1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Capture The Hall][US East] Fate's US East WAR Server

Discussion in 'Server Archives' started by elricsfate, Aug 9, 2013.

?

Would you be interested in perks for Donators?

Poll closed Aug 23, 2013.
  1. Yes, and I'm OK with some gameplay advantages

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, if there are no game play advantages

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. elricsfate

elricsfate Catapult Fodder

Why hello! Come on in!

Objective

My objective is to provide an enjoyable experience for our player base by utilizing high quality server hardware, providing active admins, enforcing reasonable rules, finding interesting maps, and determining other ways to improve the game play experience.

Current server stats

Server Name: Fate's US East WAR Server
    Server IP: 108.61.58.186
    Port: 50301
    Slots: 64
    Gamemode: Capture the Halls
    Server Location: New York, NY
    Ping Warning: 200
    Max Ping: 300
    Global Moderators: Enabled

Server Modifications: Shark riding disabled, shark air drown enabled. (more incoming)

Mumble Voice Server
    You can download Mumble for free here

Server Name: Fate's Mumble Server
    Port: 64738

Rules
    1. Don't be a dick.
    2. See rule 1 again.
    3. That's pretty much it!
    What's coming up?

I am currently working on updating a community site (You can find it here) along with expanding the game servers we have. Currently planned servers include Minecraft, Gary's Mod, & Zombie Panic: Source.​

Bans

Please see our Ban List. You may contact me via PM to appeal.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Map you want on the server? Game you want to see hosted? Want to say how much you enjoy the server? Something else? Let us know below! I would love to hear from you.
    Donations
    Servers are expensive and administrating and managing server can be a time consuming process. I will likely see about opening up for donations and creating perks for those who donate.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    VanHuek and Duke_Jordan like this.
  2. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm an active community member if you need help managing your server later on (we already talked on IRC just pm me if you want to take me up on my offer)

VanHuek and elricsfate like this.
  3. elricsfate

Thanks Duke, as mentioned I will contact you later if any help is needed. Glad you enjoy the server.

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  4. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Loving the server, Filled in players and complete chaos, Saw Arcrave and some Kag Guards. Servers a Blast! Can't wait for its upgrade

elricsfate likes this.
  5. elricsfate

Glad you're enjoying it! I just got the dedicated server details in and I'm going to start provisioning things sometime today.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 10, 2013 at 9:52 PM ---</br>
    Bump for update: We have now migrated to the new server, Mumble server is setup, and the slots have been increased to 64! More to come soon!
    </br>--- merged: Aug 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM ---</br>
    Server is currently ticking along wonderfully! I'm currently working on adding more game servers and I'm also working on a community site that will cover all the different games. Please feel free to contact me about what other games you might want on the server!

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  6. DubPixel

DubPixel Builder Stabber

I just played on this server recently and have not been a dick to anyone but yet, i was banned. Please tell me why?

7. elricsfate

Greetings DubPixel,

I just checked out banlist and don't see a listing for your name in my records. Chances are you were temporarily banned for Ping.

A current listing of our bans can be found below.

Inferdy; 0.0.0.0; -1; Banned;
    kiliano; 0.0.0.0; -1; Banned;
    atblego02; 70.112.114.16; -1; Banned;
    Detective_raccoon; 99.233.137.80; -1; Banned;
    SmoothMovesPIE; 86.142.205.234; 2:rektlord:11:10:rektlord:2013; High Ping;

Please try joining again and let me know if you are still experiencing issues.

8. CrazyPizza

CrazyPizza Catapult Fodder

I joined the server to have some evening KAG fun, I greet everyone by saying "Have no fear CrazyPizza is here!" and I get banned as soon as I press enter?

Really fun server...

9. moshermadnes

moshermadnes Shark Slayer

I got banned for using a bucket of water what kind of server is this!!!!!!!!!!

10. elricsfate

Greetings CrazyPizza & moshermadnes,

Sorry to hear that you guys are having issues. As mentioned to the commenter before you, it is highly likely that you were banned for a high ping (I'm the only admin on the server right now beyond Guards and I didn't ban you).

Please ensure that you don't have anything running that might be causing a high ping (BitTorrent programs are notorious for saturating your connection and causing high ping) and try to join again. Ping bans generally only last about 15 minutes and the server will automatically unban you.

You can see a list of the current bans below:

Inferdy; 0.0.0.0; -1; Banned;
    kiliano; 0.0.0.0; -1; Banned;
    atblego02; 70.112.114.16; -1; Banned;
    Detective_raccoon; 99.233.137.80; -1; Banned;
    tanmang42; 98.148.12.0; 1::):9:13:rektlord:2013; High Ping;
    Ghastkiller; 179.252.84.186; 1::):25:13:rektlord:2013; High Ping;
    czopex; 79.186.224.238; 1:4:19:13:rektlord:2013; High Ping;

Sadly there is no way for me to make it clear that a ping kick has occurred as opposed to a manual kick or ban. Please consider liking or commenting in the Suggestion thread below to encourage the developers to implement this feature:

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/please-implement-separate-message-for-ping-bans.16086/

I hope to see you on the server again soon.

Thanks,

Elricsfate

11. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

I'm crying because this server is kickass

12. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

Hmm, odd I appear to have been banned. Maybe it was a ping-ban?

13. elricsfate

Greetings Ramsis,

It was indeed a ping ban but you should be able to rejoin. Please consider reading the replies above you for more information on how to make it more clear a ping ban has occurred. In short you can like this thread here:

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/please-implement-separate-message-for-ping-bans.16086/

See you on the server soon!

14. CrazyPizza

CrazyPizza Catapult Fodder

It must have been an high ping ban because after 10 minutes I was able to join and play a 1.20hour game so thanks ;)

15. elricsfate

Thanks for coming back to clarify that it was indeed a ping ban. If you enjoy the server then you should consider utilizing our Mumble server for voice chat. You can find the details for this below.

Mumble Voice Server
    You can download Mumble for free here
    Server Name: Fate's Mumble Server
    Port: 64738

Hope to see you around.