1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What's next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Pleb's a pretty normal word. I don't have a clue what you're referring to by 'moo' though.

I'm slightly concerned that the Steam launch will see a massive shortfall of servers :/

2. sinnertie

sinnertie Ministry of Hatred Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I think that many people who will actually find KAG through Steam will be interested in hosting servers too, so they should meet the demand. Hopefully.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  3. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah I expect that to be the case too, but I worry about those first few days.

If anyone has ever considered hosting a server but not got round to it, it would be really good if you could host one around the time of the launch (the specific date will be announced closer to the time).

4. sinnertie

Yeah you are right. I am able to provide few huge servers so you can count on me. I will wait for a more specific date announced by you and launch them on time.

NinjaCell, Digger101 and Gurin like this.
  5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The only thing that worries me is the amount of new players and thus it will make it harder to find good players anywhere, meaning most rounds will be very painful to play until people learn to play properly.

GloriousToast and Dioxyde like this.
  6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

I guess the "smart" new players would try and copy the techniques of the skilled players. Either that, or look at forums for more ideas.
    I'm sure they would get more skillful very quickly, and it would be better for them, since, there is going to be tonnes of new guys to fight against. (Same skill wise, more fun, don't get rekt erry' tiem.)

I guess all the new players coming at different periods of time will make the new guys stick with the game.
    I'm sure they would feel good actually beating someone at 1v1.

~~~
    what?

7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

So, when it's released on steam, it says that the steam users won't have to make an account here, does that mean that KAG will then use your steam name? That will confuse a lot of old players, because some of us don't have the same name on KAG and steam

8. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

New players will use their steam name, Old players will use the same name for example Auburn is you're name in kag forever unless you donate and request for a name change. It's similar to games such as War Thunder

Which brings me to another question that just came to my mind apond saying this; Will name changing on steam for new players affect their kag in-game name?
    So lets say someone's steam name is bob and he changes it to bob1 does it changing in-game?

Asu likes this.
  9. sinnertie

I am not sure about how it will look like but remember that your Steam username and Steam ingame nickname are two different things. You are able to change Steam ingame nickname to what ever you want and any time you wish.

NinjaCell, Asu and Atheon like this.
  10. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Springs the best , where all the good things happens like this one.

11. interestingly only plebs try to point out other people's inferiority

Atheon and NinjaCell like this.
  12. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Atm, there are too many servers for just few players so it will be ok.

This game need new players anyway or it will die slowly.

Atheon, Kazaco97, NinjaCell and 2 others like this.
  13. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Most servers can't hold he maximum players. So we might be short a few servers. But some big server are coming in the next month so i think things will be fine.

14. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Devs won't make it now, because it is less important - for them, not obviously for all ppl -. When it will be out on steam, I'm pretty sure a lot of map editors will be created.

KAG is already awarded a lot, but when it will be on steam, it would have a nice position, yup :p

I don't think it will be beta anymore. I think it will be stable version.
    Early access : I just don't know what do it mean, I don't look a lot that kind of things on steam

~~~ EDIT ~~~
    > A 3.6Ghz server is definitively enough for 48 players. And it is what my server uses

Atheon likes this.
  15. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Most are ran on VPS. So the cores are shared with like 4 people. Some times more.

16. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I'm a somewhat old player and I came into beta completely fresh. I had missed all the little developments for it, so when I first started playing beta a few weeks ago I got stomped, so fucking hard. Seriously, I sucked. Even Contrary could kill me.

Now, I am slightly less awful. There's a few techniques you can handily master to make it so you aren't splattered immediately, but all the finer details are basically just timing.

I estimate you could get medium to great in 4 hours of play, and be not awful after just two or so matches.

So I wouldn't worry about that.

Also, last time I played KAG before the summer I was disgusted and hated it. Now it's actually fun again. The steam playerbase will eat this up. Can't wait for a dozen full servers.

Stevedog, Atheon, Digger101 and 4 others like this.
  17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

@Beef
    I'm more worried about builders because it's really glue that holds team together.

GloriousToast, Atheon and NinjaCell like this.
  18. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Hopefully there will be large servers for stomping noobs and passworded ones for ultra-competitive gameplay.
    Also it would be good to see some tutorial servers for veterans to teach newer players the basics as well as more advanced but essential techniques, ie, door flipping. That would improve the team coordination and basic gameplay etiquette, I think.

Atheon likes this.
  19. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

@NinjaCell
    We could possibly have server that is passworded for old fags like me so we can play old fag matches. I'm here since build somewhere in between 70-90 of classic, these were the days, at first I even used to stay and play during the night until very morning, the game was addicting, it is still even though it has changed so much.

NinjaCell and Atheon like this.
  20. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Wikia will need some major updating before the steam release... Will be funny though when all the new people go to the wikia and wonder if its the right one or not.

Stevedog, NinjaCell and Atheon like this.