1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Answer A Question, Win Premium

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Kouji, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Well both cirpons and Brandon816 actually got the number right.
    rng.png
    Not that it matters though, everyone's answer was incorrect. You guys aren't creating a RNG if you are using a built in function. Anyways, the answer was the Middle-Square Method and most often, computers use the system clock (including milliseconds) as the seed. This is generally enough for video games and such, but in cases where true randomness is needed, something better is needed. Anyways, I'll just give the code to @cirpons. Also why Brandon816's method would probably provide the truest amount of randomness (mainly cause it's unlikely that you'll hit the exact same spot every time but it's still possible), it'd be harder to code. In case you guys are interested, the code for the Middle-Square method:
    Code:
    for (int i = 0; i < samplesToProduce; ++i)

{
            //select the middle six digits for the next seed
            newseed = (x / 1000) % 1000000;
            storageArray[i] = newseed;     
            //The sequence will almost always go to zero, so an improvement
            //to the algorithm would be reseeding with the time as seen below.
            /*
            if (newseed < threshHold){
                    newseed = time(NULL);
            }
            */
            x = newseed * newseed; 
    }
    Anyways next question (guess I'll just do gold for a while), unless you like anime, you'll probably find this one hard. In most anime harem/romantic comedies, where does the protagonist usually sit at in school?

2. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

3rd row from door, second to last seat.

• Near a window
    • last or second to last row from the back
    • Not many people sitting nearby

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    Digger101 likes this.
  3. 2nd row from the back.
    3rd seat from the left.

4. Alokaniir

Alokaniir Bison Rider

Always in the back, near window, maybe next to one of the girls, or by himself.

5. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

In the front row ofc cause then how are they going to learn.

Guitarman likes this.
  6. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

In most cases for some reason they're all seated next to a window second from back row on the very right (looking from the front of the classroom)

7. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Usually, the protagonist would sit at a desk, unless they were eating lunch in which case they would sit at a table.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  8. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

My evidence: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

9. Alistasia

Alistasia Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Probably in the back three rows and to the right, next to a window.

10. kingofthebrithins

kingofthebrithins Shopkeep Stealer

I always see them near the window (depends on what kind of anime you watch) sl yea they are close to windows mostly

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Actually wrong, they rarely ever sit at a table.
    Possible locations for eating lunch:
    • On the rooftop on a bench/picnic cloth (eating a lunch box made by another girl)
    • Outside under a tree or behind a building (generally a large shareable lunch box made by one person who cooks particularlly well)
    • At their desk with their best friend/girl who likes him but won't admit it (guy has his sister/makes it himself or girl who likes him makes the lunch box)
    • Walking/standing and talking while eating some type of bread roll/convenience store rice balls (bread is generally bought at school)
    The only possible times that they do eat a table is when they eat cafeteria food or have a fancy dinner party, but that's fairly rare cause option 1 is "it's expensive", option 2 involves a rich person as one of the heroines in the anime. Alternatively they'd eat some snacks and have tea at a table, but in those cases, it's not lunch time.

Calindrus and Alistasia like this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I have not a blue hooting clue. And don't mind either. :rollseyes:

Guitarman likes this.
  13. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

Well someone sure knows their anime :D

14. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Thank you for your correction, Kouji, I have amended my previous answer with additional information.

15. Otaku much? I don't get why they would sit under a tree. Every time I'm drinking stuff under tress, lo and behold! its a swimming ant in my water. So I'd rather that they would eat near a tree but not under it. But anime's anime.

16. Kingmit

Kingmit Shipwright

definitely next to a window and 3 or 4 rows back.

17. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

The best MCs eat lunch in bathrooms.

18. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Sit at the back? I don't watch anime ... much.

19. Kouji

So RNG picked @kingofthebrithins this time.
    So as quite a few of you posted, by a window near the back was the correct answer. In most cases this is how it's set up:
    [​IMG]
    However there are a few other spots where the Main Character could be.
    fX7Jr.gif
    1: Is generally reserved for a main character who is generally popular or something to start with, unlike the other types who are generally "normal"
    2/3: Generally has 2 heroines from the start who sit on the left/right side. Generally means that in the end he'll still be undecided between the two. The difference between 2 and 3 however is that a Main Character in spot 3 tends to be either a "delinquent" or dumb or outcast
    4: Generally like 3 but with 1 girl instead of 2
    Anyways, as Drafiks said (before he edited his post), this is generally done because it saves money on art. This is because a drawing windows and a blue sky (with a few clouds at most) is fairly quick + cheap to draw and color. If options 2/3 are used, generally the anime has a bigger budget, has more still frames, is fairly short or most other scenes have much less people in them/have more simple backgrounds.

Anyways, next question I guess, something much more casual: According to The Onion which animal's cruelty is worse than Hitler?

inactive_account likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.