1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 939 - Partial unicode support, Water and Saw Tweaks + Many Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 12, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

This is mostly a fix build, but has a few nice additions too.

There has been partial unicode support added. We’re looking into the areas where support is not so good (anything that doesn’t get entered or shows up as ???). Either way it wont mess up the console output any more, and you can now say the other team got rekd™.

Votekick now has a confirm dialogue to prevent a mis-click from making you boot someone you didn’t want to.

Saws teamkill again (no more seas of saws, thank god) but turn themselves off after they saw a teamie. This should help curb griefing and accidental loss of life and limb.

Lots of crashes have been fixed, obviously not all of them but a fair number of independent ones.

Buckets also no longer stun anything. Thank god for that. You may optionally thank me for that too ;^)

Full changelog:

[modified] FPS will be higher without uncapped framerate setting
    [added] rcon admins have red name in players list
    [fixed] LAN client not authed as admins on join
    [fixed] kick not banning for 5 mins
    [added] if you rejoin within 2 mins on a server your stats
    will be preserved
    [added] username and character name to votekick menu
    [fixed] crash when trying to launch solo mode with dedi server
    running in back
    [modified] lifted default ping kick threshold
    [fixed] saw graphical bugs
    [modified] saw turns off after killing teammate
    [removed] saw from world.png to prevent confusion
    [modified] removed a bunch of enet debugging prints that were
    confusing people (like enet_blah_blah: 15195)
    [modified] fixed a small leak and a big crash in the servers
    browser + that annoying deprecated image complaint
    on opening it
    [modified] buckets don't stun (about time)
    [modified] water bombs don't collide with team-mates
    [script][added] water_stun hitter, use water if you want to put
    out fire but not stun
    [added] removing redundant game files when launched from Steam
    [fixed] being able to join server with client modified scripts
    [modified] changed words in new Steam player window
    [fixed] buzzing sounds on Mac/Linux
    [fixed] saw not showing gib effect on client when teammate sawed
    [added] confirmation dialogue to votekick
    [fixed] script kicks not banning

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

NinjaCell, Scrub, link6155 and 9 others like this.
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

NinjaCell likes this.
  3. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Kag is broken, on a servers where i get low ping 33-66 and with no lag showing in console, my framerate was around 10fps.

Other people noticed it too, knight combat is unplayable

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Thanks, soulless DevBlogger!

Joiken likes this.
  5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

[modified] water bombs don't collide with team-mates
    [modified] saw turns off after killing teammate

cioplrjlepxnwlwprnysmmabvloepdpwbdjqpkebdjesnjwkqbf

e: [fixed] buzzing sounds on Mac/Linux
    :^))))))

6. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yea theres probobly some kind of netcode problem messing with the game. hopefully the devs find it ;3

7. qpKillerqp

qpKillerqp Haxor

YUUUSSSSS!!!!!!

8. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

lowest ping went from 30 to 110.

Knights are unplayable.

9. Ivy

Ivy Shopkeep Stealer

Really ? So, why you don't remove them ? Without the stun, that stuff is clearly useless.
    Nobody cares about a poor wall that will be burned in a fire by useless archers.

It is exasperating to see a new saw system to replace the old one which was perfectly suitable. We already lose a lot of time with all these unhelpful menus and if more we should turn on and off each saw because some people are unable to see where they put their feet, it will take another century.

One build with a good logical sense would have been better than two.

magnum357 and Inferdy like this.
  10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Except now saws turn off after grinding a single team-mate and can be turned off manually. They still grind unlimited enemies, so for all intents and purposes they are the same as three builds ago, just less annoying.

11. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

archer logic by an archer. useless archers is just words that exist only to hide the truth ::P:

Also way to go devs. Removing bucket's stun was removing a feature which I've never used in the first place :wink:.

12. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Water buckets put out fire. Fire burns down structures. Unless you want to buy a water bomb / arrow every time a building catches on fire then go right ahead and remove them.

13. AsIPutOnMyWizRobes

AsIPutOnMyWizRobes Catapult Fodder

Not to mention it was just as easy to stun yourself as it was to stun an enemy. :P

14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The basic tutorial at least and save the princess mode are broken, no signs no arrows at the end of the stage

15. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

how is no one mentioning the lag plaguing kag

Also cata lag is back and worse than before

16. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

The new build is crashing A LOT for me on Mac. It never crashed before, and now it consistently crashes at least once a game. :QQ:

UPDATE: Had about 10-12 crashes over a 2 hour time period. Multiple servers. Sometimes after playing a while, but often immediately on joining. Right now, the game is essentially broken on Mac.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Network code needs a lot of work, not that I'm criticizing, it simply must be horrendously difficult to work on.

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: "Broken on OSX" - we had @Lieber testing it on OSX before releasing it, and didn't report it being "Broken". Will be interested to hear from others. As always, "Broken" isn't a particularly useful report, some consensus about what might be the cause, ie when it happens and who it happens to would be very useful. If you have any debugging information that gets spat out by the game, please include that as well.

Re: Cata lag - nothing has changed there :/
    Re: Netcode - the only thing that changed there is debug print messages were removed :/
    Re: Ping - we honestly have no control over this at all, I'm not sure why servers are reporting higher ping recently. It could simply be all of the increased demand on them. wrt 100 ping being unplayable, check your privilege.
    Re: Don't make changes and then revert them - Trust me, I've been browbeating MM about this. The saws change wasn't tested at all, and was just made as a knee jerk reaction. I've made it clear that I don't want that kind of thing happening at such a crucial time. The current saws are much more sensible imo, and also show the "off" state quite a bit better.

I'll be looking into whatever doesn't get fixed tonight, tomorrow. I've got an exam that I need to give my attention tonight. Unfortunate that people are having issues.

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: Framerate strangeness - I'll be looking into that too, it could be that it's been "unlinked" from the game ticks (-> no lag10) but limited in some other (bad) way.

20. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Wish I could say I knew what caused it to crash. I've seen several crashes that happen as soon as I join a server. Some that happen after I've been on for 10-20 minutes. None of these happened before, so I feel like they logically have to have something to do with the newest build. If I'm able to capture debug logs, how should I send those in?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 13, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 13, 2013 ---
    I've been playing for about an hour now and haven't had any crashes. The difference is that I started via Steam instead of standalone. Could be a coincidence, but I'm not sure.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013