1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Xbox One: The Next Generation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Lieber, May 22, 2013.

?

Excited for the Xbox One?

1. Yes.

18.8%
  2. No.

68.8%
  3. What the hell is this?

12.5%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Grindle

Grindle Shipwright

Mai Gawd... this is better than that Xbox One highlights video, and that one was hilarious :B

Digger101 likes this.
  2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Xbox have announced that they've scrapped the used games fee and the games linking to only one account. The console also does not require to be online to play offline games.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Suess likes this.
  3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Justwow, they decied to change it when PS4 just shits on them so they basically do the same thing to get back on track with PS4.

4. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I believe I am in the minority in having this view, but I am personally disappointed by the change in policy.
    MS were trying to scrap discs and move to a steam-like model - I want that.

Now they've caved to the flaming (too late - if they were gonna do it they should have done it before E3 so they could fuck with Sony's anti-xbox pitch) for what? So that people can carry on trading used games... When they were reportedly going to provide a way of doing that anyway that didn't involve physical discs.

Plus the whole 'xbox family' system of lending may not have the same loose freedom of physical lending but it would have allowed 2 consoles to play the same license at once - so I could have split all game purchases with my brother and still been able to play online with him at the same time.
    Edited edit: Okay so I just read more details about the Xbox Family feature... Turns out that was just a glorified demo system, not actual game sharing.

And there are other assorted features we can't have now - because you need to have the disc in to play you won't be able to carry on playing one game solo whilst waiting for some online game to finish matchmaking (I see that someone's called bullshit on that in this thread but it was demo'd at E3 - certainly looked like it was working).

If you're gonna announce something bold and original (to the console market), have the balls to stick with it.

Best of both worlds would be to only lock you out of non-disc games when you fail to go online (i.e. you can still play games if you put the disc in the system if you've not been online for 24 hours) but allow all the virtual game special features if you've been online within 24 hours. Everyone wins.

/rant

Edit: I am pleased they dropped region locking though

5. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

So pretty much, Xbox one had some shitty idea's at first they dropped the used game fee and shit.
    So its kinda like 360 but a bit better, and from what i know at least for me they have a better game variety then PS4.
    And you can easily turn off many of the new settings in the options like Kinect and shit turn it off, off. So it won't be on.
    I think the Internets just consumed so much hatred for consoles and all this shit its like another religion war.
    PS/Xbox both of these have their own ups and downs and made for specific people.

rocker2 likes this.
  6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The new consoles are coming out soon, so that will be interesting although they won't be really worth getting until developers really start using their power. I'm excited for the PS4 exclusive games, especially considering how much better the PS3 exclusive games were compared to the 360's.
    And the real reason they turned around and changed their policy is because they were getting their ass kicked 4:1 in pre-orders.

EDIT: But they're still not getting good PR. A lot of Xbox One games have been revealed to be upscaled to 1080p rather than running at that resolution natively. Dead Rising 3 runs at 720p upscaled to 1080p at 30 FPS unlike PS4 games which run at full 1080p for the most part. During an AMA with a Gamestop manager he revealed his store that the PS4 was pre-ordered more than the XBONE by a longshot (150:30 at his store).

7. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Yeah at the moment the games for the ps4 are better optimized for the system,and are just damn better looking. Although i'm sure eventually xbox games will catch up. But this early lead in the graphics department is a great thing for sony.

8. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

How do I add spoilers.

Also yes. PC master race. Consoles are cool. Pcs are cooler.

[​IMG]

Fate, dnmr and VanHuek like this.
  9. Cerbercre

What, PS3 barely had any games, in every gamestop i've ever been too or walmart 360 always overlapped PS3 by over like 30+ games.
    If sony started getting more games then it'd be like Obama getting some sense.

10. yeah well but

ps3 exclusives dont fucking suck

also you live in USA, the main outlet of xbox, go figure

11. Lieber

lol, I'm talking exclusives here. The Xbox only has Halo, Gears of War and Forza that are real Xbox flagships off the top of my head. On the PS3 there was inFamous, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Killzone, Gran Turismo, God of War, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank and probably more that I'm just not thinking of at the moment. Not only are there a lot of high quality exclusives, they're also diverse.

12. Cerbercre

k i saw Ej reply and i knew it was gonna be a shit statement.

Yea i enjoyed inFamous but this time around Xbox one is getting alot of exclusives like Titanfall, Halo 5, Dead rising 3 which is gonna change the look of the DR series, fucking Ryse:Son of Rome ggnore, Project Spark and a lot of other great games that will come out as time goes by. PS4 won't stand a chance to that shit all they get are squeals.

Duplolas likes this.
  13. Lieber

You're only looking at the titles that are coming out close to the console's launch. Titanfall will be on PC, Halo 5 and Dead Rising 3 are sequels. The Last of Us isn't a sequel and it blew everything that Microsoft had as exclusive titles out of the water. I own an Xbox, I've played a lot of games on it. Exclusives started out strong (Mass Effect was originally an Xbox exclusive for example). Then their exclusives became multiplatform and they released less and less exclusives while Sony released more and more. There's a strong chance this will happen again on next-gen but we can't know until it actually happens.

Sony has a lot of studios under their belt, most of them aren't talking or revealing anything about their PS4 projects. Saying that they have no chance against Microsoft is short-sighted.

14. Cerbercre

The consoles haven't even been released yet so of course i'm looking close to its launch. Also only thing that i know of from Playstation is all sequels the lack of selection of decent games have always turned me off. I'm just saying Microsoft does it better, xbox does it better. It'll take a lot for playstation to get dug out of their pit of sadness. I doubt the PS4 will be anything special nor the games for it. And Titanfall is Xbox console exclusive don't bring PC into console gaming its completely different. :u

15. Lieber

Playstation exclusives turn you off, I can understand that. Then you say that Microsoft does it better followed by something about a pit of sadness which makes no sense because they're beating Microsoft on every level as of right now. Saying that the Xbox One will be better because you personally don't like the Playstation exclusives isn't really valid.

16. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

This is how I see it.

Xbox is more of a community system. You have better online games than most of the PS ones.

PS does better with the offline, single player games. The games have better storylines, better graphics, and it almost makes up for the lack of online gaming, almost.

PC does it all. :B):

17. Cerbercre

^ This is exactly what i was trying to sum up.

18. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

So, basically they both have up and downsides to them, but as we know...PC ALWAYS WINS!

19. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Basically yes lol.

Mods: BlueLuigi