1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Mysterious "Jeep" game mode...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thebonesauce, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Apparently it's also not yet ready
    Capture.PNG

Got a map to load but no jeeps, also upgrades have gravity which I don't think is intentional. I'll see how far I can actually get with it

Edit: Forgot the joke to make this post likeable

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs in the middle of a lake?
    Bob

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Cirom, Stevedog, Atheon and 7 others like this.
  2. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

What's up with the whole joke thing?

3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

He's a professional like-farmer.

Cirom, Atheon, NinjaCell and 6 others like this.
  4. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Bob= to float around in water. Since he has no limbs, he sort of looks like a bobber.

5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Like-whores almost always put a joke or something in their post so they can get likes, hes making fun of them

OT: just got on a computer with KAG so I can look at the files, it does look alot like jackal XD

jerloch likes this.
  6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

then is contrary a super pro professional like-farmer then?

OT: i bet that jeep game will either disappear from the face of the kag-beta folder, or be implemented as some sort of easter egg.

7. I don't know why they would get rid of it. They need an example of the power of the scripting engine that no one in the modding section is providing and only a few probably have the capability of providing (they know who they are)

Also eamono wins the figuring out jerloch award.

8. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This totally isn't some distraction for people to look at "hidden" stuff while so that you guys temporarily stop complaining about KAG being broken.

9. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

I don't suspect anything of the sort.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@merloch you have to manually join a team (even though its free for all) cause MM is bad at coding gamemodes.

JeepJeep is a simple example of the scripting engine being used to create an entirely new game - it's not done, but it's actually pretty fun so far. The main thing is there has been literally ~8 hours total spent on its development, and its a networked deathmatch game. Kinda neat imo.

I know MM has been messing around with other prototypes as well, don't be surprised if more folders start popping up inside the game :^)

Hawxx, Livesparkk, SMASH1413 and 4 others like this.
  11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The main issue I guess is making sure you can set up auto-configs and file distribution so you can distribute these neat things with your pals, and not by being a game dev with access to the KAG2D master directory.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That's in the pipeline, but not having auto-synced mods never stopped cortex command or tribes or doom modding, I dont see why it should stop KAG modding.
    Not being able to send the files via autoupdate is also not a barrier at all to local development
    Dropbox allows easy no-fuss collaboration and distribution if you don't know what source control is, and KAG scripts and things work fine with a mercurial or git repository if you do.

The majority of modders just don't have their shit together.

13. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

I'm pretty sure the majority of us don't want to write url's down to get a mod to join a server. Add in game url support plz

14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

They are working on this, it's been stated before. All Geti said is that it's still possible to make modded server for now anyways and explained how.

jerloch likes this.
  15. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

Has JeepJeep recieved an update yet? I want to see a working version dammit!

What do you call a parrot with a knife?
    The "Suicide note"

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

^deleted off-topic

(get back on it pubs)

Bint likes this.
  17. Geti

We haven't been working on i as we're currently crunching on getting the game ready for and released on steam, and there's quite a few things that need to be done for that, both in-game (map balance mainly, at the moment) and out (specific sized images for steam storefront etc)

18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Yes, but shit like Minecraft spoonfed their player base and now nobody wants to do any work to get anything different or special in the game they play ever. They just want to click and play, fuck work.

19. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Whatever happens, sorta sounds like shit's about to get real.

If anyone mods a bumper-cars gamemode out of this, I'd consider everything so far a roaring success. I also expect an Excitebike gamemode at some point.

20. I really hope this game mode is released before the Steam Release.