1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Terraria

Discussion in 'Other games' started by HODOR, Jul 4, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I assumed that the "actual amount" was just the amount counting the numerous sloped blocks and colored items and stuff, but i may be wrong

2. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

The date draws closer!!!

3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Only 6 days till the realease of update 1.2, luckly some youtubers and players recieved terraria 1.2 early and are holding streams, posting video's etc

4. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

There are so many new things I lost track of what I'm supposed to be excited for. When it comes out next week I'm just going to spend hours milling over all the different things I can easily do and make that were impossible before.

miniu and Digger101 like this.
  5. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

someone should host a server for kag players

6. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

But then everyone would just throw bombs and yell at each other for being bad at building a house...

7. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Cool idea, but would have to happen quick as the update is tomorrow!

8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I think a offical, Kag terraria servers is needed! I support this.

9. miniu

miniu Haxor

10. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Who can host!?!

11. miniu

miniu Haxor

mabi me

SMASH1413 likes this.
  12. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

TERRARIA 1.2 IS OUT IN LESS THAN AN HOUR

:DDDD
    WHO ELSE IS EXCITED!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!!!

//Edit by FBB: Thread moved & merged. Please post in the correct location next time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
  13. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

14. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

i love the new update

15. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Update = awesomeness!!!!!!!!!
    I proberbly should learn how to play now :huh?:
    :):thumbs_up:

16. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

mage OP

Edit: guess i'll elaborate on this a bit. We're playing in a party of three, and i've shotgunned magic because lol.

The new caster weapons deal serious damage, and have enough variety to perform different tasks such as rapid fire and knockback for single targets, AoE damage for packs, ranged sniping etc. Once you get a mana flower and unlock the wizard NPC you practically have unlimited mana, and +mana on gear becomes irrelevant (as well as "decreased mana cost" modifiers). This means you can stack crit and/or MS on accessories. Mana potions stack up to 50 and their cost (10s a pop) is pretty much negligible compared to what you will be spending reforging items.
    Sure you inherently have less armour compared to melee, but you can keep your distance from the enemies and simply get hit less, which melee can't afford. We haven't gotten the top tier gear yet, but so far it seems that i have more survivability simply because i can afford staying a bit further away from mobs and dodging shots.
    Ranged still seems to be in an ok spot, but carrying ammo is a bit of a hassle. Still more balanced than magic it feels, and probably more interesting to play overall.

So far the update seems to be worth the wait though. I guess overall there's enough positive stuff to overshadow the occasional imbalance issue.

Edit2: endgame spells are so gfx intense they will drop your framerate into negatives, so it's best to stay away from that shit unless you want to kill the whole screen really bad.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  17. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

The new update is very good actully. I enjoy it. However, there's almost nothing very big for beginner players. I mean, for new wolrds and characters, the bame will be boring if you have played the game before. Things will turn far more crazier and fun when you are in hardmode or will be. The terraria gamepedia and wiki haven't updated much, so I don't know where, or what to look to see the new cool things. I even hacked a new character and gave it very good weapons and unlimited hp to explore a bit. Sadly, I forgot to hack pickaxe and axe to destroy blocks but oh well. We only need some more time...

18. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I hope you're enjoying Terraria 1.2 because Terraria 2 is announced.

EDIT: Announcement is here.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    tlc2011 likes this.
  19. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

20. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here and I've known Terraria 2 was going to be a thing a few months ago

Red confirmed it in IRC chat a long ass time ago :I

Mods: BlueLuigi