1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[893] Lure Trap

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by amgtree, Sep 28, 2013.

1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Well I decide to make a little (kind of resource heavy) trap that lures people in.

First you need to make the trap, usually it would be good to make this in the base of a tower
    [​IMG]
    This is what it would look like in a example tower
    [​IMG]
    Next you need to make a way to lure people. In the picture I just used fake trap blocks, but you could have a many different things.
    [​IMG]
    And were done

Knights can disarm the trap, but if they do it won't let anybody though.

If you want you can show me any similar traps. I know this one might be shit, but I'm trying to get the ball rolling in the building critiques sub forum.

Also I would of put spoilers, but they removed the button and I don't know how to type it in manually.
    Thanks
    Guitarman

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    CrystalClear and Guitarman like this.
  2. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I've been in the trap building mood as of late, so I'm putting this is on my (long) lists of traps I want to try ingame. Thanks for posting.
    Here you go:
    Code:
    [spoiler] blah blah blah [/spoiler]

amgtree likes this.
  3. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

ohh nice.
    I'd probably fall for this over and over again.

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

The good thing about this is when you do, you don't get mad. You type lol on the chat box and thats a win win! :)

Klokinator likes this.
  5. truble_man

truble_man Catapult Fodder

I've been in a mood to annoy the other team to making it my own this is gr8 to make one in

6. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

a man can just walk a keg right in and rek the whole tower... in tth it would be even a bigger issue becaue kegs are just free. its a great idea tho jus the keg thing kinda trumps it.

Fate likes this.
  7. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Well he still dies, so...

8. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I like it!
    :):thumbs_up:
    Seems efficient, although I think that some of the enemy would look and go "oh, look, trap blocks...*thinks*....that must be a trap...better not go in."
    Somthing along those lines, would work with steam wave as its unlikely that first timers would know the difference between trap blocks and team doors.

9. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

You can easily cover the trap doors with stone tiles and backtiles to hide them in darkness.

10. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

If you play through the campaign of the Beta, there is one trap I liked in particular. They put trap door blocks and a boulder on top. As the person trys to get through a tunnel, they are forced to hit the trap doors, causing the boulder to fall directly on them.

What I do is this, make a fake exit to trick enemies into thinking thats the way that our team exits through. Make the base out of a trap door so they think they can jump up into it and get into the base. As they jump up the boulder falls, killing them.

Ill try to get a picture tonight.