to blame is himself.

14. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

So... You want us to make another thread on general discussion ABOUT the kag guards? That sounds like a better idea than spamming this one with disputes and what-not.

15. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Reposting the list because I feel it was lost to off topic discussions. Congratulations to the new guys.

Shadlington likes this.
  16. Shadlington

A separate topic is fine.

17. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Congratz guys!

18. Darcia

Darcia Chief Fur Love Director <3 Donator Tester

All the badness and scary arguments make me sad =[
    Congratulations on the new guards, though! Just make sure you guys are active and help prevent users who knowingly infringe upon the rules. Griefers also make me sad...

19. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

I think the OP could be reworded, it really gives off a big sense of elitism.

20. Contrary

What would you change it to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.