1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B907 - Chicken update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 11, 2013.

1. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

If we don't see Zelda-style enraged chickens by the end of development, I'll be sorely disappointed in everyone. You especially. You know who you are.

Anyway, this is great. Can't wait to play around with chickens. Although I can't help but notice that knight is becoming a more and more attractive class, being easier and more effective to use, while archer is slowly becoming more and more useless. Is the archer getting a decent buff anytime soon, to make them more credit to team besides fire?

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Eheheh, you should just wait 'till you play archer with grapple + chicken. :B): Going from tree to tree to tower to tree... It's kinda like you're on a wire à la Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. You're nigh on untouchable. ::P:

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Holy crap bomb jumping with a chicken is insane.

edit: also whoah p cool princess lol

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think we may need to take a closer look at that <KFC> [YB] infusion that Chrispin keeps going on about. ::P:

inactive_account and Geti like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sort of. Holding a chicken is still useful for archer since it allows grappling across wider spans and gives you a little more time to take a properly aimed grapple shot (fewer "oops" moments) but yeah it doesn't let you go nearly as far as a knight.

As mentioned in the notes post yesterday, they'll be getting anti-siege/structure bomb arrows that should help ensure they can do some effective sapping or way-opening. Fire remains as useful as ever, and I may or may not be expanding the water arrows stack amount to 2 to help with countering that.

(also on the list is fixing the door sprite reset bug, fiddling with building some more and potentially reducing the range of chicken glide a touch, haha) (may make buying eggs possible from some shop, not sure which one though)

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

If you're willing to do it some time, I think with chickens we could have a farming system that doesn't suck. They could hang around wheat, and by building some sort of a structure nearby the eggs would generate money. Or something smiliar to this. It could be pretty neat at least on larger maps.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

Everything is better on larger maps.

I like the way that princess Geti ran straight towards me and fell into a spike pit.

8. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

KFC will see a surge in popularity.

The clan, not the fast food chain.

Iamaclay likes this.
  9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Seems you haven't seen something worse than the angry chickens, the chicken cultists.

As far as archers, it seems they won't have a nice combat, ever, like the knights, so fuck it, why not make them a destructor class.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah sure, archer has no fun combat, except there are way more people playing archer since it was overhauled because it's explicitly "more fun".

DrZaloski, Fellere825, Beef and 6 others like this.
  11. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Archer is currently the class I play the most on beta and i'm having alot of fun on it, specially for the hook and water/bomb arrows. I don't know why you say we can't have a nice combats as archer. Explain your point maybe..?

12. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Boea, archers are meant to be a support class, not an offensive class. A good archer is meant to give long-range support to knights who are locked in mortal combat with other knights, and to keep those pesky reds from smacking your builders around. Archers aren't one-man armies, but neither are knights when put up against well-built buildings. To have a truly well-ballanced KAG team that will have the best chance of winning, you need ALL 3 classes in the game. So don't think that archers aren't fun when you save your weakened knight and builder from that guy who was about to kill them when you give him an arrow to the face.

oh, and Geti has a point with everyone going archer. Just today I was on a team where I was the only knight out of 6 people (4 were archer).

Beef likes this.
  13. Centurion_

Centurion_ Builder Stabber

Maybe Kamikaze chicken gliders, they explode on command, for a bomb jump, or if your in a tight corner, raze of the opponents

14. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

that is the....... the....... best and worst idea I've ever heard
    Best because who doesn't love exploding chickens, but worst because It takes no skill to go kamikaze at the click of a button. You know this if you ever played on the official MOLE server in classic, kamikaze just made the game too easy to suicide in and kill a bunch of unsuspecting people

Beef likes this.
  15. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Chickens are to flying as fish should be to swimming. Hold a fish and swim like micheal phelps.

Beef, Monsteri, Digger101 and 6 others like this.
  16. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I think archers are extremely fun, I mostly play them, it's just that they aren't as helpful as knights, a knight is almost always better than an archer, unless there's a lot of wood (which doesn't happen that often). Swinging around is ridiculously fun, but besides getting a vantage point that screams "bomb me," it's basically useless unless you're playing on a CTF mode. The anti-seige stuff will really add some much needed utility, though.

I personally can't wait to see the return of kamikaze and rave lanterns. Can't wait to build castles like this again:

screen-12-06-08-22-07-50.png

Get on that modding community! Bring it back!

Also, can't wait to see chickens getting fired out of catapults. With bombs strapped to them.

Beef and Guitarman like this.
  17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

A solo knight with a chicken is surprisingly powerful. So is the power of a tiny tree farm, and saw mills to prolong a game.

18. NovasDream

NovasDream Catapult Fodder

how a knight can move a big box and fight ?

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

His shield hand carries the box and his sword had does what it normally does?

20. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

image.jpg