1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fireworks

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by giggiggiggiggig, Oct 6, 2013.

?

Do you think this is a good idea or bad.

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. giggiggiggiggig

giggiggiggiggig Bison Rider

Well i made this texture for bomb to make it a firework but i want it to be another item with new physics and also so the knight can have a new weapon. Well first of all it can fly forward but a bit wonky (mabye) and when it flies to far it will blow up automatically (so doesn't go all the way across map) and it will blow up a very small area of blocks/walls but wont set fire to wood or maybe not. Also it can be in team colors and only knight can use it. I'm not sure about cost yet or damage but hoping for ideas thanks. +There pretty.

2. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

So far I get that you want fireworks to be in the game to light dark areas (which are really only underground) and be pretty? The darkness thing is already covered by lanterns. The pretty part is something that should be modded if there was a need for it, not a default gameplay element.

3. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

To add to it it could also kinda act as a bomb and if it lands to close to something it could set it on fire or / and kill anything near it.... Just a suggestion though to add more use for it

4. windwizard999

windwizard999 Haxor

Make a new crafting workshop thing to make lanterns... i dont think fireworks being lit underground with explosions are really necessary

5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I'm all for colored explosives, in fact I would LOVE seeing bright colors as blow someone up. But I feel that fireworks are something that the devs should wait a long time to do, or just leave it to the modders. The devs have more important bugs and balancing issues to fix. They should be working on the ideas that change the game, not the things we don't really need. And with that I say.......

(or at least move it to the modding portion of the forums)

EDIT: Please try not to kill our eyes with memes like that next time. Also won't get moved as this is a suggestion. Suggestions get locked if they're in the game or were actually modded. ~Galen

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  6. Juaro

Juaro Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Mhh... is it good or bad. I think yes.

7. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Hey guys, you know Terraria?
    It just got a huge patch.
    Its popular.
    We want KAG to be popular.
    KAG should be Terraria.

8. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Seems like a cool idea, would prefer if they perhaps have to be fired from a catapult to work properly. And perhaps they could be similar to satchels in the way that they burn and colour not rainbow.
    Terraria is a good game, but KAG shouldn't be terraria they are completely diffrent individual games, and KAG in an ideal world KAG will be as popular if not more popular after the release on steam.
    once again KAG should not be terraria and this fireworks idea is cool!

9. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Either my internet sarcasm detector is broken or yours is. I think it's the latter.

UnnamedPlayer and Guitarman like this.
  10. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I know he was being sarcastic, as I feel that I can be quite the sarcastic fellow myself, thus I chose to mess with his sarcasm and reply to it as it was literal.
    Also: image.jpg
    That happened!

11. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Sarcasmception?

But so this isn't off-topic and ruin my perfect warning record, ascetic things like this are incredibly low priority, as they should be. If you argue that it's gonna be a rocket weapon, great. But make it a rocket. Not a firework.

E: And being literal with sarcasm is horrid idea online.

12. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

So back on topic then
    KAG + fireworks = fun (at start)
    But it is likely that they will be abused by greifers to burn down your own base :)
    Decent idea though and would be cool to see if modded to see it work.

13. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Wait, you sarcasm'd my sarcasm?
    AAAAAAAAHHHHH

14. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

One way you could avoid this would be to program them to work like fire arrows in that you can't burn 'friendly' structures.

15. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Yea that's a good idea, and. I was not aware that fire arrows had an anti greif system.

16. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

How does this improve the gameplay?

MechaTrickster likes this.
  17. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

It has pretty colours.

SMASH1413 likes this.
  18. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

How wouldn't it improve gameplay?
    it will look awesome

19. giggiggiggiggig

giggiggiggiggig Bison Rider

I made a texture for bomb and the lighting doesn't effect the explosion at all so it looks great plus also they actually added night time in TTH(take the halls) and the fire works i made were beautiful at night plus i didn't mean this was for dark areas (caves) i just wanted a new ammunition for knights knowing that the archers have 4 arrows but knight has 3 explosives so it could be evened out (mines don't count) and also it be a fun new weapon instead of just full on violence it would add color YAY ! but really this would just be cool explosive for decoration and fun or for lighting up and launching it at the pesky archers that shot u how fun.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 10, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 10, 2013 ---
    oh and also its a small handheld item 3 or 4 pixels high at the base but doesn't mean small explosion more of a big one just doesn't do much dmg to blocks (barely any) but probably do 3 to 4 dmg to enimies
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 10, 2013 ---
    remember that all comments, ideas and opinions are appreciated

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  20. SapientWolf

SapientWolf Catapult Fodder

%&$#@! bootleg fireworks should also be in the game. They're cheap, but they randomly explode and have a pretty high chance of burning down your base.

Guitarman likes this.
Mods: Rainbows