1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 866 - Interim Patch, Lots of Changes!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 31, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

This is quite a big one, a bit scary to get it out over the weekend but Tom and Ryan need it out to be able to do some API work, so here it is :) (As soon as the build server can bring it to you)
    Summary of some major things that have changed, similar to last post:

Archer changes: Legolas shot, grapple hook, more fragile health among others! Pew pew, swing swing. It’s a whole new feel for the class, and it’s just getting started. We’ll continue tweaking and hopefully adding a bit of power after its had some more thorough public testing!

Boat changes: No more bashing team-mates with stolen boats before they convert! Dinghies don’t crush stuff! All sorts of good things.

Hall Changes: Halls can be flooded to turn them neutral again! We’re working on a way to work units into the mix, but it didn’t stand up to testing so at the moment it’s turned off.

Princess Mode: Currently in a half-finished port between the old huge huge map and the new level format there are some bugs (scores dont save or display properly properly) and some annoying map layout issues that will be fixed asap. Fortunately once the bugs there are ironed out the co-op challenge mode will be ready to rock in multiplayer!

Death camera: Also currently work in progress, MM didn’t quite complete it before he left :^( very sorry to those stuck looking at trees over the weekend! We’ll be evaluating whether to keep some form of this or not in the next few days, it will need a lot of changes if it’s to keep though.

Drill Changes: Doesn’t work particularly well under water, cools a bit slower, still doesn’t heat up when actually digging materials. This is to encourage using it for breaching and gathering instead of digging under the map for 20 hours in waist high water.

Walljump Changes: You can now wall run vertically for quite some distance, and only jump if you aren’t pressing towards the wall. This means overhangs are mandatory on any wall you dont want people getting over, and means getting out of pits and over ledges is much simpler. We’re considering making this a hold jump option (and will be toning down the height you can make with it).

Server Browser Changes: The server browser has been pre-emptively split into co-coperative and competitive tabs that sort on gamemode. This will be more relevant once the challenge multiplayer is released.

Starter changes: The starter now looks nicer and doesn’t have an inside-out twitter feed.

Please note: we’re fully aware there will be a few balance issues (likely in the favour of knights) this build! These will be addressed as soon as possible, likely with a patch Monday or Tuesday. Unfortunately we’ve got to push this one out either way so Tom and Ryan can get good API work done while they have some crossover time. Hopefully the added variety and fixes to known issues make up for the new issues that are sure to arise :^)
    ----

There have been a lot of changes and working this quickly it’s more or less inevitable that some bugs and other issues have snuck in without us noticing. Calmly report bugs and issues in the build thread or in the bug reports forum if you know how to use it.

Full changelog will be added either tomorrow night or on Sunday. I’ll keep my eye on the forums over the weekend but need some time to rest and recover, so don’t fret if I don’t get back to you right away.
    Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

FG, Stevedog, NKking and 12 others like this.
  2. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Love the update, but I'm sad that speed mining was remove.

3. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Its 3:25 night...youre ruining my life! (Great update anyway)

4. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Ummm not sure if this is a bug or not so I think posting it here is mature before putting it into the bug report section

In Save the Princess in Round 2:
    1. The mounted bow has no arrows in it
      screen-13-08-31-11-30-49.png
    • So I could just kill the archers and take the arrows, and I did so but then I couldn't shoot with the mounted bow
    E: Sometimes when you hold the LEFT CLICK it doesn't work. :Z

Froghead48 likes this.
  5. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

When using an emoticon in-game the arrow that hovers over you character covers it partially.

6. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I played this for a little while, not too long, and enjoyed it a good bit with playing with Archer, but...noticed one thing that worries me a little and I hope I can learn counters too...

Roof Archer is watching you struggle to jump up towards his impossible location...

Yeah dunno how much trouble this is gonna be in the future, but hopefully there are tricks or things that will make sure this isn't a problem, but for now yeah...Now we have events where there isn't even a building to collapse to get the archer down from...just him on the edge of a cliff and only bombs can hit him if well timed!

Oh well! At least the grapple is fun for the user, right?

7. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

things are all messed up right now, this is to be expected seeing as how it is a rushed patch. cant wait to see the more cleaned up version on monday or tuesday

Crabmaster likes this.
  8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Most messed up right now is the zoom and ui scaling. Thanks for adding FPS cap to options in menu, switching that fixes LAG2 issue better.

Movement feels better now, knights have this feeling of heaviness, archers feel very squishy, so many people test archer now and spam arrows, if you run in with a bomb and throw it you cause so much distraction that you will have common group reaction where everyone jumps away then you simply kill everyone while they stand around, killing archers never been easier.

Knight's slash range is incredibly not accurate, it's like invisible sword tip.

NinjaCell and Froghead48 like this.
  9. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Its even possible to slash through blocks that are above you.

10. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I noticed that, it's so weird it makes knight like one ultimate grass mower.

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah these things were noticed in testing, but it had to be pushed so API could be worked on, sadly. Just be glad those tickets didn't make it into the game, lol.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Froghead48 like this.
  12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

One way platforms seem to block projectiles both ways.

13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Archers are even easier to kill.

It seems every mook out there is trying and failing to grasp what two hearts, arrow climbing, three second delay, and grappling is.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Contrary like this.
  14. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Just give them time to master the new mechanics.

Gurin likes this.
  15. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Grappling is pretty nice especially when you can hang off the cliffs and shoot everyone, which reminds me of Worms Armageddon.

16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

It is such an ugly mess, but hey, who needs arrow climbing, when you can waste 7 minutes grappling at the same surface.

All I can say is that at least stunning is a lot more common now, which speaks pretty little.
    Also, you can sit in/use a mounted bow someone is carrying, it's wonderful.

Anyways, it's great to be a knight when you can get so many archer kills now, I really hope people get a quick handle on archery, it's just silly, and bomb arrows are a lot weaker than people presume. :////

17. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

changes are realy nice but return spectator mode back -(

18. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I noticed when trying out StP with the new multiple maps thing, and I noticed that after you fall in a spike pit, if you do not move at all after the initial landing, the spikes will never retract and thus never damage you again. This means you can live forever in a spike pit as long as you don't move, because the only damage you will take is that of the original stab.

I assume this a bug and not an intended feature?

19. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Well, the death cam is weird, I understand why you'd like there to be a limit as to where you can travel, but could you please revert the pan controls back to the left mouse button? It feels slower now, too.

Archers, well, I continue to be disappointed by their lack of class balance, virtually no builders, one or so knights, four, plus, archers hanging on the side of a wall, any wall, trying to climb a wall, without using an arrow ladder.
    I see that there are class tut levels in the data files, and I seriously hope that the archer tut is churned out, it's embarrassing to watch waves of arrows do nothing to a knight, other than scratch the shield, and still do naught to stun.
    [I'm thankful at least, that there is still rarely any stuns, since it turns out that arrows are constantly raining down, all thanks to fodder archers spamming overcharge, and hanging on walls, out of reach.]

In three TTH servers, lag is weird but ever present, knock back doesn't register, bombs don't register, or there is a delayed effect, and I am sent half way across the map or rammed into the ground with the fist of an angry god.
    I'd like to pin the blame on archers, and arrows, since it constantly rains arrows, and they sort of stick, and stutter at times.

Knights, they can climb up walls, albeit slowly, but gliding makes you fall slow enough that the miniscule force generated by wall running can allow them to inch up a wall, about one-half, to one-third speed of a ladder climb.

Anyways, I guess I can bide my time with more arrows than air, as long as archers continue to chauffeur me into their teams' halls.
    I'll show my appreciation, and change the locks, while they see themselves out.

---

With regards to Sean, spikes only retract/reload and fire again if they are placed on stone blocks, anything else, they only damage you if you rub yourself up against them.

20. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

The archers haven't really bothered me that much even if you if give them ; leogas shot, grappling hook.. they tend to just spam leogas shot, so I just slash them before they can shot.
    And
    The double slash is now easier to do, making everything easier eg combat, swimming faster