1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

tower of babel 1.0

A unique map that require the building of a tower to get to the flag. The first one to the top wins.

1. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

steve_jobs submitted a new resource:

tower of babel - A unique map that require the building of a tower to get to the flag. The first one to the top wins.

Read more about this resource...

2. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

good idea, but i dont think it will play well, too many people will ladder fest or just try to double jump from a high point

Contrary likes this.
  3. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

well, if we made the chamber higher, that would be fixed (sorta)

4. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

its not the map, its the players, i dont think people will play the map how it is intended

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah I agree with Josh; the idea is really cool but no one would play this like you'd think. The way I would go about this map is first of all, ignore the flags and beat up my enemies really hard, demolishing any of their attempts to reach the flags. After I've had my fun and their souls have been crushed then I would build a really flimsy stack of ladders on the far side of the map next to my spawn then bomb jump over to snatch the flag.

6. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

fair enough.
    damn players ruining my map why i oughta...

7. Knock it down!!!

Not a bad map.... I would play on it.

8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

One answer that's very damn simple. Mod the server so that ladders are removed... or atleast have it where ladders decay, mod back in the old tech tree/tech scroll mechanics so everyone has to make scrolls to make their tech work, (Said tech meaning ladders > stronger ladders.. so on and so forth...) thus making both sides have to fight for the flags.
    (Make that several answers... xD)

butterscotch likes this.
  9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I just played classic AoS tonight and thought of this map idea. I would like to see it ingame too, with a modded server, to make laying blocks a bit slower

10. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

Yeah, I lifted this idea from AoS classic (highly recommended)
    Good idea with the blocks. I would like to see that.::):

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I believe it's also possible to remove ladders from the builder menu.