1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG I can't start KAG.

Discussion in 'Help' started by LastShadowPL, Sep 21, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. LastShadowPL

LastShadowPL Shopkeep Stealer

Hello, I need some help because I've been trying to run KAG on my ubuntu since few months and I can't get it working.

When I try to start it, here's what happens in terminal:
    Code:
    mdoublem@MM:~/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client$ sh rungame.sh
    Running KAG
    mv: nie można wykonać stat na „KAG.tmp”: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
    PID: 14424
    Starting in directory: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client
    Changed directory to: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/
    Engine (build: 745 version: 1.00b)
    Creating video device...
    Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
    Linux 3.8.0-30-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 22 20:52:24 UTC 2013 x86_64
    Using renderer: OpenGL 4.3.0
    GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
    GLSL version: 4.3
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/DarkMicroStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/BorderStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/SimpleStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/FramedStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/PolishedStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/paper_tiles.png
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/Bubble.png
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/MenuItems.png
    Loaded texture: /home/mdoublem/Gry/KAG/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/title.png
    Downloading http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=kag_news...

CURL Error: Couldn't resolve host name
    Not using autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg

Downloading checksums from http://update.kag2d.com/1/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt

Downloading http://update.kag2d.com/1/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt...

CURL Error: Couldn't resolve host name
    Error downloading checksum from http://update.kag2d.com/1/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt (err:6)

File not found 'Base/../libJuxta.so'
    LoadLibrary ERROR: ../Base/Base/../libJuxta.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Could not load game module Base/../libJuxta.so (errno 2)
    THE END

It looks like it can't connect to the server for some reason, I've tried to launch it on ubuntu 12.04/13.04 (64 bit) and it's allways the same problem. If you need some more details, tell me.

I can open these files in my browser without any problem (http://update.kag2d.com/1/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt for example).

When I use command
    Code:
    curl http://update.kag2d.com/1/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt
    everything is fine too.

Do you have any ideas how can I fix that? Maybe you had this problem too and you know what's causing it?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. Powse

Powse Haxor

There should be a file named KAG (atleast there was for me). Try chmoding it to +x and running via ./KAG.
    Works for me flawlessly.

3. LastShadowPL

Using sh rungame.sh does pretty much the same job, so when I used ./KAG nothing changed.

Btw, Can I ask you which linux distribution are you using?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

That should mean that juxta could not be loaded because it does not exists. Apparently it is because KAG can't download it.
    Did you check firewall settings ? Can you ping thd.vg ?

5. Powse

Powse Haxor

Ubuntu 13.04 here. Could be right what AsuMagic said tho', I was on a laggy connection earlier and tried to DL some updates, apparently it skipped it while not being able to get them in some time.

6. LastShadowPL

Yeah, It can't download anything so it can't start, here's ping result:
    Code:
    mdoublem@MM:~$ ping -c 10 thd.vg
    PING thd.vg (67.23.118.179) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=1 ttl=51 time=132 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=2 ttl=51 time=132 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=3 ttl=51 time=133 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=4 ttl=51 time=133 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=5 ttl=51 time=134 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=6 ttl=51 time=133 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=7 ttl=51 time=132 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=8 ttl=51 time=133 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=9 ttl=51 time=132 ms
    64 bytes from 67.23.118.179: icmp_req=10 ttl=51 time=131 ms

--- thd.vg ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 46787ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 131.965/133.133/134.392/0.765 ms

I don't think that it's a problem with the firewall, I can access files that KAG client can't. I'm still a newbie in ubuntu, can you tell me how can I check it? I disabled ufw and it wasn't the case.

7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Maybe try running with 'sudo' in-front of your command, this will elevate your privileges for this command.:

Code:
    sudo ./KAGdedi

or

sudo ./rungame.sh
    (Note that you'll that this assumes you are in the KAG directory when you're running the commands.)

Maybe also check the file permissions in the KAG directory, it's possible you used sudo tar -xvf %kagstuff% when unzipping the tar/zip file, thus causing it to appropriate with root privs, rather than your standard user account privs.

8. LastShadowPL

I am a newbie in ubuntu, but not that kind of a newbie. I've been using it since few months, I already tried running it with root privs, that was my first idea. It's always the same problem with resolving host name, it doesn't matter if I run it with root privs or not.

Btw, I'm trying to run game client, not server:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  9. Powse

Powse Haxor

I think that's 'cause it doesn't have rights to execute, if it had like (worst case scenario) 777, ./ would prolly work

10. LastShadowPL

True, my bad

11. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Apologies, ./KAG should do the same - You can then add arguments after it to skip the sign on etc, either way Powse has fixed your problem?

12. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Please download the latest version of the game from our website. Then unpack using tar method mentioned here to preserve user rights and try running the game afterwards.

13. LastShadowPL

No, I've been trying that already and it doesn't help (the only thing that it changes is that I can run ./rungame.sh instead of sh ./rungame.sh)

It doesn't change anything, I still have the same problem

14. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

In the hosts file ( in /etc/ ), can you add a line redirecting thd.vg to 67.23.118.179 ? ( Restarting needed )

15. LastShadowPL

If I did it well (I just added this line: thd.vg 67.23.118.179) then nothing changed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 5, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 4, 2013 ---
    Thanks for trying to help me with this, it's taking too much time (mine and yours), so I'm giving up on this. I guess that I'll just play with wine / my windows.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  16. Nyarll

Nyarll Catapult Fodder

CURL Error: Couldn't resolve host name (err 6) on KAG Server start.
    "67.23.118.184 update.kag2d.com" in "etc/hosts" work 4 me.
    Unbuntu server 13.10

kaizokuroof and Asu like this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey