1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by LostPix, May 9, 2013.

1. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

if you would look at the dude that posted the "17th century mod" post, you would see that that dude is me.

I am working on a cannon

2. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Well didn't know about that + yeah I realise that he's you. Well thought that you were saying that KAG team is making it. Cannon is gonna be a really easy thing to mod if you look at it.

3. RaptorAnton

RaptorAnton Horde Gibber

You stole the blocks sprites I made especially for the FUN server. How dare you calling this mod yours when you're using stolen textures, huh?
    For now, I'm asking you politely - remove all my textures from "your" mod. And you better do that as soon as you read this.

bunnie and Diprog like this.
  4. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

You stole blocks and shops sprites that Asumagic and RaptorAnton and me made

bunnie and RaptorAnton like this.
  5. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

lol it seems people want their work to be kept in the dark, without other people enjoying it,you should be happy to see that your work haves value serving others.
    Do you really want your work to be kept in the dark?

What you are angry about is that you do not get credit about the work that you have done, its understandable, but please dont get greedy making others not suffer, but not enjoy the wonderful things that you have created, what is done is done, next time put all your files under the base, so no one downloads your work, if you put your files in the mod folder = available for others because other people are downloading it, they take interest, they use it. So the point of "theft" actually came not when he downloaded the file, but when he displayed it at another location.

People automatically download your work, at least put in the mod folder a txt readme file saying, please ask permission if you want to use.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Sasquash, 8x and nirvanajm like this.
  6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

No more drama here please or I'll call in Ej to say mean things and give you nasty warnings.

Furai and the team are working on usage rights. Take further discussion to pm or separate topic if you wish.

Diprog, Guitarman and sinnertie like this.
  7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

8. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

you are working on barracks?

9. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

3 Things I noticed from that gif,
    • Its a barracks, as a shop in CTF style so i assume this is in CTF
    • It gives you a different head when you change classes
    • It supplies you with supplies
    Nice work , Mazey

Awesomer and Inferdy like this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Well I just did !barracks and supplies is in vanilla KAG, I'm working on making heads change each class.

11. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

Seen it on one of RP servers :S, but your work is cool :D

12. Mazey

What are you talking about?

13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

They have barracks in Tsillev's KAGRP, but the issue is the range of the "Change Class".
    Imagine this, you are about five blocks away from the bearrex, and you hold "e", half of your screen is covered by the "Change Class" Dialogue... you don't even need to select an icon before you are shown the Dialogue, YOU JUST SEE IT.

I have the same gripe with storage, and crates, you can access them from too far away, and it really ruins the idea that the storage is secure, or your workshop organization; since having them too close the storage building outright denies you use of the other-nearby workshops.

14. Mazey

I thought I mentioned that I didn't mod anything that has to do with barracks. My mod changes head depending on the class.

Digger101 likes this.
  15. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Got a few sprites I made last month but left apart. I think I'll retake it. My first idea was to make a texture pack based on arab riot aesthetics, but not very historically accurate. The main thing is that the archer uses a rifle, and the overall colours change so as to have a different taste.
    It'll be called Intifadah, and i was to make a heavy texture pack (charachters, World.png, trees, sounds, items...). My problem, and that's why I'm posting, is that it needs some coding, for I want, at least, to change how projectiles react, things of illumination and add new tiles with different behaviours or charachteristics among other things... I can't type a single code line, and even changing variables feels awkward to me. So here a sneak peak, if any of you wants to help I'd be very grateful.

screen-13-11-06-21-54-11.png
    screen-13-10-08-01-00-04.png

16. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

On RP server you had your own head as builder, MM as knight in one team, Geti as knight in another... also specially heads for each team for archers and another types of heads for knights
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 7, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 7, 2013 ---
    your textures are cool, but this X simbols are ugly ;S

17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

To be honest, it looks terrible, the colours are muddy and boring, the silhouettes, ahhh, it's basically like bunch of noise, you need to spend more time on each sprite and work it carefully.

bunnie, Awesomer and 16th like this.
  18. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate your honesty.
    I want to reduce the general saturation/contrast in colours, and make some map areas with only silhouettes, as some classic 2d stealth games. I see it might be uneasy to the eye. Lot of work to do :boulder:

kaizokuroof likes this.
  19. well frankly, its quite fantastic pixel art

20. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Try making silhouettes first and then putting them in game and then tweak them as you like, this way if you make a lot of different objects then it might help you with planning, make sure to ask for feedback.