1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New wall run + jump move.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 23, 2013.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ah, N. :heart: Such a beautiful game.

And no, Toy, that would be just bad.

Atheon likes this.
  2. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

But anyway i really like the idea of the archer wall jumping its great
    Archer Ninja :P

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You better believe it! :D

So far I've probably played the "Save the Princess" mission 4-5 times over by swapping to archer first chance I get and then going all Solid Snake on Sedgewick's minions. :bow::B)::flex:

Atheon likes this.
  4. webkinz96647

webkinz96647 Catapult Fodder

So does that mean only archers can wall jump? or can knights also?

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I wonder

6. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

every class will have this new trait. yes is not realistic but at the same time it makes the game less fun if just archers were allowed to wall run

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

More like, the old walljumping is clunky and leads to a lot of accidental push-backs. Moving around definitely feels more fluid now. The only negativity to it so far is that it decreases the necessity of slashjumping, but oh well. Slashjump still has its benefits.

8. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

How high can you wallrun though? If it's as high as you could previously slash jump+walljump+shieldglide combo (aka 7 blocks), I don't see a problem.

9. Monsteri

Maximum combo for that was 10 blocks actually. It still seems to be the same, though I haven't tried a lot.

10. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

This wallrun is fake! They put there invisible ladders ;__;

11. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Even if it is, faking a feature that will come anyway for demonstration purposes is not wrong.

10 blocks, really? I remember just having trouble jumping over 7. But now that I think of it, I do remember getting over an 8-block tall wall, or at least an insanely high one.

12. Monsteri

I think he was doing a (bad) joke.

FuzzyBlueBaron and franek123 like this.
  13. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Error Autoupdating every time, even reDLing the client installation. This patch so brokeddddddddddd

14. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yes it is broken right now. the devs will fix the problem within eventually. maybe withing the next couple of hours? not sure

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

They're aware of the problem & will have a fix as soon as can be.

16. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Okay, with the release of the latest patch and testing the archer out in-game. Let me take this in...
    Some of you just might remember I cobbled together an animation of an archer shooting three arrows.
    [​IMG] <- this one.

I know it does not exactly look like how it does right now, and I am definitely not the reason of it. But I can't help but feel a bit happier inside. I love the rapid-fire.
    *squeeeeeeeee*

Digger101 likes this.