1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 919 - Fixes, Heads, Balance, Maps

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 23, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Quite a few things, all of them somewhat minor but definitely worth mentioning:

• Added 3 new heads
      Diving helmet, Horse head, Alchemist head
    • KAGGen generator functionality has been expanded with configurable caves and (simple) ruins.
    • Sandbox mode has been re-added due to popular demand.
    • (hopefully) Fixed the annoying buzzing sound on Mac and Linux
    • Fixed WASD equivalents not working on AZERTY etc keyboards (should now listen for keybinds not the actual key)
    • Fixed the flagbase not being tagged invincible - may have been causing it to die.
    • (Re)Added the player light radius and config vars for it.
    • Rebalanced coin costs.
    • Made the warboat lightly more resilient
    • Kegs are no longer able to be killed by teammates - no more accidental detonation by a teammate trying to slash the guys ahead of you! The explosion is still indiscriminate though.
    • Improved chicken farming - can buy eggs from quarters/inn and can farm them in a smaller radius than before
    • A few crash bugs fixed

Full changelog:

[modified] JTG Map changes:
    - boulder lake map has fewer boulders
    - removed bison from newgetisburgmines map
    [modified] rearranged ctf mapcycle a little
    [fixed] crash on null pointer in blobplacement script
    [modified] kaggen has caves and ruins
    [fixed] flagbase is not tagged invincible (may be causing it to die by other means)
    [fixed] kaggen generates trees overlapping ruins
    [modified] updated fellere valley map
    [fixed] a few missing default variables in gamemode.cfg - caused crash on omission
    [modified] sandbox map is kaggen
    [added] player light radius (set in gamemode.cfg as player_light_radius) returned - default 32, limit 255
    [fixed] sound glitch on OSX when jumping
    [added] fire extinguish sound
    [added] player_light_intensity to gamemode.cfg - range 0 to 255 , default 128
    [added] kaggen ruins can have wood in them
    [added] sandbox again
    [fixed] wierd line through the sky in fast graphics mode
    [modified] keg gets a team when picked up -> no more keg slashed off your back by friendly knights
    [modified] coins for building wood blocks decreased to 1
    [modified] coins for building stone blocks and structures increased to 4
    [fixed] moving spectator camera uses keybinds for move left right up down instead of hardcoded WASD
    [modified] floating islands now "allowed" at map design time
    [added] sandbox uses default png loader
    [modified] warboat has +50% hp
    [added] 3 new heads - horse head, diving helmet, alchemist head
    [added] JTF_FirstBadlands map
    [added] undercooked egg to quarters for 30c
    [modified] chicken breeding parameters a little

News on the steam release - as valve don’t work over the weekend, MM is currently slating the steam release for “Approximately Monday”. This is still subject to change, but we’re as anxious to get it on there as you are - trust me :^) We’ll keep you posted as things solidify, there have been some more frustrating issues on non-windows platforms. As usual, everything is just that little bit different.

Enjoy the build!

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Thanks for adding Sandbox back, now mods can be tested in a more reliable way, same goes with maps.

Is there going to be any serious fixes to the knight?

Hitboxes often don't synchronize as they should. This is also an issue with hitting people when you jump and slash and it does not hit anyone below, there are also animation problems for example I had 4 hearts and the opponent animation shows me that he jabbed me once but in reality is was double slash that killed me instantly, to me things like this break knight combat because it becomes unreliable as it's not enough to just time your slashes faster because there are more problems involved.

The shield recovery is one of them it needs to be faster to be honest, even though I shield quickly I still get damaged when it shows me that I shielded.

I only play on servers where my ping is at the lowest 33-66. I know most of these problems are latency involved such as hitboxes not in synch but your regular normal skilled players don't notice and don't care, once you become really good and you meet good opponents it becomes really visible to your eyes.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    Digger101 likes this.
  3. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

God bless you Geti for Alchemist head!

(but it would be less owl looking if you made face more vesible)

4. ::):

edit: what the fuck is a flat map doing in the default cycle
    :spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::spam::door::door::door::stone_door::stone_door::door::stone_door:

5. Bint

Bint Haxor

IT'S TIME.

Guitarman likes this.
  6. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Yes yes! Do want do love!

Going to probably use Sandbox a lot, when testing maps, and...well...just to sandbox it all up!

Also here comes the horse heads!