1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What type of match do you like to play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoneWolfY60, Oct 16, 2013.

1. LoneWolfY60

LoneWolfY60 Professional Cat Slapper Donator

What type of match do you like to play?

• The long 3 hour fight for territory
    • The quick deathmatch
    • Or the 30 minute brawl
    For me personally, I like the long fight for territory fueled by high amounts of stone. It's awesome just to watch as Red makes an island base and have blue take over (destroying half the building in the process) and Red going back in to blow the whole island up. That's what I like about this game and I'd be interested in hearing what others think. BYE 25252525

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    Ivy likes this.
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I like matches where my teammates stay out of my way and my enemies cry many tears.

Aside from that all I really care about is that matches never feel like they're at a stand still. Five minute long games or five hour long games are both fine by my and long as ground is always getting gained and halls/flags are being capped.

Cirom, MadDog, Guitarman and 2 others like this.
  3. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

The ones where I reck a lot of people.

Apronymous likes this.
  4. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

The hour long dragged out never ending stalemate were half the map is bed rock and semi flooded

Cirom and LoneWolfY60 like this.
  5. sinnertie

sinnertie Ministry of Hatred Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

As long as I am having fun I don't mind how long it is or how it looks to be honest. You can have 30 mins of madness or 3 hours of great entertainment and still there is no rule for this.

6. Ivy

Ivy Shopkeep Stealer

I don't like the quick deathmatch, simply because the knight class does not appeal to me.
    I think I will stay an archer lover for ever.

During the alpha version, I could spend hours on my tower arrowspamming all the nasty kids who raged against me on the Irc channel because of my awesome k/d. :heart:
    They hated me and I was the one who pretended not understand why. I had a good time with that.

C'était le bon temps... as we say here.

My preference goes for the CTF. After playing the beta version for a long time I retracted what I thought earlier, it's really the most epic version. All the classes have been reviewed and are really beneficial for everyone.

The long and intense battles are those I prefer by far.

The creators had some great ideas. I find these new battles more devastating.

J'adore.

Auburn and Contrary like this.
  7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I actually don't like the matches where I am going through and wrecking every member of the other team and constantly capturing their flags/taking halls. After about an hour, it gets boring, like a hack and slash game where the enemies don't get stronger. Now matches against someone who is just as good or better than me is a challenge. if these people can consistently beat me, it gives me something to work for, and then I can't stop playing until either they leave, or I am satisfied enough with beating them the number of times that I did (aka wrecking them like everyone else).

8. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

I like long matches.

In long matches builders have enough time to go beyond building necessities and start using their creativity.

If matches would be short, most of builder's time would be spent in setting up walls, doors and workshops.

If matches are long, builders have enough time to push the science of traps further.

To break the record of the longest tunnel ever seen by man or woman.

To build a bridge that defies everything we know about physics.

To lift a tower so high that even the mighty Colossus would appear a mere boy.

Aye. I like long matches.

PinXviiN and LoneWolfY60 like this.
  9. JaffaCake

JaffaCake Builder Stabber

I like medium matches with about 8 players when my game can handle fucking 25 it means I have moved to somewhere where a sheep is an uncommon animal....Northern Ireland everyone, rubbish internet and sheep that is all we have!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 17, 2013 ---
    No offence to people who live in my little bit of Ireland!:oops:

10. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Huge teamfights are really awesome.

I would like to see some clan wars on Beta. There are some interesting features for that kind of gameplay.

11. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

Long building time, much resources, huge walls and castles, long game.
    This never happens in beta though... ::(:

12. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Depends on what mode you play really. I don't see it as often in CTF as I do in TTH.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  13. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

In CTF, matches end early since building don't give a shit about building around their flag. Mainly they mine, then the enemy rushes in and takes the unguarded flag(s).

Guitarman likes this.
  14. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

Well, I haven't played that much CTF yet...

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I would argue that a ton of servers like to start builders off with 0 wood/stone in the building phases on various maps. It takes me forever to mine the needed materials, then the (often less than) 60 seconds are up! Maybe if like in classic we started with 200 stone and 300 wood, we could build some decent fortifications instead of taking a single minute to mine the needed materials. That or go back to 300 second building phases.

16. some indepth gamemode understanding right in this thread.

mats on the tent are dropped for the entire team, there's around 4-5 drops every build time. if you actually try to build something, you will.

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So everytime that counter counts down, it's counting down to a material drop at the tent?

18. yes

19. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

The ones where shit happens; I hate stalemates where no advances are made.

20. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

I like matches where I have competent teammates, so I can sit back and watch the overwhelming beauty of their coordinated attacks. Of course that is a fantasy I have never seen, so I prefer matches with skilled opponents who make it extremely difficult to win, or who crush me and my team. Oh, and I like matches on that one water/marsh map that absolutely everyone else hates.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.