1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Clash of the Sundered Kingdom

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Contrary, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I wouldn't argue, a Gilded [Silvered?] Wolf would be pretty amazing, with whatever their team color as the primary detail would be great.

We have a Cynical owl, not patron, and a brilliant bison, not oafish.

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Nodin is a lion indeed iirc and Grimm is a shark.

3. miniu

miniu Haxor

Do i need steam acc for this ?

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

miniu likes this.
  5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yeah, I'll just add the steam question in the FAQ then since I guess it's not apparently obvious that you don't need Steam for some reason.

@SlyStalker, not sure if it's okay to post the Leader/Co-Leader of each house yet, so I'll let @Contrary decide on that.

6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I was really hoping on a mix up for the last two, since a prior post said *maybe wolf and something else* next.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I see no problems with telling you guys who the leaders are, but I think it might be more fun if it were a surprise. I will say that they come from all over the KAG community and that there are heroes and villains among them.

8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Ah shit, not Sedgewick!
    [I wouldn't mind Contrary; let's show them our remorse~]

Joiken likes this.
  9. Contrary

@ElGilbarto please move your application here.

Also, I have received word that there's some confusion at to the nature of this event. Just a clarification, this is a competitive CTF tournament, not a roleplaying event (though you are free to roleplay if you want).

10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I can't over your lustful avatar Contrary... Anyways I was hoping that there'd be a loremaster to romanticize the tournament, considering the neat and world building intro you have for the tourney.

11. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Does each house get like, a shield design? Then you could put it in your signature!

12. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Somewhere someone said that you'll get to join a social forum if you get into a house.

13. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

@Galen Thanks, that would be really cool so that people can know which house your in and brag about when you destroyed their house!

Joiken likes this.
  14. Will everyone in the Not-Yet heros forum be in a house?

15. Mazey

Yes, I'll add the ones I finished sorting (NOT sorting as in put in house).

16. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

Not going to lie, this would be so much cooler if each army had some ingame thing going for them.. Buffs here, weaknesses here, etc etc. I'M JUST SAIYAN, THIS WOULD BE NEATO IF THE FACTIONS WERE DIFFERENT.

One faction has great archers but trash Knights
    One faction has great Knights but no archers
    One faction is the same but builders are now healers or something silly
    One faction is just bears... bears... BEARS... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEARS.

[​IMG]

17. Contrary

We have a lot of ideas for future developments but we're trying to start as simple as possible just to make sure we can get a basic "engine" of this working. We welcome any ideas though.

18. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Can houses become a sort of political body where we elect members to certain offices. I want to overthrow the regime before it's created.

Joiken likes this.
  19. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

All I'd want to see out of this is the differences between the factions and the politics that follow. Leaders should have sway, each faction should have something that sets them different then just a color, etc etc.

"Oh this faction is well known for their patience and willingness to communicate rather than fight but will still hold their own." Okay, well that faction gets builders who get double to triple resources and their knights and archers suffer from something.

Are we looking at magic in this or just trying relatively hard to have it still just be the middle ages but a big skirmish? Will a faction of wizards (not as holycrap strong as the big guy) be somewhere? How will they appear? What will they use to build? Etc etc.

I've always been a sucker for creativity/ideas/concepts so in the event that you guys need some guy to ramble out ideas then do hit me up in an IM or something; I lack the skill to create but my brain doesn't slow down for anything.

Hmm... an internal economy for all factions that gets tracked and can be used for benefits might be another interesting thing to look into... "The Sharkians of the land of Arcravia have used 10,000 of their reserve gold to hire mercenaries for their next skirmish! +5 soldiers!"

"The People of Pipe, hailing from the land of Rad have used 7,600 of their reserve gold to send a spy into the enemy faction and sabotage their powder kegs! Faction explosive radius decreased by half!"

"The Faggots that follow Kouji for some reason have used 8,000 of their reserve gold to import iron from a far away land! Stone blocks require an extra 3 hits to break for FACTION!"
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 18, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 18, 2013 ---
    Alright lets see what I can do with the factions at hand.

I had this song on a 10 hour loop while I brainstormed and so should you!

About the Armies:
    [​IMG] House Antinanco - Antinanco is the bread and butter faction from the sounds of it. No real change seems to be needed except maybe the addition of a medic/cleric class to meet the leaders "preference" for survival.

[​IMG] House Cedric - I feel that Cedric should get a complete Knight focus. Knight's that can do more in a little span of time but it also seems like they aren't very bright. Maybe House Cedric gets a reduced respawn time akin to practically nothing but can only respawn so many times prior to a huge global cooldown? Knights can't be shield broken but can't jab either, only slash? Obviously there wouldn't be much focus on archery so if Archers stay then remove their grapple hooking as Cedric would declare "it's the pussy way out!"
    [​IMG] House Silvia - I feel that house Silvia would take on a Tau approach (sorry Warhammer reference.) Maybe a leader is added to the batch of classes and the leader gives a global buff but should they die there is a huge drop in ability for a while on a cooldown before a new leader is picked? Being near the leader grants slight regen as well and maybe a global movement speed buff but huge slowdown if the leader dies? Leader also has to keep moving and can not just hide in a small 20x20x20x20x20 with 50000 door square on their side of the map?

[​IMG] House Moire - The house de Builder. Walls are stronger, builders are buffed, super drills, etc. Moire is all about being a builder and being awesome with it. No real weakness is needed on this end unless you want to curse builders to being slightly slower due to carrying more stuff and gaining more resources per mined block. Super saw gives more wood etc etc. They turtle like mofo's, but that doesn't mean they can last forever on the barren wasteland they leave from overtaxing the landscape.

[​IMG] House Jose - All vehicles are buffed and cost half priced, fire rates are much slower as is the "reload time" but you're going to feel it! Limit of how many vehicles on the field at once for this faction, also vehicles can only be hauled by builders so we don't have Knight-a-pa-looza swarming cattys everywhere.

[​IMG] House Thea - If we add a social/funding system to this game I would want to see Thea hold the majority of the cards. House Thea gains perks over time etc through the global market or whatever system gets used.

House Nodin - Economy class. Gains 1.5 times the amount of gold for skirmish victory or successfully going through a mission, all purchases cost no gold/half resources depending on game mode. Bombs/Kegs are weaker and blow up far sooner due to cutting corners on supplies.

House Grimm - Remove archer, replace with assassin. Instant kill if stabbed from behind, can "cloak" for a short while on the field, has two health and grappling hook. Other than that everything else stays the same, on the other end though you can give Knights an ax that always does slashes for half the charge time but can't jab?

Contrary and SpideY like this.
  20. SonnyChoco

SonnyChoco Shipwright

In Game Name:
    Steam Name:
    How long you've played KAG:
    Time Zone (in GMT):
    Availability (When are you free to play?): Every day.
    Favorite Class (archer, builder or knight): Knight

What is most valuable to you?
    Friendship

What are you most afraid of?
    Loneliness

How do you like to solve problems?
    Any Way Available

Who do you trust the most?
    My Parents

What is your greatest weakness?
    Recklessness

Thread Status: