1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What's next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Sep 25, 2013.

1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

holy shit no it would be a lloooonnnngg time before this game gets 100,000 people, and one thing I noticed is that an indie game usually either gets next to no players or it goes crazy popular like minecraft/terraria/limbo/etc etc

2. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I remember a thread of people updating the wikia and everything it should be half way done by now, they are doing two links (one for beta and classic for the other) but they just removed it and narrowed it down to 1 site, if not we could just start now ! :3

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

no, we have 2
    https://wiki.kag2d.com/ for Beta
    https://doc.kag2d.com/ for Classic

BlueLuigi and Digger101 like this.
  4. sinnertie

sinnertie Ministry of Hatred Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Old fags shouldn't be separated from beginners ingame, otherwise it will take way longer for them to learn and comprehend playing technique. As Beef said, after few hours of playing even builders should be pretty decent and whole Steam integration will smoothly go forward.

Agree, people might be confused because of missing or outdated content. Are we having active Wiki contributors or still everything is being done by KAG Team with only few insertions from volunteers?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    Beef likes this.
  5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

interestingly only plebs try to bandwagon when they are clearly late to the party

6. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Oh man::(: I want an old fag server with a password so i can actually have a challenge against people i know are at least half decent. Not that i wont play with the new comers its just that i dont want to not be able to get to my friends in beta. this way we would actually have a place to go to like club house :3

7. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

You make it sound like it's going to instantly have as many players as TF2. :huh?:
    I wouldn't think it would be that hard to play with people you know, Kstalk might help in that area if you are though.
    I do though, advocate for a private server for the guys of pre-steam just for the sake of playing a good game if you're having trouble with the plebeians.
    EDIT
    I thought I would to add (since it might not be clear), I have no bias against the upcoming
    'steam wave' or the people associated with it.

8. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

You know KAG devs. When they say 'next month' they actually mean next year.

9. sinnertie

Don't worry, you have many possibilities to find your mates like looking for friends through KAG's server browser, KStalk or Steam - it's still mainly gaming and communication platform.

So far we can tick first thing from the list as done after just two days.

10. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Is this for classic too?

11. sinnertie

No, King Arthur's Gold Classic isn't developed anymore. The only change that might come to Classic will be release of paid features for free.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  12. Seladur

Seladur Catapult Fodder

I'm so happy, the game is finally coming to steam!!! 25252525

13. eamono

eamono Arsonist

My guess is that classic will get phased out at some point, kind of like how minecraft classic did

OT: A few questions about the steam release I have,

1. Will KAG use steam workshop in anyway?
    2. Will KAG use any of the steam social features? like inviting my friends to a game, having an icon appear next to my friends name on the scoreboard, things like that.
    3. Will I only have to log in once if I start the game? or will it be steam players will have to log in again after the game starts like in half of EA's games.
    4. any chance of some KAG trading cards on steam? I don't even like trading cards but I would still love some KAG ones XD

14. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I can answer question 1 and 3

1. No KAG wont be using the steam workshop

3.Since you are an oldfag and already have an account on kag, you get a steam key, redeem it,link you're steam account then open kag and continue to use the same name as eamono, and you can just tick 'remember me'

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I asked MM about these because I honestly don't know for some of them (I don't expect much in the way of integration though, you probably shouldn't either).

1. No.

2. Not for the moment, depends how much of the player base end up using steam for whether it happens long-term. We're not too interested in integrating steam-only features because it means we're more and more invested in steam rather than just making the game (and making it work well steam free). If we add friends lists we'll probably give the option to import steam friends though.

3. Remember me will still work, but we're still figuring out the specifics of account integration - we want people to have a sensible account on the KAG forum etc if possible, but also don't want to bug them to create an account manually.

4. Not planned, I have no idea if this is possible or not.

16. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

What happens when y'all make a shit load of money? Will you and MM finally go on that honeymoon to Aruba?

amgtree, Hawxx, NinjaCell and 9 others like this.
  17. Koolala

Koolala Shopkeep Stealer

I would highly suggest at least adding Steam Friends features right from the start. It doesn't matter how good a game is, if the Steam implementation is bad or incomplete then people will call it a buggy / frustrating game.

It might take extra time investment to make Steam integration feel "perfect" and this might give it more features than Steam-less KAG (like a friends list). However, in reality Steam is actually 90% of your investment. If we were talking about Desura it would be a different conversation.

KAG is a primarily multiplayer game. A friends list where you can instantly join a buddy's server is expected. If you don't add the ability to quick join a friend off Steam's friends list, anyone who naturally goes to try and do it is going to ask themselves "Why doesn't this just simply work?".

"I don't expect much in the way of integration though, you probably shouldn't either"
    Ultimately, purchasers on Steam will have expectations about integration and it will hurt the game's image without them.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Iamaclay, Fellere825, Hawxx and 10 others like this.
  18. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Koolala: you got a point there buddy, we'll rethink this.

Iamaclay, Koolala, Contrary and 11 others like this.