1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Cold - The Winter Texturepack 1.3

Wars aren't always fought during Summer, Winter has come and the battles are chilling!

1. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Crabmaster submitted a new resource:

King Arthur's Cold Winter Texturepack - Ever wondered what wars would look like in the winter time? Then this is the texture for you!

Read more about this resource...

dalapto, pearlsncurls, bout and 4 others like this.
  2. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

Really nicely done! I'll most likely try this out when we get further into December ;) Good work

3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

It'd be cool to see this put on all servers for X-Mas. Like how a lot of games put out holiday updates.

4. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

A texture pack is clientside, though! You can just put it on ^^

5. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Nooooooo. Everyone must have it! Like the KAGoween server.

6. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

But what then if people disliked the texture pack? I think it's fine if you have the option to then just tick it either on or off =P

7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Nope. Everyone must have it. Im sorry. It must be done. :B):

Hawxx, crackwise and Bint like this.
  8. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

I feel we're having more of a conversation right now... XD Let's stop. But I still dissagree!

9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Never. :B):

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

11. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Haha! Thanks for all the feedback! And wow those other textures are pretty great.

I might actually make some other texture options? Maybe make some more holiday related ones. (Presents for bushes, Christmas trees, and whatever else is a stereotyped holiday thing!)

Today I wanna work on improving those rushed backgrounds, maybe make some original instead of just having recolors, and I might also brainstorm and see what blocks I can turn snowier! I also have had planned to make archers shoot icicles, and all the classes will have heavier clothing. Also fluffy bison...maybe...

I actually wanna ask if anyone knows how hard it would be/anyone would be willing to make a mod to go with this texture. It would simply add visual effects such as your character having visible breath, it would also add a light snow effect(either as a moving background kinda thing, or as particles), and the only other thing I can think of being maybe rendering light slow piles randomly around places.

12. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

How about you make bombs snowballs and arrows icicles... = w=
    That would be soooooo cool if you did... pardon the pun.

13. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

You can actually just write a mod that sets the textures, so long story short you can do it server side which would be awesome. I may do that and make an easy redistribute.

@Crabmaster :thumbs_up:

14. Saigon

Saigon Builder Stabber

Oh? That would be rather neat... But only if the textures are at least SOMEWHAT like the old ones! I wouldn't approve of bushes being presents and such - keep the same look, but you can make a few things more holidayish! Would like to try play on said server though ;) I don't know many good servers

15. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

No update to the texturepack just yet, but I made some textures for if I can get a visual mod made that goes with this texturepack.

I made a mockup of what it'd look like in game!
    [​IMG]

franek123, Bint, Hawxx and 5 others like this.
  16. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ah this reminds me of Soldat...

17. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Rate of snowfall is a little fast in my opinion.

18. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

That is the fault of it being a mock up gif and not actually ingame. I didn't wanna spend more time than needed on an example image.

Hopefully it looks a lot better in-game when the mod is actually made. I also plan to have the foggy breath either happen at randomized times or just less often.

The only thing I am curious to know is if it is possible to have a mod like this client side and not server side? Or do all mods have to be server side? Just curious for whenever someone makes the mod(nkChehov sounds like he is interested) or whenever I get into learning how modding works in this game.

19. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

It can be client side, just manually editing the files.

Crabmaster likes this.
  20. TheCapnStache

TheCapnStache Catapult Fodder

Attempted to install this pack today, but was quickly disappointed to see that (with Steam anyway) the old Base folder pack system is no longer compatible. Looking forward to seeing this in client mod form so I can fight in the Wintery wonderland you have created. =D

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Just realized I could pack it as a mod myself. Loving it, and looking forward to the update!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013